Does God Exist?

If you believe He exists and faith and trust in His existence sustains you, then yes, He exists. I believe He (or His presence) is within us.

If you don't believe in Him, then He doesn't - there's no presence of Him in your heart - and quite possibly the reason you are so miserable overall.

Misery loves company - perhaps that's why many who are so miserable lash out at those who are not miserable.

It really depends on your definition of god.

"On the sinner, lay his sin"--Ishtar, The Babylonian goddess of love.

If you think of god in conceptual terms, god is the basis of law and order and the defense against chaos.(I am in the process of reading pre-biblical theology and the symboism of it is much more forth coming than the re-interpretation found in the bible."

So the question can be rephrased as follows--is order needed? For a long time I always wondered why Christians became dismayed when some atheists talks about the non-existance of god. I only guessed part of the truth. Now I am gaining so much more all thanks to some Jewish poster that told me to research Lillith--both in and outside the Torah.

Does God exist? Yes. Does everybody believe He exists? No.

Why don't people believe that He exists? Simple........they are too wrapped up in their limited perceptions of the world (ever see someone hold a cellphone for the first time? They didn't believe that cords would be gone), or any number of things, like the moon landing conspiracy theory. People didn't believe it because they couldn't conceive of a human standing on the moon.

However..........in almost every religion, knowledge is the thing we're supposed to look for, second only to looking for God. Why else do you think they call those people enlightened beings? Because they're open minded enough to check things out for themselves, and the more knowledge you have of how this world works, then the more a person generally comes to believe in God, because they've seen how things fit together.

Einstein once said "theology without science is crippled, and science without theology is blind", so you've got to have a healthy balance of both. Saying "God did it" is showing ignorance, because the next question you should ask is how did He do it, and why did He do it that particular way? Most scientists at the higher levels of their respective fields DO believe in God.

Me? I believe, because my experiences in the military, as well as several significant events in my life would not have happened, nor would I have survived them if God didn't exist.

The only thing that I've got a problem with is the people that adhere stubbornly to 1 belief system, and then use that to tell everyone else they're wrong. If you think about it, you'd get a hell of a lot farther in your understanding if you researched as many religions as you can, and then started to look for the similarities between all of them. The differences in religion is because people don't want to understand others, they want them to join in or they fight with them.

The differences are simply just one religion stating that their particular understanding of God is the only right one, and it's usually followed by "my God is better than your God".

It's all the same deity, just different names and understandings based on culture and location.

They are not all the same deity--but the formulation of each religions perspective may be from the same sources!!:tongue:

There is only one god. I wonder if the Chrsitians and muslims ever wondered why Jews took such painstaking attempts to prove that Jehovah was the god of the Jews. But then, they probably knew thus explaining some of their members anti-semantism.

If there is a god, you may have to admit more than one and then exclaim faith to the god that defend your people. Western Theology maybe a system of plagarism and recasting others ideas to setup an ordered society.

Given this type of way of looking at religion, it may not be a good idea to break their idols!

Consider that a form of good advice.

They are not all the same deity--but the formulation of each religions perspective may be from the same sources!!:tongue:

There is only one god. I wonder if the Chrsitians and muslims ever wondered why Jews took such painstaking attempts to prove that Jehovah was the god of the Jews. But then, they probably knew thus explaining some of their members anti-semantism.

If there is a god, you may have to admit more than one and then exclaim faith to the god that defend your people. Western Theology maybe a system of plagarism and recasting others ideas to setup an ordered society.

Given this type of way of looking at religion, it may not be a good idea to break their idols!

There is only one god? That is your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Misery loves company - perhaps that's why many who are so miserable lash out at those who are not miserable.

That's why the devil wants our souls. Because Misery loves company. He wants us all to be as miserable as he is.

There is only one god? That is your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Actually, I meant to put that in quotes since that is the cornerstone of faith belonging to Christians and Muslims. In truth, if the Christians and muslims are correct, there are numerous gods!

You know, if you understand the Jewish theology, you would see that God is sort of like the Captian of Heaven, and the Sephirot are His staff. Everything is set up like a hierarchy.

