Does Israel have nuclear weapons?

Considering they dont have to worry about what the major superpowers have (including China and Russia) some old relics are probably good enough.

Besides, thier planned use would be as a final retaliation if WMD's managed to wipe out a significant portion of Israel's population.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm no friend of Israel, but as far as I'm aware they've never threatened to use them. And even I can see that if Iran developed a nuclear warhead and viable delivery system they'd slam the threat of its use on the discussion table like a gunslinger would with his six-gun whenever they don't get their way.

The issue with Iran or any of the other Middle East countries getting a bomb is and will continue to be the strategic vulnerability of the dense Israeli population compared to its neighbors. 3-4 nukes in the right places in Israel would lead to at least a decimation (in the classical sense) of the population, while the same response to the arab countries would be damaging, but not fatal. THIS is the logic that scares the crap out of Israel, the thought that one of thier enemies could think that they could out-survive a retaliatory strike.

And this is what scares everyone. Should a country like Iran strike Israel with a nuclear attack that pretty much wipes Israel out, I think we all could envision Israel retaliating with their full arsenal, which I believe to be 300 to 400 nuclear warheads. This the the Armageddon that we should all fear.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm no friend of Israel, but as far as I'm aware they've never threatened to use them. And even I can see that if Iran developed a nuclear warhead and viable delivery system they'd slam the threat of its use on the discussion table like a gunslinger would with his six-gun whenever they don't get their way.

The issue with Iran or any of the other Middle East countries getting a bomb is and will continue to be the strategic vulnerability of the dense Israeli population compared to its neighbors. 3-4 nukes in the right places in Israel would lead to at least a decimation (in the classical sense) of the population, while the same response to the arab countries would be damaging, but not fatal. THIS is the logic that scares the crap out of Israel, the thought that one of thier enemies could think that they could out-survive a retaliatory strike.

And this is what scares everyone. Should a country like Iran strike Israel with a nuclear attack that pretty much wipes Israel out, I think we all could envision Israel retaliating with their full arsenal, which I believe to be 300 to 400 nuclear warheads. This the the Armageddon that we should all fear.

Muslims would never point a nuclear bomb at a land they consider very Holy, again you guys make it sound like Arab goverments are plotting against Israel, when they have their own things to worry about....also they are all in peace with Israel...so this makes no sense, what about Israeli nukes pointed at Arab countries is it okay to wipe out Arabs off the face of the earth?

Muslims would never point a nuclear bomb at a land they consider very Holy, again you guys make it sound like Arab goverments are plotting against Israel, when they have their own things to worry about....also they are all in peace with Israel...so this makes no sense, what about Israeli nukes pointed at Arab countries is it okay to wipe out Arabs off the face of the earth?

Because Israel doesnt state on an almost daily basis that they want to wipe the arab/persian countries off the face of the earth. Iran on the other hand loves doing that.

And the prime nuke target would be the Tel Aviv area, which is mostly Jewish and contains no Islamic holy sites. I dont think they would bomb Jerusalem, but they would try to gun for the Jewish Suburbs.

Because Israel doesnt state on an almost daily basis that they want to wipe the arab/persian countries off the face of the earth. .

Actions speak louder than words.
The IDF murder on a daily basis and, from time to time, commit mass murder.
They have a record of piracy and murder on the high seas, serious human rights violations on land and sea, are guilty of more crimes under international law than any Saddam ever managed and have killed a lot more people.
Iran isn't even on the score card when you compare them to Israel.

Because Israel doesnt state on an almost daily basis that they want to wipe the arab/persian countries off the face of the earth. .

Actions speak louder than words.
The IDF murder on a daily basis and, from time to time, commit mass murder.
They have a record of piracy and murder on the high seas, serious human rights violations on land and sea, are guilty of more crimes under international law than any Saddam ever managed and have killed a lot more people.
Iran isn't even on the score card when you compare them to Israel.

No, words seem to mean something, and Iran is the one doing all the yelling. If you think otherwise fine, but there appears to be the standard tales of Israel being a big meanie in your list of issues you have with them.

Because Israel doesnt state on an almost daily basis that they want to wipe the arab/persian countries off the face of the earth. Iran on the other hand loves doing that.

And the prime nuke target would be the Tel Aviv area, which is mostly Jewish and contains no Islamic holy sites. I dont think they would bomb Jerusalem, but they would try to gun for the Jewish Suburbs.

The IDF threatens to occupy gaza almost everyday

If they do its because people keep launching rockets from there. No rockets, no need to invade.

If they do its because people keep launching rockets from there. No rockets, no need to invade.

No, once those militant groups re arm and get more weopons they will attack

If there were no occupying Israeli forces, no need for rockets.
You seem to forget, Israel is the invader and occupier.

Were the French resistance of WWII wrong to attack German forces?

LONG occupations almost always go badly.. Ask the Romans. Or the Soviets.

Occupations of HOSTILE populaces usually always goes badly... But dont pretend that Jordan desparately wants THEIR LAND back on the West Bank. And Egypt similiarly doesn't want much to do with Gaza officially. The west bank CAME from Jordan. Negotiations should be PRIMARILY with Jordan -- Why does Jordan want no part of the burden??

Direct negotiations with Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon would have ended the Occupation years ago...

As for the OP -- I'll quote Clint Eastwood.. "Are ya feeling lucky punk?" "WELL ARE YA"??

Last edited:

The israelis left gaza. Gazans can now control thier own destiny, but they would rather launch rockets.

The France/Germany WWII thing does not apply, as there were Jews in palestine before the partition. That was also a declared war.

The israelis left gaza. Gazans can now control thier own destiny, but they would rather launch rockets.

The France/Germany WWII thing does not apply, as there were Jews in palestine before the partition. That was also a declared war.

Israel still attacks gaza you know that right? No they don't control anything. They have no power over their borders

Israel still attacks gaza you know that right? No they don't control anything. They have no power over their borders

Because they keep firing rockets over the border.

Not true, they attacked many times without any previous rocket fire. And they occupy the seas and shoot at any fisherman who pass a certain line.

Most of the rocket fire is retaliatory

Not true, they attacked many times without any previous rocket fire. And they occupy the seas and shoot at any fisherman who pass a certain line.

If they need to enforce maritime orders to keep OFFENSIVE weapons out of Gaza, they can keep vessels out of the area. A RESPONSIBLE government in Gaza would have no problems with Israel..

Problem really is --- Gaza is more interested in access to what Israel has. Because THEIR LEADERSHIP doesn't value hospitals, factories, industry, education, or any other modern infrastructure. It's obvious when you look at their "priorities" in governing.

The israelis left gaza. Gazans can now control thier own destiny, but they would rather launch rockets..

Gaza has no control over its borders, import/exports, no military allowed and so on.
Perhaps you could imagine those same restrictions but on Texas.

I'm sure they'd just sit around and do nothing about it.

I think you have to look at who defined the borders.
The border of the Gaza strip ends a lot further out than the illegal Israeli version does.

israel-palestine_map.jpg

If they need to enforce maritime orders to keep OFFENSIVE weapons out of Gaza, they can keep vessels out of the area. A RESPONSIBLE government in Gaza would have no problems with Israel..

Problem really is --- Gaza is more interested in access to what Israel has. Because THEIR LEADERSHIP doesn't value hospitals, factories, industry, education, or any other modern infrastructure. It's obvious when you look at their "priorities" in governing.

I've been on the sea myself personally and it's an extremely short distance.....

Their leadership has built many hospitals and colleges and factories....

Their military wing is separated from political, the militant wing has had war declared in their city, so they need some weopons, and they have the cheapest weopons anyway

Forum List

Back