I see. So will you be destroyed when you die?

at this point, you are being obtuse
I don't believe I am. I am making the distinction that death is not destruction of our souls. Everyone will die. None of us will be destroyed. The only question remaining is will we be separated from God when we do die.

When you have the Holy Spirit , your soul opens up to the reality of a spiritual realm around us... We can not see it with our eyes, but our spirit connects when you are open.
Our bodies are shells, but our spirits go on.

My sister passed away in 2001, I was in the room with her. When she died I felt my sister and God walk right through me... since that moment I have had even a stronger connection..

Or, perhaps people feel more comfortable in their own little world, rather than in the real world. They attribute things that happen to them as something else, simply because it makes them feel better.

The same can be said about religion, politics and alcohol.

You are right... You know the emotions that come along when a loved one dies? Very deep , strong emotions..We are facing our own mortality and the reality.. We then go off and distract ourselves with like what you said and will include the computers,TV, over work, anything to keep us busy so we don't have to feel those feelings of death and dying..

Yes, and while I don't have a problem with that, I am not like that. I am a realist, and I see what is there. I don't make stuff up. The problem comes when in politics people do this sort of thing, and it causes havoc.

I don't know if animals have souls or not. I only know that what He created was good and that it is not in His Nature to destroy what He has created because it is good. He hasn't destroyed Lucifer, has He?

not yet

so, since I am in a mood to reveal my batshit crazy...

I believe that men were experimenting with genetic mutation pre-flood

I believe that Satan's minions were bold enough to walk the earth and that their seed polluted the human gene pool

I believe that Noah and his sons were all "pure blooded" & that they preserved unmutated/unpolluted critters on the Ark

I believe that sexual perversion had reached levels even beyond what we see today (although, I think we are close)

I believe that mankind had attained population and technological levels beyond what we see today

And I believe that we are living in days that are similar to the days of Noah & Lott today (sexual perversion, knowledge, etc - so even some reference to Daniel's discussion with the angel here)

And I do believe that God can, will & has destroyed things that he created

on your larger point, no, I do not believe that "death equals destruction"

so yes, the soul is eternal & things made in his image are not to be destroyed; unless you consider eternal damnation and separation from God as "destruction"

so, are you arguing semantics here?
I don't believe I am arguing semantics here. I don't believe He destroys what He creates.

Dingus, I'd like to support ya but you're just slap wrong.
Dingus?
Sorry, I've already seen that used a couple times.
As a rule I try to do the opposite of what most people do.

I believe he was vengeful until Jesus died the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, which opened a bridge to God . I do not see anger in the New testament.

God set the stage for Christ right after Adam & Eve's original sin - does not seem vengeful to me

And there was certainly anger in the NT

7xpxr.jpg
That big bank crash causes a mighty stir among many who place their trust in their 'moon' aka money.

Forum List

Back