does "cola" cauze harm ?

Contrary to belief that Coke in india has pestiscide..Its just a stupid rumour.

Thousands of lab tests have shown not even a single trace of any bad substance in Coke. It was a rumour by some Hindu fundamentalist against a Bollwood actor who endorses coke. The actor had compared mother's milk to coke!!! what a nut!!:bj2:

Anyways , I don't know how can you drink 18 cokes in a go???? The carbon dioxide WILL accumulate in your lungs. Its been mediacally proven

AKSHAY
My dear Akshay, I believe you're getting things confused. There is pesticide in the Coke in India. It was all over the news and led to the product to be banned in some states in India. And it hasn't been medically proven regarding the carbon dioxide.

i know this might seems to be off the subject if the subject of that fourm
is health and lifestyle ....> about gays

but does pepsi or cocacola harmful ?
i heard that its not healthy and cauze damdge for bones or make it weaker..
beside it cauze fatness

so is this true ?

JS, from reading many of your posts and your avatar, it looks like you might be obsessed with fat. Are you a chub chaser? :eek:

It merely rots your teeth; not your soul as Islam does.:dev1:

Actually, it poses less of a danger to your teeth than other foods. Nothing is in your mouth long enough to cause any real damage. As far as dental hygeine, potato chips are probably the most dangerous junk food.

As for caffeine headaches, I can testify as to the problems from going from a heavy user to cold turkey. By day three, I had a migraine level headache and puked every time I moved. I had to call in sick to work because I couldn't even stand up straight.

My dear Akshay, I believe you're getting things confused. There is pesticide in the Coke in India. It was all over the news and led to the product to be banned in some states in India. And it hasn't been medically proven regarding the carbon dioxide

Yes , Coke was banned in some states ... But none of the State Governments COULD PROVE that there was ANY trace of pestiscide!!!

And , yes IT has been medically proven. Please do see the ingredients in Coke. There was even even a huge debate in India on which soft drink has more CO2 :Coke or Pepsi ???

akShAY

Actually, it poses less of a danger to your teeth than other foods. Nothing is in your mouth long enough to cause any real damage. As far as dental hygeine, potato chips are probably the most dangerous junk food.

You are probably right. To me the biggest problem with it is the corn based sweeteners, which seem to have had a huge impact on waistlines since they were introduced (pun intended). As I got older and my metabolism began to slow down, I noticed that switching to diet soda helped me keep my weight in check- at least for another 5 years or so.

My dear Akshay, I believe you're getting things confused. There is pesticide in the Coke in India. It was all over the news and led to the product to be banned in some states in India. And it hasn't been medically proven regarding the carbon dioxide

Yes , Coke was banned in some states ... But none of the State Governments COULD PROVE that there was ANY trace of pestiscide!!!

And , yes IT has been medically proven. Please do see the ingredients in Coke. There was even even a huge debate in India on which soft drink has more CO2 :Coke or Pepsi ???

akShAY
Could you explain how the CO2 in the coke gets from your mouth, throat, stomach, or little intestines into your lungs?

akShAY
Last I read, they found out about it through doing research on the companies there as well as the products. Care to provide me evidence stating the contrary?

No it hasn't. There's no evidence that the CO2 builds up in one's lungs or kills you. If CO2 was able to collect in your lungs and kill you, we'd ALL be dead by now because there is CO2 in the earth's atmosphere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide

Pesticide use
In 2003, the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a non-governmental organisation in New Delhi, said aerated waters produced by soft drinks manufacturers in India, including multinational giants Pepsico and Coca-Cola, contained toxins including lindane, DDT, malathion and chlorpyrifos — pesticides that can contribute to cancer and a breakdown of the immune system. Tested products included Coke, Pepsi, and several other soft drinks (Seven Up, Mirinda, Fanta, Thums Up, Limca, Sprite), many produced by The Coca-Cola Company.

CSE found that the Indian produced Pepsi's soft drink products had 36 times the level of pesticide residues permitted under European Union regulations; Coca Cola's 30 times. CSE said it had tested the same products in the US and found no such residues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Coca-Cola#Pesticide_use

Again, it's rather only found in India, not the States.

Diet Coke can wildly fuck you up...I am surprised it has not been mentioned here.

Studies of aspartame (artificial sweetner in diet soda) show an increase in the likelihood of health problems such as seizures, lymphoma, and malignant brain tumors.

http://www.feingold.org/research-pg.html
I've been drinking diet coke for years and I'm fine. I'll probably continue to be fine. That's not to say I'm doubting any of this because there is evidence for it, but I just don't really care. It's kinda like some cig smokers.

I've been drinking diet coke for years and I'm fine. I'll probably continue to be fine. That's not to say I'm doubting any of this because there is evidence for it, but I just don't really care. It's kinda like some cig smokers.

I've been drinking it for about 3 or 4 years now. I am starting to cut back. I find that diet coke is more addicting than regular.

I've been drinking it for about 3 or 4 years now. I am starting to cut back. I find that diet coke is more addicting than regular.
Really? I don't find Coke or any cola for that matter to be addicting. I just don't have an addictive personality or something (I can drink a lot of alcohol and I have no addiction to it too).

As posted by Kagom that we would all be dead as C02 is there in earth's atmosphere...What about plants???They give out O2 and take in CO2..Didnt you learn that in 2nd grade ????

I did check on the links provided and I found out that there was pestiscide in Indian soft drinks.Thanks..and sorry!!!

But IT is true about the consumption of Coke.You drink that many bottles of Coke the C02 presence in the body increases outweighing the 02 presence and due to lack of 02 your lungs fail and the next thing you find is that your playing the harp with the angels!!!!

As posted by Kagom that we would all be dead as C02 is there in earth's atmosphere...What about plants???They give out O2 and take in CO2..Didnt you learn that in 2nd grade ????

I did check on the links provided and I found out that there was pestiscide in Indian soft drinks.Thanks..and sorry!!!

But IT is true about the consumption of Coke.You drink that many bottles of Coke the C02 presence in the body increases outweighing the 02 presence and due to lack of 02 your lungs fail and the next thing you find is that your playing the harp with the angels!!!!
Says who? Show some proof! Your opinion isn't cutting it.

What proof should I show you??
I told you its a bloody fact. I read in a newspaper some time back.
Why don't you check for it in the net?

If ya think I am kidding suit yourself!!! I bet you didn't even know that CO2 is present in Coke/Pepsi! How can your lungs take in enough oxygen if you gulp 18 bottles of Pepsi containing three times more CO2 then O2????

Akshay

What proof should I show you??
I told you its a bloody fact. I read in a newspaper some time back.
Why don't you check for it in the net?

If ya think I am kidding suit yourself!!! I bet you didn't even know that CO2 is present in Coke/Pepsi! How can your lungs take in enough oxygen if you gulp 18 bottles of Pepsi containing three times more CO2 then O2????

Akshay
Akshay, numerous people have provided you proof in this thread that your CO2 claim is bogus. It's up to you to read the links.

I'm sorry that you've fallen for an internet urban legend.

Forum List

Back