Does Heaven Exist?

Start a discussion on morals. In Philosophy.

Shall I do it? Or would you like to?
I was explaining to you the difference between perception of truth and objective truth.

You were the one who raised the question.

What you are doing is, trying to lead me into the labyrinth.
No, I am trying to make you wake up and think.

If this is what it's like, I'd rather go back to sleep thanks.

I was explaining to you the difference between perception of truth and objective truth.

As always the choice is your. ;)

Thanks for that. Most kind of you.

God has helped me every single time I asked. He's saved my ass 100 times. I asked him why and how to get better.He put me in a dream where I was watching myself from the side go off on a guy in one of my tirades. I hated me. Weird.
He's saved my ass 100 times ... in one of my tirades.

luck of the irish or was there somekind of reason as after the 1st - I would guess you are our president except for the, I hated me.

Thanks for that. Most kind of you.
I wish I could take credit for it but it is a reality of existence.

When most atheists and theists discuss God, one thing that always stands out as an enormous problem is the existence of suffering and evil, despite many atheists not believing in the latter. They argue: how could an all-loving, all-powerful God create such a world of perpetual misery punctuated by brief moments of joy? The short answer to that profound, emotional moral question is: Freedom of the Will and an eternal afterlife of bliss, void of any pain or suffering.

On moral evil, God gives us freedom to choose what to do rather than use us as puppets, rendering us soulless. However, with this freedom, some people unwittingly inflict suffering onto themselves, while others inflict it onto other human beings. As for natural evil (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, etc), such phenomena are requirements for sustaining a stable, functioning earth, thus maintaining the survival of human creatures lucky to escape the fatal consequences of the above.

For instance, in a Godless universe, a tsunami killing thousands of people is both good and bad: bad for those unfortunate people who suffered and died, but good for the marine life which feasts on the victims who drowned. This brings us on to the subject of Heaven: does it exist and will the victims of tsunamis or other fatal misfortunes, both moral and natural, go there?

For if it does exist, then any Christian who drowned and was killed in a tsunami or any other natural disaster and is redeemed by God, will have his or her earthly sufferings curtailed while entering the bliss of eternal life in Heaven.

Does Heaven Exist?
Yes. You will hear heaven in a person, who is like Jesus. They are not offended about what is. Nature is nude. Sex will occur.

Does Heaven Exist?

Maybe? Maybe Santa Claus exists. Maybe ONLY hell exists, and every human suffers for eternity. Maybe i will trip over a stack of money in the middle of the street tonorrow. Maybe only people who worship Zoroaster go to heaven, and the rest of us are screwed.

That's the fun of fiction: It can be anything you want it to be.

Forum List

Back