Does It Get Any Dumber Than This?

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
The network has pulled episodes of "The Dukes of Hazzard" from its schedule, a spokesperson for TV Land confirmed on Wednesday.

The network would not comment further on whether reruns of the series were pulled due to its inclusion of a 1969 Dodge Charger known as the "General Lee" which has the Confederate battle flag painted on its roof.

In the wake of the murders at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, the flag has become a major point of contention.

Since the "General Lee" is one of the most famous cars in TV history the series has been added to that argument.

The show (which is distributed by Warner Bros., a unit of Time Warner (TWX) like CNN) ran during the early 1980s and has gained a solid cult fan base.

TV Land, which is owned by Viacom (VIA), pulling the series comes a week after Warner Bros. consumer products said that it would stop licensing General Lee toy cars and models.

The network has pulled episodes of "The Dukes of Hazzard" from its schedule, a spokesperson for TV Land confirmed on Wednesday.

The network would not comment further on whether reruns of the series were pulled due to its inclusion of a 1969 Dodge Charger known as the "General Lee" which has the Confederate battle flag painted on its roof.

In the wake of the murders at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, the flag has become a major point of contention.

Since the "General Lee" is one of the most famous cars in TV history the series has been added to that argument.

The show (which is distributed by Warner Bros., a unit of Time Warner (TWX) like CNN) ran during the early 1980s and has gained a solid cult fan base.

TV Land, which is owned by Viacom (VIA), pulling the series comes a week after Warner Bros. consumer products said that it would stop licensing General Lee toy cars and models.
Capitalism baby, love it or leave it...

I support removing the flag from government grounds, but people are going batshit crazy about it's other uses. I thought Dukes of Hazard was a stupid show anyways, but it has a huge following. Removing it from your line-up just because the General Lee has a Confederate flag on it is insane. The SC shooting was a terrible tragedy, but don't let your emotions block your common sense.

I support removing the flag from government grounds, but people are going batshit crazy about it's other uses. I thought Dukes of Hazard was a stupid show anyways, but it has a huge following. Removing it from your line-up just because the General Lee has a Confederate flag on it is insane. The SC shooting was a terrible tragedy, but don't let your emotions block your common sense.
What they are blocking is bad press and a potential outcry. That's known as Public Relations.

their Just'a good ol' boys
They Never meanin' no harm.

......Then some Black people got shot in a church and now they are gone!!

What they are blocking is bad press and a potential outcry. That's known as Public Relations.

There was never and was never going to be an outcry. Nobody was opposing Walmart selling Confederate flag merchandise. Nobody was opposing Amazon doing the same. Nobody was opposing the Dukes of Hazard. The issue was flying the flag on government grounds, which was a legitimate argument. This was a knee jerk reaction by corporations due to a single tragedy. It was an emotion based response. It has no basis in logic.

There was never and was never going to be an outcry. Nobody was opposing Walmart selling Confederate flag merchandise. Nobody was opposing Amazon doing the same. Nobody was opposing the Dukes of Hazard. The issue was flying the flag on government grounds, which was a legitimate argument. This was a knee jerk reaction by corporations due to a single tragedy. It was an emotion based response. It has no basis in logic.
Capitalism isn't necessarily logical. See: Rock, Pet. Few want to be tagged a racist corporation, it's bad for business in most cases.

their Just'a good ol' boys
They Never meanin' no harm.

......Then some Black people got shot in a church and now they are gone!!
that is wrong on so many different levels...
but I laughed,
now I feel bad.. not really but
ok, I laughed. thanks.

Forum List

Back