Does everyone realize....

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
Does everyone realize that not everyone can be a small business owner. There has to be owners and workers for the system to work. The balance between the two is precarious at best.

The worker has to earn enough to feel that he and his family are secure and safe with a little extra to enjoy life. A worker will work as hard as he can to achieve this goal, even if he has to work multiple jobs up to 60 hours a week. The American worker is the most productive in the world.

From a workers point of view about owners we see it like this. We know that an owner is going to make substantially more money than the worker. We know that if he isn't making money we are not making money. We are willing to do what it takes to keep the company going because if it fails we are out of a job, and up until now we have watched as our medical benefits have been cut or taken away altogether. We haven't had a raise in many years, all the while the cost of living has been raising at an alarming rate. We see ourselves and our fellow workers struggling and struggling and failing. We see the owners of these companies drinking their six dollar coffeees in the morning, we see the new corvettes they purchase, we notice their weeks long absences from the building when they take their families on vacations. We notice their absences when they are sick and can't make it in, we get no paid sick days so come to work sick anyway. We notice their work days of 5 days a week at six hours a day.

Yet they tell us how hard they have it with all of the government regulation and how we the worker are suffering because of the governement. They tell us how sorry they are that we and not them have to loose our medical benefits for our families.

This may sound like bitching and it probably is, but the business owner who is struggling has chosen to be a business owner and not a worker. Why? is it because they know how shitty the worker gets treated? Is it because they know that the worker in todays USA is loosing everything they have worked for? So the business owner has decided not to be a worker for whatever reason, yet all we hear is them whining and complaing about how the government and the workers are out to get them and destroy their businesses. Yet the top seven reasons they fail have nothing to do with the governement or the worker.

My question for the business owner is...In your opinion what does the government and the worker have to give up to you in order for you to feel that you are successful? How far above the rest of us do you need to be before you feel comfortable?

Wow...I can see you know almost nothing about owning a small business.
Nothing.

Wow, how about filling me in then? Why are you a business owner instead of a worker? I told you this is from a workers point of view. Whats your point of view? Small little comments like that won't help workers see your point. It just re-enforces the belief that you think you are above us because we just don't get it.

There is no government regulation or tax that has ever hurt my business. In fact, the only force outside of the business that can affect it is the economy.

The current economy is in its state of woe mainly because of lack of regulation in the housing market.

Any business owner that tells you that taxes hurt their business is lying.

There is no government regulation or tax that has ever hurt my business. In fact, the only force outside of the business that can affect it is the economy.

The current economy is in its state of woe mainly because of lack of regulation in the housing market.

This is what I'm talking about, I just learned something I didn't know. Thanks.

"Any business owner that tells you that taxes hurt their business is lying."

Nothing.

small business did just fine under the tax rates as they existed when clinton became president. the bush tax cuts have NOTHING to do with "small" business. business expensies are automatically deducted from income when filing taxes. you hire more people, you don't pay taxes on that money. it only taxes INCOME.

ultimately it doesn't matter. we can't afford them. business will do just fine with an extra couple of percent.

Nothing.

small business did just fine under the tax rates as they existed when clinton became president. the bush tax cuts have NOTHING to do with "small" business. business expensies are automatically deducted from income when filing taxes. you hire more people, you don't pay taxes on that money. it only taxes INCOME.

ultimately it doesn't matter. we can't afford them. business will do just fine with an extra couple of percent.

Are you a small business owner or a worker?

The Bush tax cuts did nothing to help or hinder small business. The extra couple percentage points they pay in taxes is negligable and doesn't effect the bottom line. Hmmm interesting. Thank you.

Man, the OP is embarrassingly naive.

Are you a worker or business owner?

Naive??? then contribute to the education process?

Firstly, not everyone in the country is either a small business owner or a worker. So that is bullshit. Also, you make it sound as though the small business owners don't actually work, which is also bullshit.

You're a worker - you provide a service and you get paid for it. If you are not satisfied with the pay, find another job that pays you more money.

