Does everyone realize....

This has nothing to do with class warfare, this has to do with the majority of business owners not sharing in the sacrifices of their workers.

Why do you hate the owner of Noodles Restaurant so much? Is it because he expects you to be at work on time and to do the job he asks you to do?

You sad little booby. You have provided no proof that the majority of business owners are not sharing the sacrifices of their workers. You are just spewing class warfare nonsense.

what is a Noodles Restaurant??? I don't even know the owner??? Don't even work for him, and he never asked anything of me.

Name calling?? really?? Not saying they all aren't sharing in the sacrifices, and the proof is the widening gap between the rich and the poor and the elimination of the middle class. Class warfare benefits no one. I'm not out trying to redistribute wealth, and I don't want to take anything from someone who earned it.

Your reading comprehension and memory retention are sorely lacking.

You said The Majority of business owners are not sharing workers' sacrifices. I responded that you provided no proof to back up this claim.

And you still haven't.

You're just another garden variety class warfare stooge.

Yea, that's right.... My family are wealthy.... therefore I must be spoiled. :lol::lol:

Fact is I pay my own mortgage, and bills, and everything I have, I earned. My parents paid for my education - for which I am eternally grateful. Eventually, he'll hand his business over to my brother - who will run it the same way Dad does.... and the rest of us will remain shareholders (like we are already).... and we will continue to support him in running the business the way OUR FAMILY decides it should be run. My Dad is not an island - his attitudes are our attitudes... because he taught us his ethics and his principles. It is not 'his company', it belongs to our family. We all play a part in the decision making.

Idiot.

I was going to reply with sarcasm, but I am going to try and elevate the conversation. Do you think your opinion comes from being from a wealthy family? and would it have been different had your father been a factory worker instead?

This is where I will not return the name calling.

My family were not always wealthy, that's my Dad that achieved that for us. He comes from an Irish American family of workers. We were taught to value work, and to earn our own way in the world. You are very judgmental of what other people are - based on your own prejudices.... I find that shallow and narrow minded. Coming from a privileged background does not make me any better or worse than you.

This reply I understand, had you started out here we wouldn't have had any of the BS of the prior. The name calling in your previous responses along with the dismissive manner mislead me into beliveing you had an air of superiority about you and you were talking down to me. It sounds like I would be better off working for your father it sounds like he understands what the worker is going through. Also, you can not take all the blame for previous posts as I recognize I also should have taken a less adversarial appraoch. My appologies.

Your reading comprehension and memory retention are sorely lacking.

You said The Majority of business owners are not sharing workers' sacrifices. I responded that you provided no proof to back up this claim.

And you still haven't.

You're just another garden variety class warfare stooge.

I thought I did explain, so why don't you tell me why the divide between the worker and the employer (the wealthy and the not so wealthy) is widening if the employer is making the same sacrifices?

I think you're ignoring the fact that not every person has the choice to move up in ran, business-wise. I think almost everyone would trade higher responsibility for higher benefits, but not everyone, can a multitude of reasons including race, class, ability, and just plain luck. And don't give me that bullshit about people that are low-wage workers being lazy. They aren't lazy, they are disadvantaged and disillusioned.

Wow...you win the prize of the day for putting things in people's mouths and twisting what they say to fulfil your preconceived notions.
:clap2:

Maybe it was a bit presumptuous, but having heard that line so many times, I felt I needed to address it. Would you respond to my post now?

Respond to your post?
Well...your wrong.
I do not subscribe to the opinion that people are prepositioned for poverty in this nation. That little misguided belief has been proved wrong 1,000's of times. Not to say that it isn't much...MUCH harder for someone born in central L.A. than someone born in Malibu...but still it is possible for anyone in this country - IF - you are willing to fight your way to it.
Now, for every person who has battled their way out of poverty to a better life - there are 1,000 who are waiting for someone to give it to them.

My point of view is that you are a class warfare stooge who has no idea of the masters he is serving by supporting such nonsense.

This has nothing to do with class warfare, this has to do with the majority of business owners not sharing in the sacrifices of their workers.

While serving in the military during Desert Storm our platoon sargent for the first week burned shit from the latrines because it had to be done. After the first week he then moved down the chain of command making all of his NCO's burn shit as well. When it got down to the enlisted no one complained or griped because we all saw he wasn't just passing the buck. He was willing to work alongside his troops. He was well respected, and we would do anything he asked. This is what workers look for in an employer.
I guess you missed my post where I showed that small business owners worked longer hours and more days than their employees.

