Does eating organic make you a jerk?

The "organic" label has taken on a life of its own, hasn't it? Some people believe that organic farming is actually detrimental to the environment because it requires more land with less crop results. And even organic materials can break down to harmful substances. Organic isn't necessarily low in salt or sugars either.
Say hello to Rush, Coulter and Hannutsy for me.:cuckoo:
I'll challenge anyone one earth, per square meter, of "table veggies" or fruits.
Yeah. That doesn't mean wheat , soybean, rye or some other empirical BS. I'm talking FOOD.
Honestly, I use a product on pineapple that says " organic" but I can't be 100%. I am sure it's far better than what your masters slop you with.

Wow, the organic tough-guy fop. A new twist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jq4DGEn9Is]Organic Foods Part 1/2 - Season 7 Episode 6 - Penn and Teller Bullshit - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZckAfFTYE]Organic Foods Part 2/2 - Season 7 Episode 6 - Penn and Teller Bullshit - YouTube[/ame]

i had this couple come up at the farmers market and demand organic eggs.....another ask for unfiltered honey.....i told them unfiltered honey would have dead bee parts in it.. they didnt understand they simply wanted raw honey....it takes 3 years and thousands of dollars to become certified organic....in nc

I used to plan parties and weekend seminars for this club, and one of their board members was "strictly organic", and pretty much a vegan. So the caterer and I would have to shop for the food for everyone else and prepare it, and THEN prepare an entire separate menu just for this broad, with completely separate pots and pans to make sure that her stuff didn't accidentally come in contact with any of the "tainted" food. :hmpf:

So yeah, I'd say it goes hand-in-hand with jerkdom.

I read that article too. I'll never forget my bitchy ex-sister in law telling my father that she would never "poison" her children with fast food after he offered to take the grandchildren to Wendy's. He was angry and hurt that she would suggest that he wanted to "poison" them. We had a group of about a dozen people, half under 10, and going to a fancy restaurant for a quick lunch was not an option. We all went home instead.

Anywho. I read this opinion piece about the NYC soda ban this morning, and it certainly explains a lot.

A culture that redefines food choices as moral issues will demonize the people who don’t share the tastes of the priest class. A culture that elevates eating to some holistic act of ethical self-definition - localvore, low-carbon-impact food, fair trade, artisanal cheese - will find the casual carefree choices of the less-enlightened as an affront to their belief system. Leave it to Americans to invent a Puritan strain of Epicurianism.

Business Insider on the rah-rahs:

“The panel on Morning Joe today was surprisingly positive about Mayor Bloomberg's effort to ban large sugary drinks at food carts, stadiums, move theaters, etc.

Host Mika Brzezinski referred to the drinks as "poison" for their sugar content and applauded the mayor.

Poison.

LILEKS (James) :: The Bleat

Not only is all of this true, but these elitist food Nazi snobs hate poor people, who sure the hell can't afford "organic" foods. What they lose sight of in their purist zealotry is that all the "food evils" they despise were invented to facilitate making the same foods available to the poor that rich people already had. They make these foods easier and cheaper to produce, ship, and store, which makes the prices lower.

But fuck, who cares about a few peons who starve to death or suffer from malnutrition, as long as THEY have what they consider the perfect food for the temples of holiness that are their bodies?

See, I read that as "Eating organic removes the drug like effect of the FDA Approved chemical food that turns you into a social zombie".

Since my wife and I have started eating the Primal Food Pyramid (Google that) we've lost weight, have more energy and sleep better. We spend less on food because we eat less of it and as a result, we produce 50-75% less garbage.

People come up to me at work and ask me how I lost the weight (40 lbs). If explaining to them what actually works makes me a "jerk" well so be it.

In five months I lost 40 lbs with no exercise. In one year my Cholesterol dropped 27 points and my and Triglycerides went from 461 to 102. Even my Doctor asked me how I did it. Hint: Doctors receive NO INSTRUCTION in Nutrition.

Mega doses of vitamin supplementation helps too.

I am curious what does your diet consist of usually?
Fruits, Vegetables, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Fish.
Nuts like Cashews, Almonds, Macadamia, Walnuts. NO PEANUTS!
No Dairy except for Heavy Whipping Cream for my Coffee.
No Wheat, Pasta, Grain, Bread, Corn, Rice.
No soda, no artificial sweetners. No fried food, no pre-packaged baked goods either.

Basically if it wasn't alive at one time, I don't eat it. As a result:

Hunger pangs = Gone!
Gas = 90% Gone!
Tinnitus reduced, Vision improved.

I eat at least 3 eggs a day with sausage and/or bacon and some kind of fruit for breakfast (No OJ!). Then lunch and dinner consist of some sort of meat and vegetable. Plenty of water and coffee all day.

No calorie counting, no portion control.

Out of curiosity, genius, what food do other people eat that was NOT alive at one time?

The "organic" label has taken on a life of its own, hasn't it? Some people believe that organic farming is actually detrimental to the environment because it requires more land with less crop results. And even organic materials can break down to harmful substances. Organic isn't necessarily low in salt or sugars either.

Well, after all, sugar cane IS a plant. So are beets, from which beet sugar is made.

As for "organic", let's remember that nightshade is a plant, and can be grown "100% organic" if one wishes. It'll still kill you, though.

Organic food is grown using natural methods and won't have artificial sweeteners, growth hormones, pesticides, GMOs and toxic preservatives lurk in many of our foods. Eating organic vegetables, grass fed beef, free range chicken, etc, will minimize your exposure to toxins and "Frankenfood". You can eat what you want, but people should at least be aware of what is in their food.

aa-Dees-Frankenfood.jpg

I heard that women love jerks.

SO I am going to start eating organic!! That is right, ladies!! I am going to start picking you up with insults instead of semi-humorous lines!!

Forum List

Back