Does Heaven Exist?

There are no "if"'s, because I'm not going to ask you. I'm not going to talk about the Palestinians either.
The duplicity of the Tribe is legendary.

No wonder they have been driven out of countless countries throughout history. .... :cool:
Then good thing they are kicking some weenie arab ass in the Middle East then, right? The whole arab world can't defeat a tiny nation. You're all a bunch of carbomb losers.

When most atheists and theists discuss God, one thing that always stands out as an enormous problem is the existence of suffering and evil, despite many atheists not believing in the latter. They argue: how could an all-loving, all-powerful God create such a world of perpetual misery punctuated by brief moments of joy? The short answer to that profound, emotional moral question is: Freedom of the Will and an eternal afterlife of bliss, void of any pain or suffering.

On moral evil, God gives us freedom to choose what to do rather than use us as puppets, rendering us soulless. However, with this freedom, some people unwittingly inflict suffering onto themselves, while others inflict it onto other human beings. As for natural evil (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, etc), such phenomena are requirements for sustaining a stable, functioning earth, thus maintaining the survival of human creatures lucky to escape the fatal consequences of the above.

For instance, in a Godless universe, a tsunami killing thousands of people is both good and bad: bad for those unfortunate people who suffered and died, but good for the marine life which feasts on the victims who drowned. This brings us on to the subject of Heaven: does it exist and will the victims of tsunamis or other fatal misfortunes, both moral and natural, go there?

For if it does exist, then any Christian who drowned and was killed in a tsunami or any other natural disaster and is redeemed by God, will have his or her earthly sufferings curtailed while entering the bliss of eternal life in Heaven.

Does Heaven Exist?
First one would have to define what heaven is.

My faith teaches that heaven is being eternally united with the Creator of existence.

Everything I have experienced and observed tells me this is possible.

Ding dear.

I'm not going to enter into the existential labyrinth with you. I've been there before, don't know how I got there, or how to have got out of it. :)

You are not admitted to Heaven based on points totaled. No one, not ONE of us, could ever "earn" enough points to be holy enough for God. The Bible says all our righteousness is like 'Filthy rags". (Isaiah 64:6) Not only that, but God is so immeasurably holy and perfect that a single stain of sin makes us unfit for Heaven. He does not make it that way to be "mean". It's who He is. It's an immutable characteristic.

The only way we can gain entrance to Heaven is to be perfect, like Him, like we were created. That is impossible for us; it is possible with God. We can "take on" the imputed Righteousness of Jesus Christ. All His righteousness then becomes ours. It is a free gift of salvation.

That is not to say we won't be judged. We will. We will then be rewarded for what we have done, and if we are not fit for Heaven, punished according to what we have done. But on our own, we cannot gain Heaven.

Your friend should not have said that to you, btw. God does not keep people around just to torture them--He takes no pleasure in the suffering of humans. It sounds like that came from a place of sheer unhappiness, maybe animus.

The Bible was written by men, maybe by Divine Guidance, maybe not. I believe our good deeds are weighed against our bad and a tally is added up. One thing I truly believe is that any man who deceives using the Word of God is doomed to Hell. If I were Jimmy Swaggart and the rest of that ilk, I wouldn't be real optimistic about eternity.

The Bible was written by men, maybe by Divine Guidance, maybe not. I believe our good deeds are weighed against our bad and a tally is added up. One thing I truly believe is that any man who deceives using the Word of God is doomed to Hell. If I were Jimmy Swaggart and the rest of that ilk, I wouldn't be real optimistic about eternity.
Even so, one thing to remember about our God is that he came with healing and the desire for mankind to draw ever closer to Him. Considering how far is above our comprehension, trying and yet still getting it wrong doesn't seem beyond God's power to reset people on the correct path in the afterlife.

I'd like to see my mum and dad again.

Me too but I'm afraid that's not going to happen other than in our memories....that's why we must cherish the time we had with them in the places and times that stand out. I can see my Mom while I'm typing this and that's enough for me.

RE: Does Heaven Exist?
⁜→ et al,

This kind of questions (of the original posting) investigate the question using the tool of the interrogative that has meaning in reality, by no meaning in the spiritual ether of the faith.

You can answer the question, but it will always be challenged by the devote and faithful.

Since the question is of faith, about what the meaning is for the place in the spiritual realm, it can only be answered in the language of faith (whatever that faith may be).

In the reality in which you wake-up to, there are these oddities the both exist and don't exist at the same time. A classic example if is the question: What is the square root of a negative number? It is both real and unreal at the same time. We call such things "imaginary" (i)(existing only in the imagination → we pretend it exists in special cases)." This is the realm that Albert Einstein dealt with in many "thought experiments."

