Does history matter

Is History Important

• I dont know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only the history that aids my party

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dear Dumbshit,

This isn't Current Events. This is Education and History. We have a forum called Education and History.

Signed,
The Liar Defender

So you're gonna go all DevNell on us and start a new thread for every thought that flits through your head? This is more of that "troll-like" behavior I was talking about. You lose credibility with this sort of crap. What are you hoping for with your loaded poll? Of course if anyone bothers "history matters" will be the winner. So then what? Armed with your results you'll storm back into the other threads and make some kind of point? Good luck with that.

Here's one you didn't put on your poll: It's subjective.

So many people get all giddy and excited about American Indians. What they did, how the did it, etc. And if you want to live off the land there's probably lots of good lessons in there. If you want to get us out of Iraq or solve our modern energy problems not so much.

If you want to dig up Reagan and beat him up, go ahead, but it's not solving any problems we're facing today, it's masturbation. And while masturbation can be a lot of fun, it's still just playing with yourself.

So you're gonna go all DevNell on us and start a new thread for every thought that flits through your head? This is more of that "troll-like" behavior I was talking about. You lose credibility with this sort of crap. What are you hoping for with your loaded poll? Of course if anyone bothers "history matters" will be the winner. So then what? Armed with your results you'll storm back into the other threads and make some kind of point? Good luck with that.

So many people get all giddy and excited about American Indians. What they did, how the did it, etc. And if you want to live off the land there's probably lots of good lessons in there. If you want to get us out of Iraq or solve our modern energy problems not so much.

If you want to dig up Reagan and beat him up, go ahead, but it's not solving any problems we're facing today, it's masturbation. And while masturbation can be a lot of fun, it's still just playing with yourself.

She's a troll, you got that one down. I've dealt with her on other boards and wish I'd had the commonsense to ignore her.

On the other hand, in all honesty, also know her on a board where her spelling is pretty much ok and thinking above ok. She can, but here she's trolling.

History is the only way we learn how to live better tomarrow.

Did you vote Amanda?

Last edited:
I voted yes.

History always matters. Orwell's 1984 was the classic example. Its a gray area between propoganda and history, and totalitarians will always exploit it and manipulate it.

I seriously doubt we would have invaded Iraq if americans and their elected leaders were educated on the history of iraq, or on the nature of arab nationalism versus wahabi extremism. There's not a chance in hell Saddam was ever going to be allies with al qaeda. A rudimentary understanding of muslim history would demonstrate this.

Also, its more fun that a jumpsuit of weasel to harras neoconservatives and their attempts to re-write the history of the last eight years. All of a "sudden" I'm running across dozens and dozens of rightwing message board posters who "never supported Bush". :lol: Its so fucking funny!

She's a troll, you got that one down. I've dealt with her on other boards and wish I'd had the commonsense to ignore her.

On the other hand, in all honesty, also know her on a board where her spelling is pretty much ok and thinking above ok. She can, but here she's trolling.

They all know about that board and can go see for themselves.

You know full well I am not very different on that site, Im a little more personal because people there are my friends. Here it seems no one is very friendly if they dont agree with you. You are even nicer to me over there. Here no so much.

Amanda you said this on another thread, It makes me wonder what do you think the definition fo History is?

"As for your question about what I love so much about Reagan? Nothing. I don't care either way on Reagan, he was before my time and no longer relevant."

Amanda you said this on another thread, It makes me wonder what do you think the definition fo History is?

"As for your question about what I love so much about Reagan? Nothing. I don't care either way on Reagan, he was before my time and no longer relevant."

You want me to define "history"? I already told you I wasn't going to help you masturbate. You asked a disingenuous question (why I love Reagan) and I answered it. But I'm not going to keep coming up with answers to questions that are loaded and I'm not interested in.

They all know about that board and can go see for themselves.

You know full well I am not very different on that site, Im a little more personal because people there are my friends. Here it seems no one is very friendly if they dont agree with you. You are even nicer to me over there. Here no so much.

Could you take all your private beefs with people to PMs or something. Cluttering the board with all this shit is really unceccessary.

Does this poll matter? Do people who discuss history think that history does not matter?

facepalmbq8.jpg

Forum List

Back