Why did you miss it?

My point of view is that you are a class warfare stooge who has no idea of the masters he is serving by supporting such nonsense.

While serving in the military during Desert Storm our platoon sargent for the first week burned shit from the latrines because it had to be done. After the first week he then moved down the chain of command making all of his NCO's burn shit as well. When it got down to the enlisted no one complained or griped because we all saw he wasn't just passing the buck. He was willing to work alongside his troops. He was well respected, and we would do anything he asked. This is what workers look for in an employer.
I guess you missed my post where I showed that small business owners worked longer hours and more days than their employees.

Why did you miss it?

I did not miss it, it just does not show the employees who work multiple jobs (like myself). If you were to look at the amount of time the employer works compared to the employee who must work multiple jobs to make up for the wages he cannot earn with his primary job. This is where the employee works harder than the employer. Not to say that this is true of everyone.

I was going to reply with sarcasm, but I am going to try and elevate the conversation. Do you think your opinion comes from being from a wealthy family? and would it have been different had your father been a factory worker instead?

This is where I will not return the name calling.

My family were not always wealthy, that's my Dad that achieved that for us. He comes from an Irish American family of workers. We were taught to value work, and to earn our own way in the world. You are very judgmental of what other people are - based on your own prejudices.... I find that shallow and narrow minded. Coming from a privileged background does not make me any better or worse than you.

This reply I understand, had you started out here we wouldn't have had any of the BS of the prior. The name calling in your previous responses along with the dismissive manner mislead me into beliveing you had an air of superiority about you and you were talking down to me. It sounds like I would be better off working for your father it sounds like he understands what the worker is going through. Also, you can not take all the blame for previous posts as I recognize I also should have taken a less adversarial appraoch. My appologies.

I don't want your apology. I consider you beneath me, not because I'm from a wealthy background, or because you're a 'worker' and I am self employed.... but because you are a judgmental ass and I am an accepting individual. You changed your opinion of me only once you realized that my family worked for everything they have. I find you to be a shallow, jealous, petty individual and I have no time for such assholes.

Why did you miss it?

I did not miss it, it just does not show the employees who work multiple jobs (like myself). If you were to look at the amount of time the employer works compared to the employee who must work multiple jobs to make up for the wages he cannot earn with his primary job. This is where the employee works harder than the employer. Not to say that this is true of everyone.

If you work more than one job, that is not your employers problem.

Most business owners work harder than their employees because they have much more responsibility than you do. You clock off, walk out and don't need to think about work again. A business owner will be the one still in the office, or taking paperwork home, or hitting the phone to drum up more business, or chase up supplies or whatever else needs to be done.

You have an incredibly blinkered view of the what other people do. You're remarkably ignorant of the real world of work.

Why did you miss it?

Now you need to show some stats proving how many people work multiple jobs.

I don't want your apology. I consider you beneath me, not because I'm from a wealthy background, or because you're a 'worker' and I am self employed.... but because you are a judgmental ass and I am an accepting individual. You changed your opinion of me only once you realized that my family worked for everything they have. I find you to be a shallow, jealous, petty individual and I have no time for such assholes.

Suit yourself, this is where one would normally lower themselves into the gutter with you and have a name calling fest, but you just aren't worth the time. Maybe at a later date when you feel you can converse like an adult we can try again. I won't give up on you, somewhere in ther is a good person, I just got to find it.

Suit yourself, this is where one would normally lower themselves into the gutter with you and have a name calling fest, but you just aren't worth the time. Maybe at a later date when you feel you can converse like an adult we can try again. I won't give up on you, somewhere in ther is a good person, I just got to find it.

That 'good person' inside me is quite easy to find.... she just tends to avoid engaging rationally with irrational idiots.

While you're learning about the world of business, and particularly about small business owners, consider this: without those people, you wouldn't be fucking working at all.

Why did you miss it?

