Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Christopher Hitchens, Samuel Harris, Bill Maher? They also say that 50% or better in Israel are secular, and even the PM Bibl is secular, and most of the Zionist were atheist. Does that not make you wonder why they do not believe the OT is the word of God?

Christopher Hitchens, Samuel Harris, Bill Maher? They also say that 50% or better in Israel are secular, and even the PM Bibl is secular, and most of the Zionist were atheist. Does that not make you wonder why they do not believe the OT is the word of God?

Christopher Hitchens, and Bill N=Maher are jewish? news to me. who is Samuel Harris? You are a bit confused,
Penelope-----"secular" in Israel is not a synonym for
atheist. Anyone who gets in his car and drives on Saturday is called 'secular' in Israel. How do you conclude "most of the Zionists" "were" atheist????
"most" of what Zionists? Maimonides was secular?

the jewish Christopher Hitchens told you?

Seems perfectly logical to me. If they believed that a triune god diddled a virgin to become a man or that Mohammed was the perfect example for people to follow and the greatest prophet of God then I would become as sincerely concerned as you appear to be.....

I hate to break the news to you but "The Jews" have always been right to reject out of hand the false gods of unclean creatures that do not ruminate.

The title of this thread is very weird-----"does it bother Christians that so many well known atheists are jews"
?????? what "well known atheists"------that chick
that died mysteriously-----way back ---I think in the
70s? anyone remember her name? she
devoted her life to spreading the gospel of atheism---
If I remember correctly she had an Irish sounding name---
maybe she was an Irish jew

Seems perfectly logical to me. If they believed that a triune god diddled a virgin to become a man or that Mohammed was the perfect example for people to follow and the greatest prophet of God then I would become as sincerely concerned as you appear to be.....

I hate to break the news to you but "The Jews" have always been right to reject out of hand the false gods of unclean creatures that do not ruminate.

I resent your post------I have never ruminated in my life---
I have but one stomach------and even that one does not
function all that well -------I may be short and left handed---
but I AM NOT UNCLEAN--------- i will try to ruminate----just
to please you

Christopher Hitchens, and Bill N=Maher are jewish? news to me. who is Samuel Harris? You are a bit confused,
atheist. Anyone who gets in his car and drives on Saturday is called 'secular' in Israel. How do you conclude "most of the Zionists" "were" atheist????

Bill Maher's mother is Jewish so he is jewish

Bill Maher's mother is Jewish so he is jewish

really? I knew not-------now I like him better-----brilliant
guy------his remark that sluts with bombs on their asses are
"brave" did annoy me--------but since he is a JEW----now
he is ok

In a word to respond to the OP, no.

PARTY POOPER!!!! we need discussion here------the OP author wracked her brain to come up with a TOPIC ------
have some compassion for the ------brain wracker

I swear I thought the same thing! I believe a lot of Jews are Jewish by culture but don't really believe in god. Just like if I got married it'd be in a Greek Orthodox church. Whatever. Doesn't matter to me.

It dawned on me when I was watching a fucked up movie made in Israel. It was a b movie with subtitles and there was nothing about the movie that would have led me to believe the director was a religious man. Torturing people. The foul conversations they had. Yet they were "Jewish".

I think saying you are "Jewish" is like saying you are a Greek American or African American more than it is a religion. Or it is both.

Put it this way. You can be Jewish and not believe in god but you can't be a Christian and not believe in god. Is that true? I'm sure a Rabbi would disagree but I'm sure there are a lot of jewish atheists out there. Is Hollie one?

BS, secualar is one who views J

This is what most secular Jews beleive
ecular Jewish culture[edit]
See also: Jewish secularism
Many Jewish atheists would reject even this level of ritualized and symbolic identification, instead embracing a thoroughgoing secularism and basing their Jewishness entirely in ethnicity and secular Jewish culture. Possibilities for secular Jewishness include an identification with Jewish history and peoplehood, immersion in Jewish literature (including such non-religious Jewish authors as Philip Roth and Amos Oz), the consumption of Jewish food, the use of Jewish humor, and an attachment to Jewish languages such as Yiddish, Hebrew or Ladino. A high percentage of Israelis identify themselves as secular, rejecting the practice of the Jewish religion (see Religion in Israel). While some non-believers of Jewish ancestry do not consider themselves Jews, preferring to define themselves solely as atheists, some would argue that Judaism is arguably a culture and tradition that one can easily embrace without religious faith, despite Jewish culture revolving around God.[neutrality is disputed][9]
Jewish atheism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So quit Bs'ing everyone. Most of the well know Zionists and PMs of Israel were atheist. (I did not say all Zionist are athesits).

