Does education mitigate untrustworthy "emotions"?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Many, many polls clearly show that Trump support is mostly from non-college educated, white, blue-collar Americans.

Besides rhetoric such as "..trust me, I'm the only one who can bring your jobs back".....and, "I will build a beautiful wall and hire thousands of unemployed Americans", Trump has offered very little specifics as to what his job growth policies would be. ....So, one would conclude, non-college educated, blue collar workers are backing trump more on "emotion" than cognitive reasoning.

Bottom line then, is this: Does higher education curtail our emotional backing of Trump's rhetoric? Or should we conclude that indeed the best personal compass of who to cast one's vote for may ultimately be our emotions?

• Banned
Doubtful as liberals use the education system to tout their point of view.

What???? Your "conclusion' is that ...liberals use the education system to tout their point of view.....and you see THAT as something bad?

Liberals use the education system to indoctrinate the youth.

Ergo, IGNORANCE and lack of education are the hallmarks of non-liberals?

Our non liberal children attend private schools where they are educated properly...and consistently blow away liberal educated public school children in debates, test scores and well just about everything. It's easy to deduce you're a product of public education...dumber than a stump spewing the leftist swill

Many, many polls clearly show that Trump support is mostly from non-college educated, white, blue-collar Americans.

Besides rhetoric such as "..trust me, I'm the only one who can bring your jobs back".....and, "I will build a beautiful wall and hire thousands of unemployed Americans", Trump has offered very little specifics as to what his job growth policies would be. ....So, one would conclude, non-college educated, blue collar workers are backing trump more on "emotion" than cognitive reasoning.

Bottom line then, is this: Does higher education curtail our emotional backing of Trump's rhetoric? Or should we conclude that indeed the best personal compass of who to cast one's vote for may ultimately be our emotions?

In theory, whatever critical thinking skills that were not developed in high school would be developed at the university. Given the DNC and beautiful meaningless words issued by the Democrats...........this does not appear to be true.
Your propaganda is just as transparent as the other guy's. Have fun drowning in it.

• Banned
Your propaganda is just as transparent as the other guy's. Have fun drowning in it.

Actually, there's a lot of "I hate Hillary" bile going around among uneducated right wingers, and that bile may also "drown" many of the ultra rightists.

Actually, there's a lot of "I hate Hillary" bile going around among uneducated right wingers, and that bile may also "drown" many of the ultra rightists.

Better look around, there is a lot of "I hate Hillary" in the dem ranks also, Sander's supporters are livid....with good reason

Takes me back to the quote, "It's the economy stupid". Industrial jobs that do not require college education have been hit hard by trade agreements. Jobs that went from the unionized North to non-unionized South up through the 1980's have now headed to Mexico and China. Trump is selling notion that he can reverse this and restore American manufacturing. As a college educated non-blue collar worker this is desirable from the angle of our national defense.

Take note: the Democrats are right wingers given their prior, current and future neoliberal policies. After perusing your threads, it appears you are quite emotional yourself. Uneducated?

You had ample time to address issues and chose not to.

Doubtful as liberals use the education system to tout their point of view.

What???? Your "conclusion' is that ...liberals use the education system to tout their point of view.....and you see THAT as something bad?
Considering you're backing a criminal with no qualifications or prior accomplishments for the job she's applying for, who either through carelessness, stupidity, intention, or incompetence broke nine+ laws and got several Americans killed, and seem to lack self awareness for this fact, yes, it's looking like a bad thing.

Better look around, there is a lot of "I hate Hillary" in the dem ranks also, Sander's supporters are livid....with good reason

More "wishful thinking" than fact.....But, hey, cling to whatever fantasy you have to....

Considering you're backing a criminal with no qualifications or prior accomplishments for the job she's applying for, who either through carelessness, stupidity, intention, or incompetence broke nine+ laws and got several Americans killed, and seem to lack self awareness for this fact, yes, it's looking like a bad thing.

...and FOX news will be back after these commercials.

So does that mean you as a far left drone will now be voting for Trump?

Forum List

Back