Only problem is, most people only look at their particular view of God as the only one that is "right". Have you ever sat and looked at the teachings of Buddha and compared them to the teachings of Yeshua? Many very interesting similarities in there.

And.......if you make a comparison of Taoist beliefs and line them up with Judaic theology, the actually are closer than most people would think.

Not only that, but there are stories written about Yeshua in India after He'd left Israel. Only instead of calling Him "Yeshua" which means Son of Light, they called Him "Issa" which means the same thing only in Hindu.

IF god exists then one of the following statements has to be true

1) He is a cruel, spiteful God. (look at the world today for evidence of good people dying every minute)
2) He is powerless (look at the world today and tell me why so many bad things happen every day to good people)

OR

Neither of the above statements are true because.......There is no God.

Using Occam's Razor I will go with the last choice.
There is no God.

There is no proof of god.

There is no reason to believe in things that there is no proof of.

1) He is a cruel, spiteful God. (look at the world today for evidence of good people dying every minute)
2) He is powerless (look at the world today and tell me why so many bad things happen every day to good people)

OR

There is no God.

Wrong. Good people die every day because their fellow humans act like there ISN'T someone watching, and that is why they are killed.

And........He's not powerless. Bad things sometimes happen to good people because a situation arose, but it is also a test for the people around them to step in and help out their fellow human.

God does exist, it's just that people who are too self absorbed or ignorant won't acknowledge this, because they don't want to be bothered by helping out their fellow man.

Interestingly enough, there have been situations in my life (a few actually), where bad things happened to me, which later down the road of life became some of my strongest assets.

I've been through all 3 types of child abuse as a kid from 5 - 12, but because of that I've got experience that I can use to help out others who have gone through, or are going through those bad things, and I can help them out of the pit they were thrown into.

Some were very simple normal things which later turned out to be a great thing after I'd made it through, because it was replaced with something better. A good example of that was getting kicked out of my apartment because of a meth cook in my building (he spent a lot of time lying to the owners because he was pissed thinking that I'd called the cops on him). But that turned out to be a wonderful thing because now I live in a real house with a real yard.

Interestingly enough, I'm paying about the same amount in rent.

OR

There is no God.
The same argument could be used for cops or judges.
Since there is crime there must not be a judicial system
:eusa_whistle:

OR

There is no God.

Wrong. Good people die every day because their fellow humans act like there ISN'T someone watching, and that is why they are killed.

And........He's not powerless. Bad things sometimes happen to good people because a situation arose, but it is also a test for the people around them to step in and help out their fellow human.

God does exist, it's just that people who are too self absorbed or ignorant won't acknowledge this, because they don't want to be bothered by helping out their fellow man.

Interestingly enough, there have been situations in my life (a few actually), where bad things happened to me, which later down the road of life became some of my strongest assets.

I've been through all 3 types of child abuse as a kid from 5 - 12, but because of that I've got experience that I can use to help out others who have gone through, or are going through those bad things, and I can help them out of the pit they were thrown into.

Some were very simple normal things which later turned out to be a great thing after I'd made it through, because it was replaced with something better. A good example of that was getting kicked out of my apartment because of a meth cook in my building (he spent a lot of time lying to the owners because he was pissed thinking that I'd called the cops on him). But that turned out to be a wonderful thing because now I live in a real house with a real yard.

Interestingly enough, I'm paying about the same amount in rent.

I'm not talking about crime. Explain to me the millions children who die from horrible diseases. Why does a God allow that to happen? Are those children being tested??

OR

There is no God.
The same argument could be used for cops or judges.
Since there is crime there must not be a judicial system
:eusa_whistle:

Huh? There is a judicial system because there is crime. I don't follow your logic.

I believe in God.
Those that don't believe in God will someday wish they did.

any god who would punish good and decent people simply because they did not believe in him is a jerk

he is no better than hitler

he is no better than the devil

if THAT god did exist I would refuse to worship him

i would rather burn in hell for eternity as a FREE and HONORABLE MAN than be a whimpering pathetic coward who worships such an evil god because of FEAR

I dont need FEAR to make me stay honest.

I treat my fellow man like I would wish to be treated.

Some of the best humans I know dont believe in god.

Some of the worst people I know believe in god.

Forum List

Back