I swear I thought the same thing! I believe a lot of Jews are Jewish by culture but don't really believe in god. Just like if I got married it'd be in a Greek Orthodox church. Whatever. Doesn't matter to me.

It dawned on me when I was watching a fucked up movie made in Israel. It was a b movie with subtitles and there was nothing about the movie that would have led me to believe the director was a religious man. Torturing people. The foul conversations they had. Yet they were "Jewish".

I think saying you are "Jewish" is like saying you are a Greek American or African American more than it is a religion. Or it is both.

Put it this way. You can be Jewish and not believe in god but you can't be a Christian and not believe in god. Is that true? I'm sure a Rabbi would disagree but I'm sure there are a lot of jewish atheists out there. Is Hollie one?

you are playing a silly game of semantics -----you certainly can be Christian and not believe in god------just as well
as one can be jewish and not believe in god. I know lots
of people who never go to church ----but hang ornaments
all over their houses ----and tell the kids "SANTA" is
coming------but do not believe in "god" Such a person is
a Christian atheist. BTW----I never fail to wear green on
St Patrick's day----but I am not Irish. Getting married in a
church is not inconsistent with being agnostic or atheist.

Did you know that in INDONESIA-----a person cannot be
an atheist------you MUST ascribe to one of the "legal"
religions-------there is a list of legal religions-------
the dozen or so jews over there are called "Christians"---
because Judaism is not on the list

Many Jewish atheists would reject even this level of ritualized and symbolic identification, instead embracing a thoroughgoing secularism and basing their Jewishness entirely in ethnicity and secular Jewish culture. Possibilities for secular Jewishness include an identification with Jewish history and peoplehood, immersion in Jewish literature (including such non-religious Jewish authors as Philip Roth and Amos Oz), the consumption of Jewish food, the use of Jewish humor, and an attachment to Jewish languages such as Yiddish, Hebrew or Ladino. A high percentage of Israelis identify themselves as secular, rejecting the practice of the Jewish religion (see Religion in Israel). While some non-believers of Jewish ancestry do not consider themselves Jews, preferring to define themselves solely as atheists, some would argue that Judaism is arguably a culture and tradition that one can easily embrace without religious faith, despite Jewish culture revolving around God.[neutrality is disputed][9]

So quit Bs'ing everyone. Most of the well know Zionists and PMs of Israel were atheist. (I did not say all Zionist are athesits).

Ok
"" "most" of the "well known" Zionists and PM's of Israel were atheists" <<<quote Penelope

got a list Penelope? got a citation? keep in mind
the word "secular" is not synonymous with "atheist"--
nor is "agnostic" synonymous with atheist

Well the big thing Christian preachers say is Jesus was a Jew and say he was throughout the OT. Being Jew is like being a German, nothing religious about it, now did Jesus practice Judaism?? that is the question, or was he just a Jew , which what is a Jew, what is a Hebrew? What is this religion we all believe in?

Well the big thing Christian preachers say is Jesus was a Jew and say he was throughout the OT. Being Jew is like being a German, nothing religious about it, now did Jesus practice Judaism?? that is the question, or was he just a Jew , which what is a Jew, what is a Hebrew? What is this religion we all believe in?

If you ever read the New Testament----and if you knew anything about Judaism-----you would know that Jesus was
a PHARISEE JEW He practiced and preached -----
Judaism of the Pharisee kind. Who is "we" ???

Jewish Moms. I guess they had atheist Jewish Moms. I know my Mom taught us about God as infants and on. Sam Harris , jewish Mom, Maher , Jewish mom. I remember Sam and Bill attacking Affleck on the B. Maher show. How they put down Muslims, that is Jews for you, spreading the hatred of Muslims. Hitchens was anti all religions.

If you ever read the New Testament----and if you knew anything about Judaism-----you would know that Jesus was
a PHARISEE JEW He practiced and preached -----
Judaism of the Pharisee kind. Who is "we" ???

Your nuts , he said the Pharisee's were of the devil. Pharisees turned into Rabbi's . Your so funny. You do not know Christianity or Judaism or the Bible.

I think like me, Jewish people watched and saw how so many stupid people have swallowed Christianity and Islam and they realize that they did the same thing 5000 earlier.

Forum List

Back