Does it matter who is President?

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
Does it really matter who is elected? After much thought on the matter and with the economy tanking, even after the "so called bailout" Does anyone think that Barack Obama or John McCain is going to do ANYTHING to stop the amazing lack of attention that Washington has paid to this country in the last 35 years? Does anyone believe that when elected that one or the other of these men will reach across the isle to the other side to bring together all Americans to come up with real solutions for this country or do you think that it will be business as usual. That both John McCain and Barack Obama will pay lip service to that and act in such a highly partisan manner that the real work never gets done.

Does it really matter who is elected? After much thought on the matter and with the economy tanking, even after the "so called bailout" Does anyone think that Barack Obama or John McCain is going to do ANYTHING to stop the amazing lack of attention that Washington has paid to this country in the last 35 years? Does anyone believe that when elected that one or the other of these men will reach across the isle to the other side to bring together all Americans to come up with real solutions for this country or do you think that it will be business as usual. That both John McCain and Barack Obama will pay lip service to that and act in such a highly partisan manner that the real work never gets done.

It is painfully apparent nothing is going to change. Just look at this rediculous bill they passed with all that damn pork in it. Same ole thing. :cuckoo:

It is painfully apparent nothing is going to change. Just look at this rediculous bill they passed with all that damn pork in it. Same ole thing. :cuckoo:

I came to that same conclusion last week Malibu and now look at the non results this morning on this so called "much needed bill" thats being rammed up our collective backsides.

it won't really matter. there are obviously little or no differences among the republicrats. the bail out screw job proved that.

Real change to Washington would be a change of the party monopoly. End the 150+ years of Democrat/Republican monopoly in Washington. Vote no to McCain and Obama. Vote no to Washington. Vote yes in the end of our corrupt Federal Government.

I'm for Neither Candidate and I approved this message.

Last edited:
I came to that same conclusion last week Malibu and now look at the non results this morning on this so called "much needed bill" thats being rammed up our collective backsides.

in that regard, not a huge amount of difference. but it depends on what issues matter to you. if you care about the courts (and today being the first monday in october, it's worth thinking about)... then it makes a huge difference who becomes president.

No, it doesn't really matter. Both have proven they are unqualified. But, as jillian said, the courts will be changed during the next four years. I'd rather have justices who don't rule from the bench. However, I don't care enough to actually vote for McCain anymore. If he wins, yippee! If he loses, I get four years to prove to everyone how fucking worthless Barack Obama really is.

No, it doesn't really matter. Both have proven they are unqualified. But, as jillian said, the courts will be changed during the next four years. I'd rather have justices who don't rule from the bench. However, I don't care enough to actually vote for McCain anymore. If he wins, yippee! If he loses, I get four years to prove to everyone how fucking worthless Barack Obama really is.

And I thought I was cynical.

But you're right.

If you look at the makeup of the courts as a reason, and thats an important factor in your voting decision then I of course I can see where that would matter. However, that would ultimately mean that both of these mean would apply standards to a Supreme Court Justice that have nothing to do with the law and have everything to do with a social view. This proves my point, when you have two parties Republican and Democrat and they both have a solid position on who they will appoint to the Court then it omits a qualified candidate simply by a standard applied based on ideaology. This is what got us to this point in the first place in my IMHO.

Yes, it does. We need a weak moderate for President and a conservative Congress. No more wars and no more idiotic social programs. They're too expensive.

And if he succeeds, you'll be eating more crow then Rudy Guiliani when it came time for him to drop out of the race.

Yes, it does. We need a weak moderate for President and a conservative Congress. No more wars and no more idiotic social programs. They're too expensive.

Tell that to "bomb bomb bomb" iran McCain. Who also wants to stay in a country where we have no reason to be there.

I can understand being in oh places like Afghanistan where we should of been focused all along.

Tell that to "bomb bomb bomb" iran McCain. Who also wants to stay in a country where we have no reason to be there.

I can understand being in oh places like Afghanistan where we should of been focused all along.

McCain isn't weak. We need someone weak like Bill Clinton. Actually, Obama has changed positions so many times, he might be the lesser of two evils for this Presidential election.

Does anyone here think that it's a good idea that the White House, Senate, and House all be the same party and all have the same set of ideals?

Most Democrats and Republicans do. It's only Independents and 3rd Party members that don't.

The 3rd party candidates sometimes also have some pretty scary/stupid ideas. That's also probably why much of the time they are 3rd party candidates. :eusa_whistle:

I honestly think it's a terrible idea to have ALL branches of government be of one party or one ideal. We only need look at the recent examples to know that. IMHO government works best when there are a set of checks and balances in place, but these won't work when you have a partisan atmosphere so deeply imbeded into the minds of those in Washington that even good legislation will not pass. Let me give you and example and before I do, let me say this, the Republicans are equally guilty for doing this when they controlled the Senate and House. When legislation is brought up for debate on the floor the majority party will cut off the ability of the minority to even submit amendments. This is how far this partisan rancor has gone on the Hill.

The 3rd party candidates sometimes also have some pretty scary/stupid ideas. That's also probably why much of the time they are 3rd party candidates. :eusa_whistle:

True!

images

New Topics

Forum List

Back