Does it matter if Jesus isn't God?

And you know the gospels weren't written to fulfill the prophecies, how? A reference would have been nice. Which passage?

Because I have faith in the accuracy of the bible..and because the gospels were being preached when people were alive who were alive during Christ's life...and NOBODY questioned their veracity at the time. Also because the existence of Christ and the performance of miracles were corroborated by Josephus.

Really? You think that the Bible in it's current version (KJV) es accurate?

You do realize that they translated it over 4 different times, right?

While I agree with you as I am not a Christian you do understand faith right? Many Christians believe that, as the word of God, the bible is in a way protected from such abuse. It is a matter of faith. No matter what religion you are and what path of faith you have chosen you are going to have to accept some things that are contrary to what we see in a normal fashion on faith. That is what faith is in the first place.

For instance, you don’t normally see seas splitting of locusts raining from the sky but you take those things on faith if you are one of the Judaic faiths.

Because I have faith in the accuracy of the bible..and because the gospels were being preached when people were alive who were alive during Christ's life...and NOBODY questioned their veracity at the time. Also because the existence of Christ and the performance of miracles were corroborated by Josephus.

While I agree with you as I am not a Christian you do understand faith right? Many Christians believe that, as the word of God, the bible is in a way protected from such abuse. It is a matter of faith. No matter what religion you are and what path of faith you have chosen you are going to have to accept some things that are contrary to what we see in a normal fashion on faith. That is what faith is in the first place.

For instance, you don’t normally see seas splitting of locusts raining from the sky but you take those things on faith if you are one of the Judaic faiths.

Yeah.........I understand faith. If I see a commercial on television that tells me I'm going to get my laundry cleaner with their detergent than any others, I listen to it and go to the store on FAITH that it will do the job it claims.

However..........after I use it? If it works as advertised, I've just graduated from faith to belief, because now I've proven it to myself, and I trust that it will continue to work as advertised.

But..........if it doesn't prove itself, I don't have faith in it any longer, as I now know that it doesn't work as advertised.

And........fwiw.........the Jews knew it wasn't so much the waters splitting, nor the locusts and the plagues showing up, it was their faith in HaShem to bring them into freedom.

BTW........you DO realize Yeshua (Jesus) was Jewish, right?

The first reference to the divinity of Christ is in Genesis.

And you know the gospels weren't written to fulfill the prophecies, how? A reference would have been nice. Which passage?

I don't see how you can make the comment that I put in BOLD. It's an absolute and to say "nobody" questioned their veracity is something you can't possibly know and could be debunked by finding JUST ONE instance!!! There is evidence that gospels WERE challenged, however. There are many more that four gospels that people were reading and preaching before the NT was assembled. The fact that only four made the cut proves that gospels were questioned, IMO.

That's where I take issue with many Christians. I have faith in God, not the Bible. Too many make a fetish of a book assembled by MEN at the behest of a PAGAN. The basics of Christianity are found in the two commandments that Jesus laid down with the rest being window dressing, IMO. There's no need to believe in virgin births and human/divine hybrids. Just follow two simple rules to be a good Christian and the rest will sort itself out.

The Encyclopædia Britannica states, "To some Christians the doctrine of the Trinity appeared inconsistent with the unity of God....They therefore denied it, and accepted Jesus Christ, not as incarnate God, but as God's highest creature by Whom all else was created....[this] view in the early Church long contended with the orthodox doctrine."

Nontrinitarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The two greatest commandments would still hold, love God and love your neighbor. Isn't everything else just window-dressing?
No, it's not. Jesus was not just a good, wise or admirable man. He was both man and god. Jesus' authority comes precisely from His being the Son of God, without which He could not created the universe, defeated Death and Hell, offer forgiveness of sins and save His people. The Bible clearly states that men have the ability to become adopted sons and daughters of God, but Jesus was not adopted because He was God's natural Son. And as Jesus himself said, anyone who denies His Sonship denies the Father who sent Him. One can not be a follower of Christ if one denies the divinity of the Messiah.

I don't see how you can say that. I think I do as well as the average Christian. What about believing in Jesus' divinity is found in the two commandents he said were the most important and contain "all of the Law"? Nothing that I can see.

Forum List

Back