Does God support or condemn...

Why does it matter to you?
Why does it matter to you why it matters to me?

Because I am wondering if you want an honest answer, or are just hoping to pick a fight. I do not feel like fighting about this issue, so I will only answer if you want an honest answer.
Fair enough. I do want an honest answer and here's why.

Another poster, a "conservative", is apparently heavily into this stuff as a married woman and at the same time she is vehemently opposed to gay marriage. That seems hypocritical to me, as both behaviors have been defined as abnormal by many on this messageboard.

So I was curious to know if there is anything against fetishes of this nature in the bible.

Maybe I'll throw a bondage/fetish ball to raise money for the church.

The Bible does have a passage that conveys that the marriage bed is not defiled - I read that as "as long as you're both in to it... party on!", but I'm liberal in the affection department.

It would have been funny if the women would have broken off and created their on religion stating the women can marry as many men that she want with the only requirement that she meet her "wife-ly" duties to them.

Of course, what the wife-ly duties were was contigent on what the women felt they had to do!

Who said that Theology is boring? It is totally interesting when you wonder "what the hell was their prophets thinking" when you see some of the claims!

What prophets, self proclaimed and otherwise, are thinking is easy: "What's in it for me?" That's why they call them 'profits'.

:eusa_think: What I want to know is what were the followers thinking?!?​

Last edited:

Because I am wondering if you want an honest answer, or are just hoping to pick a fight. I do not feel like fighting about this issue, so I will only answer if you want an honest answer.

Another poster, a "conservative", is apparently heavily into this stuff as a married woman and at the same time she is vehemently opposed to gay marriage. That seems hypocritical to me, as both behaviors have been defined as abnormal by many on this messageboard.

So I was curious to know if there is anything against fetishes of this nature in the bible.

The Mean Old USMB Software said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ravi again.

Bummer, Rav!

:popcorn:

I can find examples of people who think democracy is abnormal, it soes not mean that it is. :razz:

Seriously, the Bible is silent on how people are to conduct themselves in marriage as long as they are faithful. A Christian could enjoy kink without coming into conflict with anything in the Bible, as long as it is entirely within the sanctity of marriage. If her opposition to gay marriage is biblical, and she is pure in her marriage, she could hold both positions without being a hypocrite.

It is also possible to enjoy kinky stuff and remain platonic, but it is extremely unlikely.

My guess is that she, like most people, sees no problem in her positions because they are based not on anything outside of her, or on reason, but on her emotional reaction to the ideas. She likes one, so she supports it, and she hates the other. Not being able to get inside her head I cannot prove that this is the case, but I would be willing to bet on it.

If you want advice, just accept that she is conflicted and let it go. Arguing with her is not going to change her mind, nor is it going to make you happier. She is wrong, you know it, be happy.

Forum List

Back