does cosmic imperfection prove god doesnt exist?

I hold an affirmative position on the man-made religions - Ive been presented with enough information to determine a belief - that they're bullshit.

Thats able to be done empirically - claim A is true or false. Claim B is vacuous, claim C contradicts claim E. etc...etc.

But on the proposition that there is or is not a deity - I'm not convinced by any argument thats been presented for the affirmative or the negative...so Im left with a disposition - I believe neither, at this time.

What does that mean, well - categorically, belief in a deity ranks the same as any other unestablished claim like a unicorn, the boogy man or Freddy Kruger.

The elements we are made of exist because of cosmic imperfection. Such as a star exploding creating carbon. In fact, most elements on earth were created from star explosions.
If the cosmos was perfect, would any of this (reality) even exist?
I bring this up because according to theologians, their god is perfect. Which, obviously, gets contradicted by what i posted above.
Is their god really not perfect? Was his story really just made up by desert savages who had to explain things they didnt understand? Or is science wrong?

I'm a little curious as to why you assume star explosions are "imperfections in the cosmos".

The elements we are made of exist because of cosmic imperfection. Such as a star exploding creating carbon. In fact, most elements on earth were created from star explosions.
I bring this up because according to theologians, their god is perfect. Which, obviously, gets contradicted by what i posted above.
Is their god really not perfect? Was his story really just made up by desert savages who had to explain things they didnt understand? Or is science wrong?
" The elements we are made of exist because of cosmic imperfection."

I generally like your comments. You are on level. But that is one big assumption. Is that a quote from Hawking or did you come up with that?
It was observed from like 100000 stars. Spectroscopy, i believe was the technique.
The universe being imperfect came from Hawking though.

Hawking was a human being, and just as capable of projection as any other human being.

I generally like your comments. You are on level. But that is one big assumption. Is that a quote from Hawking or did you come up with that?
It was observed from like 100000 stars. Spectroscopy, i believe was the technique.
the only thing observable from a star is its color and nothing else
The only thing observable about your god is an ancient book put together by a select group of individuals that was written by ignorant desert savages that wiped their ass with their hands and fucked their relatives

No, that's all YOU can observe, possibly because it's the only thing you're TRYING to observe.

One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesnt exist.. without imperfection, neither you nor i would exist.
The universe would have expanded in a smooth way from a single point. Etc etc
-Hawking

Sounds to me like he said, "This is my perception, and I am making assumptions about the universe based on it."

The truth is that perfection as defined by humans does not exist.

I'm a little curious as to why you assume star explosions are "imperfections in the cosmos".
It collapsing on itself doesnt seem like perfection.

The only thing observable about your god is an ancient book put together by a select group of individuals that was written by ignorant desert savages that wiped their ass with their hands and fucked their relatives

No, that's all YOU can observe, possibly because it's the only thing you're TRYING to observe.
It is what it is, my dear.

Carbon is a natural byproduct of Hydrogen fusion all the way up to Iron and for elements heaver than Iron you need a star explosion. The astro-physics community seems strangely unaware of Sirius A which is a blue giant only 8 light years away and will Super Nova destroying all life on Earth in only a few million years. edit: Sirius A is the brightest star in the sky.

Last edited:
Or it could be that God is seeking certain outcomes under certain conditions.

So he'll only eliminate suffering when it suits him? Then he's not omnibenevolent.

There’s not much virtue in being forced to be virtuous.

So he can't achieve virtuous humans without forcing them? Then he's not omnipotent.

Yeah, I think you missed the point on that last one. Pretty sure ding was saying He wants us to choose to be virtuous, not that we won't be virtuous without being forced. The actual point of this entire exercise (human history) is to "achieve virtuous humans without force".

Carbon is a natural byproduct of Hydrogen fusion all the way up to Iron and for elements heaver than Iron you need a star explosion. The astro-physics community seems unaware of Sirius A which is a blue giant only 8 light years away and will Super Nova destroying all life on Earth in only a few million years.
:lol:

Oh gosh...this site is a catch-all for conspiracy theorists

As defined by you. But where is it written that your perception that "perfection equals existing forever" is correct?

Yup, and what it is is you mistaking your hostile bias as factual and meaningful.

Sirius A which is a blue giant only 8 light years away and will Super Nova destroying all life on Earth in only a few million years.
No it won't. Sirius A and Sirius B together don't have enough mass to generate a supernova.

And yes, the cosmological community -- which taught us all everything we know about stars -- is quite aware of this. Since, you know, they discovered it.

So he'll only eliminate suffering when it suits him? Then he's not omnibenevolent.

So he can't achieve virtuous humans without forcing them? Then he's not omnipotent.

Yeah, I think you missed the point on that last one. Pretty sure ding was saying He wants us to choose to be virtuous, not that we won't be virtuous without being forced. The actual point of this entire exercise (human history) is to "achieve virtuous humans without force".

Actually, you missed the point. If god is omnipotent then he would be 100% capable of making humans choose to be virtuous, all without violating our free will. Ding is attempting to explain away the tri-omni problem, but all he's doing is affirming it.

Actually, you missed the point. If god is omnipotent then he would be 100% capable of making humans choose to be virtuous, all without violating our free will. Ding is attempting to explain away the tri-omni problem, but all he's doing is affirming it.
And the irony here is that free will is an illusion anyway. We make our choices before we are aware that we have made them.

As defined by you. But where is it written that your perception that "perfection equals existing forever" is correct?
Collapse on yourself and call it perfection :eusa_drool:

Yup, and what it is is you mistaking your hostile bias as factual and meaningful.
So what was i wrong about?
I just worded it in a way that offended you. Thats what i always do :dunno:
Or maybe its just offensive to you in general? Even though thats what happened?
Denial should be the 11th commandment.

I hold an affirmative position on the man-made religions - Ive been presented with enough information to determine a belief - that they're bullshit.

Thats able to be done empirically - claim A is true or false. Claim B is vacuous, claim C contradicts claim E. etc...etc.

But on the proposition that there is or is not a deity - I'm not convinced by any argument thats been presented for the affirmative or the negative...so Im left with a disposition - I believe neither, at this time.

What does that mean, well - categorically, belief in a deity ranks the same as any other unestablished claim like a unicorn, the boogy man or Freddy Kruger.
Actually the claim for unicorns, the boogy man and Freddy Kruger do not rank the same as the claim of a creator. To assert they do is ridiculous.

I addressed this on page 3 and you had no response.

The best example I can think of for power is accomplishing one’s objective without the use of force. In fact, if God met his objective through the sheer power of force, rather than being a sign of strength it would be a sign of weakness.

"Cosmic Imperfection" ???? :cuckoo:

LOL and more LOL

what else can one say

Forum List

Back