I wish I could provide stats at this point, but I don't have the time to look right now. This is why I said, "it is not true of everyone". I can only say that I work 50-60 hours a week at multiple jobs. Where the two employers I work for don't appear to do so. The friends that I have also work multiple jobs and put in comparable hours, and they tell the same stories of their employers. There are stats and facts, and they tend to be given as an average. Stats and facts don't change the unique situation I and others like me find ourselves. We work longer and harder and take on more and more responsibilities for multiple owners, and still go backwards. My employer comes to work in his new corvette and I parked my vehicle in favor of my bicycle because of costs. That is the reality and all the stats and facts don't change that. My second job, the employer has us wash and wax his forty foot house boat every year before he goes on Easter vacation, all the while pulling time cards checking to make sure no one works over forty hours. Complaining that the three of us don't work as fast as the five of us did last year. That is reality.

That 'good person' inside me is quite easy to find.... she just tends to avoid engaging rationally with irrational idiots.

While you're learning about the world of business, and particularly about small business owners, consider this: without those people, you wouldn't be fucking working at all.

Thats where you are wrong, If you want to work there are plenty of jobs. Name calling really makes you look ignorant. Has anyone ever told you that?

I wish I could provide stats at this point, but I don't have the time to look right now. This is why I said, "it is not true of everyone". I can only say that I work 50-60 hours a week at multiple jobs. Where the two employers I work for don't appear to do so. The friends that I have also work multiple jobs and put in comparable hours, and they tell the same stories of their employers. There are stats and facts, and they tend to be given as an average. Stats and facts don't change the unique situation I and others like me find ourselves. We work longer and harder and take on more and more responsibilities for multiple owners, and still go backwards. My employer comes to work in his new corvette and I parked my vehicle in favor of my bicycle because of costs. That is the reality and all the stats and facts don't change that. My second job, the employer has us wash and wax his forty foot house boat every year before he goes on Easter vacation, all the while pulling time cards checking to make sure no one works over forty hours. Complaining that the three of us don't work as fast as the five of us did last year. That is reality.

So, basically, you're jealous because your boss took risks, worked hard and is reaping the benefits whereas you have taken no risk, did the job you're paid to do and no more, and you can't afford a corvette. You actually don't KNOW what hours your boss works, you know only what you see. Just like you did with me, you make assumptions based on your own petty prejudices.

That's what this thread boils down to. Petty jealousy.

Thats where you are wrong, If you want to work there are plenty of jobs. Name calling really makes you look ignorant. Has anyone ever told you that?

I'm self employed. I don't need or want a job. I earn my own money just fine. And that work includes getting up sometimes at 4am to speak to a client because some of my clients are in other countries and the time zone requires that I be available when they want me to be available. I work 18 hour days more often than not. I work 7 days a week more often than not. But it's my choice and mine alone.

If I call you names it is because you earned the name calling with your petty judgments about other people just because they work harder and have more than you do.

It took me less time to find this than it took you to type that:

Moonlighting: Strategies for Managing Working Multiple Jobs

According to the U.S. Department of Labor, about 7 to 8 million of us -- about 5+ percent of all workers -- work multiple jobs (which is often referred to as moonlighting and dual or multiple jobholding).​

If you don't like your situation, change it. Make yourself more valuable to your employers.

But don't make the mistake of thinking that anyone owes you anything.

So, basically, you're jealous because your boss took risks, worked hard and is reaping the benefits whereas you have taken no risk, did the job you're paid to do and no more, and you can't afford a corvette. You actually don't KNOW what hours your boss works, you know only what you see. Just like you did with me, you make assumptions based on your own petty prejudices.

Wish I could explain it to you, but somethings can't be said online. Some of us must eat the shit we are served for the sakes of our families.

Wish I could explain it to you, but somethings can't be said online. Some of us must eat the shit we are served for the sakes of our families.

You were the one who started this thread. And you started it as a bitch about 'bosses' more than anything else. I would respect that - if you bitched about real issues with your boss but you don't. You claim that all small business owners are lazy asses who reap the rewards of other people's work. That is simply bullshit.

It took me less time to find this than it took you to type that:

Moonlighting: Strategies for Managing Working Multiple Jobs

According to the U.S. Department of Labor, about 7 to 8 million of us -- about 5+ percent of all workers -- work multiple jobs (which is often referred to as moonlighting and dual or multiple jobholding).​

If you don't like your situation, change it. Make yourself more valuable to your employers.

But don't make the mistake of thinking that anyone owes you anything.

One day I'll have a newer computer instead of the six year old modle I have now. Oh the frustration:eek:
Thanks for finding that.

Forum List

Back