You also fail to recognize that the business owner faces far more responsibility than you do. That owner is responsible for the overall success or failure of their company. And it is their business - they own it, they invest their money, time, expertise and take on the risk. You risk nothing, you invest nothing.

I'm neither a small business owner nor a worker. I am self employed. I work for myself - no one else.

Taxes don't hurt businesses? Really?

But this week's threat by Terrence Duffy, executive chairman of CME Group Inc., to move at least some exchange jobs out of state, is part of a rebellion that has been brewing since the state temporarily raised its corporate income tax in January. The city's third major exchange also signaled Thursday that it may consider moving out of the state.

--

CME Group, at its annual meeting Wednesday, estimated the tax hike will cost it about $50 million a year.​

Firstly, not everyone in the country is either a small business owner or a worker. So that is bullshit. Also, you make it sound as though the small business owners don't actually work, which is also bullshit.

You're a worker - you provide a service and you get paid for it. If you are not satisfied with the pay, find another job that pays you more money.

You also fail to recognize that the business owner faces far more responsibility than you do. That owner is responsible for the overall success or failure of their company. And it is their business - they own it, they invest their money, time, expertise and take on the risk. You risk nothing, you invest nothing.

I'm neither a small business owner nor a worker. I am self employed. I work for myself - no one else.
Small business owners also work harder than their employers, working an average of 52 hours a week, 5 1/2 days a week.

This is what I'm talking about, I just learned something I didn't know. Thanks.

"Any business owner that tells you that taxes hurt their business is lying."

:lol: I see the trolls are out in force today. :lol:

Thanks for the laughs!

Everyone can just play the stock market to make a living.
Why should we have to produce anything?

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Ohh about halfway.

Many seem to think that the market is our economy.

Other than IPO's and such the stiock market is like trading baseball cards.
With the exception of some dividends.
While a great deal of money exchanges hands in the market, it's really only an indicator of the health of the economy. If the business who produce good and services are doing well, the market does well.

Nothing.

Wow, how about filling me in then? Why are you a business owner instead of a worker? I told you this is from a workers point of view. Whats your point of view? Small little comments like that won't help workers see your point. It just re-enforces the belief that you think you are above us because we just don't get it.

I have a feeling that you will never see the "other side" - because you obviously have a "us vs. them" mentality.

But maybe I like to waste my time so I will try anyhow...

It is basic human psychology.
Everything you do, from picking your nose to picking out a spouse to deciding whether you want lemonade or tea - EVERYTHING you do is a balance between two things - hopes of gaining a positive incentive or avoiding a negative incentive. If there is one sentence that could explain why people do - what they do - it is simply weighing the two and coming to a decision.

So - between being a worker or an owner this basic human rule applies perfectly.
OWNING A BUSINESS....or WORKER.
(I) = incentive..(D) = disincentive.

(I) - being your own boss - (D) far greater responsibility
(I) - higher wages - (D) much longer hours
(I) - satisfaction of owning something - (D) Risk of owning something
(I) - higher income - (D) High personal risk
(I) nicer home etc. - (D) very little free time, spending late hours in home office and weekends at the office.
(I) vacations in nicer places - (D) working while you are on vacations.

The list goes on and on.
being an owner or a worker comes down to who accepts the high personal risk, long hours and in many cases extraordinary long hours - to achieve something that you yourself accomplished.

"You're a worker - you provide a service and you get paid for it. If you are not satisfied with the pay, find another job that pays you more money"

Does that go both ways? When small business owners complain about taxes or regulation just tell them that if they don't like go work for someone else? Is this the reply that that can be given to business owners for all their sacrifices?

"You also fail to recognize that the business owner faces far more responsibility than you do. That owner is responsible for the overall success or failure of their company. And it is their business - they own it, they invest their money, time, expertise and take on the risk. You risk nothing, you invest nothing."

Again that was their choice not ours, quit bitching.

Self employed eqauates out to small business with one employee...you.

Nothing.

The only proper response to your post is to call the Waaaahhhhhhmmmmbulance.

Forum List

Back