Does China (the PRC) have an Enviromental protection Agency (EPA) . . . does India?

jckryan

So, this is purgatory?
Jan 18, 2011
Los Angeles, Ca
Does China or India have an EPA or any goverment agency that holds their companies accountable for the pollutants their factories emit? Do they have any enviromental laws? Any emmision standards that have to be followed by their car/truck manufacturers?

We are talking two billion people.

The main reason why I ask is because: In the last half of the 20th Century, most of these countries relied on the bicycle as their main mode of transprotation . . . that is A LOT of bicycles. Now that their economies are thriving, more of their populations are generating more income. Even the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) is spreading the wealth by throwing a few bones out here and there to their comrades. This would translate to hundreds of thousands of new vehicles being put on the road in the last five years. I'm sure some of you have seen/heard about the traffic congestion at a few of their highways that have stretched for miles and lasted for DAYS.

Point: Earth day, "Going Green", recycling, etc.. until we know that the PRC and India is actually taking preventative measures to control emmisions . . . what is the point?

Last edited:
Not hundreds of thousands, millions of autos.

And if you love the air quality of Bejing, you will love the abscence of an EPA. We should levy an excise tax on everything coming from China in relationship to their environmental and labor laws.

Does China or India have an EPA or any goverment agency that holds their companies accountable for the pollutants their factories emit? Do they have any enviromental laws? Any emmision standards that have to be followed by their car/truck manufacturers?

The main reason why I ask is because: In the last half of the 20th Century, most of these countries relied on the bicycle as their main mode of transprotation . . . that is A LOT of bicycles. Now that their economies are thriving, more of their populations are generating more income. Even the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) is spreading the wealth by throwing a few bones out here and there to their comrades. This would translate to hundreds of thousands of new vehicles being put on the road in the last five years. I'm sure some of you have seen/heard about the traffic congestion at a few of their highways that have stretched for miles and lasted for DAYS.

Point: Earth day, "Going Green", recycling, etc.. until we know that the PRC and India is actually taking preventative measures to control emmisions . . . what is the point?

Sure they do. It's called the "Communist Government".

And they have managed to accomplished so much.

20% of all birth defects are now in China. With their skyrocketing rate, they may even be #1.

Pollution-in-China-002.jpg

Their pollution controls have led to "free fish" for many Chinese, yum:

chinapollution01.jpg

Some things are still done the "old fashioned way":

lu-guang-pollution-in-china-07.jpg

I love China's version of the "Red River Valley":

xin_5810032317300201193113.jpg

They love Michael Jackson in China. What a tribute:

1632249485_22f7ecb63f.jpg

PD8893070@In-this-photo-release-5215.jpg

Republicans complain constantly about the EPA in this country calling it a "job killer". Is the plan to "Be like China"?

Not hundreds of thousands, millions of autos.

And if you love the air quality of Bejing, you will love the abscence of an EPA. We should levy an excise tax on everything coming from China in relationship to their environmental and labor laws.

Thanks for verifying that for me. So basically, if those countries don't take immediate and drastic actions. Our actions regarding the enviroment are pointless? Are we *#%?!ed?

China does not need the EPA tio protect the industrialists.
Someone messes up too bad they just execute them.
Can't hide behind a corporation over there, they take personal responsibility seriously.

20% of all birth defects are now in China. With their skyrocketing rate, they may even be #1.

chinapollution01.jpg

Republicans complain constantly about the EPA in this country calling it a "job killer". Is the plan to "Be like China"?

Nice pics. I remember when they were getting ready for the Beijing Olyimpics . . . I think it was the kayaking portion which started on Opening day . . . and I think the Yelllow(?) River was full of this bright green flourescent sludge/foam? The locals and goverment were trying to scoop it out with boats and with buckets?
Tell me that pic of the kid was photoshopped.

chinapollution01.jpg

Nice pics. I remember when they were getting ready for the Beijing Olyimpics . . . I think it was the kayaking portion which started on Opening day . . . and I think the Yelllow(?) River was full of this bright green flourescent sludge/foam? The locals and goverment were trying to scoop it out with boats and with buckets?
Tell me that pic of the kid was photoshopped.

I wish I could. That was no joke about China's skyrocketing rate of birth defects.
It's difficult posting one of those pics because they are so terribly sad.

Get rid of the EPA? Every time I think the right has lost their minds, they reach a new level. What has happened to that political Party? They have been completely taken over by "stark raving mad". And the worst part is they sit in front of the Internet. They could do a search on "everything" and gain some knowledge, but for some unknown reason, refuse to. I don't get it.

birth defects in china - Google Search

Forum List

Back