And therein lays the answer: Heaven is the place that can only be of the imagination and can only be investigated in through an experiential "thought experiment."

NOTE: The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy describes the "thought experiment" as "psychological experiments with thoughts." The particular explanation of the "Thought Experiment" was First published Sat Dec 28, 1996; substantive revision Tue Aug 12, 2014. Copyright © 2014 by James Robert Brown <[email protected]> and Yiftach Fehige <[email protected]>

Most Respectfully,
R

When most atheists and theists discuss God, one thing that always stands out as an enormous problem is the existence of suffering and evil, despite many atheists not believing in the latter. They argue: how could an all-loving, all-powerful God create such a world of perpetual misery punctuated by brief moments of joy? The short answer to that profound, emotional moral question is: Freedom of the Will and an eternal afterlife of bliss, void of any pain or suffering.

On moral evil, God gives us freedom to choose what to do rather than use us as puppets, rendering us soulless. However, with this freedom, some people unwittingly inflict suffering onto themselves, while others inflict it onto other human beings. As for natural evil (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, etc), such phenomena are requirements for sustaining a stable, functioning earth, thus maintaining the survival of human creatures lucky to escape the fatal consequences of the above.

For instance, in a Godless universe, a tsunami killing thousands of people is both good and bad: bad for those unfortunate people who suffered and died, but good for the marine life which feasts on the victims who drowned. This brings us on to the subject of Heaven: does it exist and will the victims of tsunamis or other fatal misfortunes, both moral and natural, go there?

For if it does exist, then any Christian who drowned and was killed in a tsunami or any other natural disaster and is redeemed by God, will have his or her earthly sufferings curtailed while entering the bliss of eternal life in Heaven.

Does Heaven Exist?

My faith teaches that heaven is being eternally united with the Creator of existence.

Ding dear.

I'm not going to enter into the existential labyrinth with you. I've been there before, don't know how I got there, or how to have got out of it. :)
I have never drug you into one before. Why would I do so now?

I answered the question you asked.

Does Heaven Exist?

Ding dear.

No you didn't.

I found a $50 bill laying on the asphalt outside of my local WalMart. I looked around to see if anybody was frantically running back out of the store or searching around, retracing their path inside. I waited for a good 20 minutes and nobody appeared looking for it.

at which point you forwarded it to the wallyworld lost and found, right?

~S~

Does Heaven Exist?

Ding dear.

No you didn't.
Sure I did. Heaven is being eternally united with the creator. Everything I have experienced and observed tells me this is possible.

I have no idea whether or not I will.

has anyone really walked on water, or elevated themselves as that being the perception as a sign for admission ... admittedly though for a glimmer of hope I will never be an atheist and as there is life so must there be the metaphysical for it to have been made and hopefully a return trip possible.

⁜→ ding,

Now that is quite interesting...

Sure I did. Heaven is being eternally united with the creator. Everything I have experienced and observed tells me this is possible.

(COMMENT)

◈ What have you experienced that makes YOU believe (personally) in another reality where miracles are possible?

◈ What have you observed in this reality that leads YOU to believe ther is another reality, one of the supernatural?​

I am not being argumentative. I'm just wondering about the realm of Supernatural Entities (Angles, Demons, Nephilim, Wizards, Witches, Warlocks, and Spirits).

IF there is such a supernatural infrastructure such as "Heaven," THEN - what is its origin and what keeps it powers and sustained?

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ ding,

Now that is quite interesting...

(COMMENT)

◈ What have you experienced that makes YOU believe (personally) in another reality where miracles are possible?

◈ What have you observed in this reality that leads YOU to believe ther is another reality, one of the supernatural?​

I am not being argumentative. I'm just wondering about the realm of Supernatural Entities (Angles, Demons, Nephilim, Wizards, Witches, Warlocks, and Spirits).

IF there is such a supernatural infrastructure such as "Heaven," THEN - what is its origin and what keeps it powers and sustained?

Most Respectfully,
R
First of all I don’t believe it is a miracle. I believe it is quite natural. We being things, we can’t really relate to no things.

I experienced the Holy Spirit. But here’s the kicker, I couldn’t handle it. It overwhelmed me. It was too much. I literally asked him to take it away. God has a wicked sense of humor.

Nothing is as it seems.

Who said anything about a supernatural infrastructure. I don’t go beyond being eternally joined or separated from the creator of existence. Besides it has never been about the destination. It has always been about the journey.

Does Heaven Exist?

Does this make USMB like purgatory? Where we go into time out for our earthly sins?

Does Heaven Exist?

Does this make USMB like purgatory? Where we go into time out for our earthly sins?
Just for the ones who don’t rationalize away their sins.

Forum List

Back