Does it bother the Republican base that Donald Trump lies?

Just So itā€™s clear, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are not president.

The current president of the United States is Donald Trump.

Do the Republicans believe Donald Trump lies?

And if he lies does that bother them?

What are some of the lies that might cause problems?

What are lies that donā€™t bother you at all?
Does it bother you that every president has lied to the people?

• In a time of universal deceit ā€” telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
  • During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
  • Speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act.

Not like this. One or two lies versus a pathalogical liar

Itā€™s True: Trump Is Lying More, and Heā€™s Doing It on Purpose

A liar is a liar

and politicians are all liars

Either you value honesty and integrity or you don't

A liar is a liar

Everyone lies. But not everyone lies as much as Trump. And what are they lying about? Doesn't that matter?

I didn't care that Bill Clinton lied about getting a bj. That may have been our big mistake. We should have impeached him for lying. Oh yea wait we did.

So my point is it kind of matters what are they lying about? And how much.

Trump's 10 biggest falsehoods of 2018

To me it doesn't matter if he lies or not. I wouldn't vote for him.

This conservative wrote a great article on Trump lies and why it doesn't matter and how he gets away with it.

Trump routinely describes reporting he dislikes as FAKE. Ideologically, the president is trying to depose so-called mainstream media in favor of the media he likes ā€” Breitbart News, Fox and the rest. His objection to the New York Times isnā€™t that thereā€™s a liberal bias. Heā€™s perfectly happy for the media to be bias as long as itā€™s on his side. Is there any validity to the criticism that you say things you canā€™t back up factually? Oā€™Reilly asked Trump. For example that millions of illegals are voting? To which the president replies: Many people have said Iā€™m right. ā€œMany people sayā€ is whatā€™s known as an argumentum ad populum.

I think itā€™s important not to dismiss the president as dumb. We ought to assume that itā€™s darkly brilliant. The president is responding to a claim of fact not by denying the fact, but by denying that facts matter. He isnā€™t saying heā€™s got his facts wrong. Heā€™s saying that facts donā€™t matter.

But the most interesting conversation is not about why Trump lies. Many public figures lie, and heā€™s only a severe example. The interesting conversation concerns how we come to accept those lies.

The most painful aspect of this has been to watch people I previously considered thoughtful and principled conservatives give themselves over to a species of illiberal politics from which I once thought they were immune. And it is nothing short of amazing to watch the party of onetime moral majoritarians, who spent a decade fulminating about Bill Clintonā€™s sexual habits, suddenly find complete comfort with the idea that character and temperament are irrelevant qualifications for high office.

Read the entire story here:

Don't Dismiss Trump's Attacks on the Media as Mere Stupidity
Do you ever stop crying about fake news?

You fake news Americans are ruining this country.

I just found this. Here is the big problem with you lying Republicans. And Americans need to realize this is what you guys are all about. Take for example why Trump won't testify about Russian collusion. His lawyers are worried he will get caught in a perjury trap. A what? In other words they know he's lying and guilty.

But here is the problem. You guys are fucked up in the heads.

"And when you tell me that he should testify because heā€™s going to tell the truth and he shouldnā€™t worry, well thatā€™s so silly because thatā€™s somebodyā€™s version of the truth, not the truth," Giuliani said.

"Truth is truth,ā€ anchor Chuck Todd responded.

"No it isnā€™t," Giuliani said. "Truth isnā€™t truth."

Giuliani warns of perjury trap: 'Truth isn't truth'
Thanks Goebbels.

This conservative wrote a great article on Trump lies and why it doesn't matter and how he gets away with it.

Trump routinely describes reporting he dislikes as FAKE. Ideologically, the president is trying to depose so-called mainstream media in favor of the media he likes ā€” Breitbart News, Fox and the rest. His objection to the New York Times isnā€™t that thereā€™s a liberal bias. Heā€™s perfectly happy for the media to be bias as long as itā€™s on his side. Is there any validity to the criticism that you say things you canā€™t back up factually? Oā€™Reilly asked Trump. For example that millions of illegals are voting? To which the president replies: Many people have said Iā€™m right. ā€œMany people sayā€ is whatā€™s known as an argumentum ad populum.

I think itā€™s important not to dismiss the president as dumb. We ought to assume that itā€™s darkly brilliant. The president is responding to a claim of fact not by denying the fact, but by denying that facts matter. He isnā€™t saying heā€™s got his facts wrong. Heā€™s saying that facts donā€™t matter.

But the most interesting conversation is not about why Trump lies. Many public figures lie, and heā€™s only a severe example. The interesting conversation concerns how we come to accept those lies.

The most painful aspect of this has been to watch people I previously considered thoughtful and principled conservatives give themselves over to a species of illiberal politics from which I once thought they were immune. And it is nothing short of amazing to watch the party of onetime moral majoritarians, who spent a decade fulminating about Bill Clintonā€™s sexual habits, suddenly find complete comfort with the idea that character and temperament are irrelevant qualifications for high office.

I just found this. Here is the big problem with you lying Republicans. And Americans need to realize this is what you guys are all about. Take for example why Trump won't testify about Russian collusion. His lawyers are worried he will get caught in a perjury trap. A what? In other words they know he's lying and guilty.

"And when you tell me that he should testify because heā€™s going to tell the truth and he shouldnā€™t worry, well thatā€™s so silly because thatā€™s somebodyā€™s version of the truth, not the truth," Giuliani said.

Thanks Goebbels.
How do you figure? I'm thinking when you say/think it through and out loud you'll realize what an idiot you sound like.

Thanks Goebbels.
How do you figure? I'm thinking when you say/think it through and out loud you'll realize what an idiot you sound like.
Sez the proven liar.

It's a significant concession by the Trumptards when all they can do to defend their liar is to say other people lie, too.

It's an admission that Trump is a liar.

Uh....are you ever actually going to name one of these big ā€œliesā€?

A liar is a liar

Everyone lies. But not everyone lies as much as Trump. And what are they lying about? Doesn't that matter?

I didn't care that Bill Clinton lied about getting a bj. That may have been our big mistake. We should have impeached him for lying. Oh yea wait we did.

No it doesn't matter what politicians lie about.

And Clinton lied to Congress under oath that doesn't mean anything to you?

If you're willing to lie about the little stuff you are willing to lie about anything

A liar is a liar

If you're willing to lie about the little stuff you are willing to lie about anything
Thatā€™s right. And trump lies about both big and small

Like the crowd at his inauguration

A liar is a liar

Thatā€™s right. And trump lies about both big and small

Like the crowd at his inauguration

As I said a lie is a lie

It matters not who tells it

You might excuse people of their dishonesty and lack of integrity so as to rationalize your support of them I don't do that

It's a significant concession by the Trumptards when all they can do to defend their liar is to say other people lie, too.

It's an admission that Trump is a liar.
It might be an admission that Trump is no different than Barry and Hillary, just to name two. Of course the interesting thing is itā€™s no big deal to the lefty scum when their folks lie their asses off repeatedly. They just ignore it.

Forum List

Back