Does Inequality Result In Violence?

No. it is about income inequality and wealth inequality and how it may impact the issue of violence in society.

We have lots of inequality......more than almost every other nation in the world. We have lots of violence. Is there a correlation?

That is what this thread is about.

Now.....would you like to discuss the topic, or continue debating my ghost?

no. It is about income inequality and wealth inequality and how it may impact the issue of violence in society.

We have lots of inequality......more than almost every other nation in the world. We have lots of violence. Is there a correlation?

fuck

No. it is about income inequality and wealth inequality and how it may impact the issue of violence in society.

We also have more highway roads.. we also have more parkland.. we have more food production.. we have more energy production... we also have more entitlement programs than most any place in the world.. I guess that correlates too :rolleyes:

Well.. sorry Charlie.. you have no right to equalized outcome... just like you have no right to a 'good wage' because a job is hard for YOU...

We are a country formed and expanded by violence.. we are a species that is prone to it for many reasons.. it is what it is

no. It is about income inequality and wealth inequality and how it may impact the issue of violence in society.

fuck

Lame dodge, even by your standards, tennessee hog.

And indeed, there is a direct correlation between poverty and crime.

We also have more highway roads.. we also have more parkland.. we have more food production.. we have more energy production... we also have more entitlement programs than most any place in the world.. I guess that correlates too :rolleyes:

Well.. sorry Charlie.. you have no right to equalized outcome... just like you have no right to a 'good wage' because a job is hard for YOU...

We are a country formed and expanded by violence.. we are a species that is prone to it for many reasons.. it is what it is

This equalized outcome thing that you mention. Have you ever actually heard anyone here suggest that?

It's what those entitlements like Welfare, Food Stamps, and Affirmative Action is for... Rich Democrats have to keep undesirables out of their own neighborhoods. Sort of like giving the bully your lunch money at school not to beat you up... Utopian fantasies and all.

Yes; such a correlation is called "spurious correlation" or "spurious relationship."

But poverty rates have a direct correaltion to crime rates and violence, here and elsewhere in the world, with the causal relationship well understood and documented. Google it; you'll be innundated with links to in-depth information on it.

It's what those entitlements like Welfare, Food Stamps, and Affirmative Action is for... Rich Democrats have to keep undesirables out of their own neighborhoods. Sort of like giving the bully your lunch money at school not to beat you up... Utopian fantasies and all.

I am interested in your version of 'Utopia'. Would you like to discuss that?

Now, I realize that this is an icky word for nutters....and that you will likely not wish to discuss what your perfect society would be like.....but I really am interested. We can keep it to a simple, relevant issue.....such as income inequality levels, if you like.

Trying to change the meaning of an accepted term again, huh?

No.. you openly support systems and a mantra that has a goal of equality in outcome, at the expense of some.... I openly support true equality that is blind to circumstance, just as justice is to be blind...

The difference.. mine is not based on subjective touchy feely bullshit and the fucking whims that come with it

I was referring to your misuse of the term " nutter "' nutter.

And I support no mantra, imbecile. I support SENSIBLE DISTRIBUTION OF THIS NATION'S WEALTH. When too few have too much, shit goes bad.

If all the wealth of the world were distributed equally, and so everybody would have the same, and there would be no inequality, that would last no more than five years, maximum.

In five years all those who had been rich prior to redistribution would, again be rich, and those who had been poor, again would be poor.

fuck

Im just tired of fucking with her. That is where we had gotten, but I guess she cant keep up. I never did say they were not correlated

We don't have poverty in this country. We have relative poverty, but not real poverty. What we have is a lot of people who are underpaid for not working.

We don't have poverty in this country. We have relative poverty, but not real poverty. What we have is a lot of people who are underpaid for not working.

Walk around in any major city in America, and you'll see abject poverty living right here, on our streets, living at well below the standard of favelas that fill the hills surrounding Caracas.

Im just tired of fucking with her. That is where we had gotten, but I guess she cant keep up. I never did say they were not correlated

Then here's a tip: don't fuck with her.

Thanks for that Captain obvious. Obviously it is a waste of time for a reasonable argument

No.. you openly support systems and a mantra that has a goal of equality in outcome, at the expense of some.... I openly support true equality that is blind to circumstance, just as justice is to be blind...

The difference.. mine is not based on subjective touchy feely bullshit and the fucking whims that come with it

And I support no mantra, imbecile. I support SENSIBLE DISTRIBUTION OF THIS NATION'S WEALTH. When too few have too much, shit goes bad.

If all the wealth of the world were distributed equally, and so everybody would have the same, and there would be no inequality, that would last no more than five years, maximum.

In five years all those who had been rich prior to redistribution would, again be rich, and those who had been poor, again would be poor.

I haven't given a scenario like that any consideration as I have never thought of making outcomes equal at all. I would be interested in an outline of how you think that scenario would end up as you have described it.

I am a48 year old, 6'2" 225 lb man with a wife and three kids. You have not been fucking with anyone.

I haven't given a scenario like that any consideration as I have never thought of making outcomes equal at all. I would be interested in an outline of how you think that scenario would end up as you have described it.

You stated that inequality creates violence. You implied that if there were more equality - conversely, less inequality - there would be less violence.

You have not clearly stated what type of inequality led you to your opinion, so I took it for granted that you were referring to material inequality.

Hence, my opinion.

The inequality exists in work ethic, diligence, brains, luck, education, effort, and scores of other factors. To eliminate those inequalities needs no government action, only personal efforts.

There is more RELATIVE poverty now than there was when Lyndon B. Johnson initiated the most expensive and useless waste of money called The Great Society.

You stated that inequality creates violence. You implied that if there were more equality - conversely, less inequality - there would be less violence.

You have not clearly stated what type of inequality led you to your opinion, so I took it for granted that you were referring to material inequality.

Hence, my opinion.

The inequality exists in work ethic, diligence, brains, luck, education, effort, and scores of other factors. To eliminate those inequalities needs no government action, only personal efforts.

There is more RELATIVE poverty now than there was when Lyndon B. Johnson initiated the most expensive and useless waste of money called The Great Society.

Less inequality. Not no inequality. Your brain is making you do that. I have never suggested that we have no inequality. Just less.

I am a48 year old, 6'2" 225 lb man with a wife and three kids. You have not been fucking with anyone.

I got tired of fuckin with you. Sorry for calling you a "her". Between your avatar and some of the things you say, I jumped the gun. For that I apologize

New Topics

Forum List

Back