Does character matter?

Does character matter

• Total voters
Of course not!!

A person that appears to be a good guy can screw us just as hard as the "bad guy". What is needed is incentive to do what we want regardless of character.

These are the basic leaders we need:
A devil during war, A banker during recessions and a skeptic during peace.

Hi. You lose.

Granted I was 16 during the 1996 elections but I never gave Clinton a pass. I think he deserved to get pounded for the Lewinsky scandal.

Barack Obama was the first Dem vote I've ever cast for POTUS.

How many righties were frothing at the mouth over Clinton back in the day are giving Newt a pass now?

That shit plays both ways, yo.

My first thought is, yeah, I was all for impeaching Clinton at the time- because he broke the law, not because he cheated on his wife. Of course, most men in his position resign their offices when caught doing that- Sanford, Weiner, just to name a couple recent examples.

I'm giving Newt a pass because 1) He says that he's found religion and redemption in his life, and has reconciled with his children. 2) I kind of doubt aspects of her current claims. Where were these claims 12 years ago when she was under oath in a court of law?

I put the thing in perspective. His second wife really doesn't have an excuse. She lured him away from his marriage, she shouldn't be surprised when another woman did the same. She got a generous divorce settlement.

What a pantload.

Ok, let me assume you have a high moral standard in your elected officals.

You won't vote for newt, probably not Mittens and if I recall, you think Paul is insane.

based on that, you have no one to vote for.

Obama supported and signed a law that is probably unconstitutional.
Humiliated the country with his bs apology tour
executed a citizen w/o a trial
and stopped the XL pipeline which would have actually created jobs and not just the "saved jobs" lie he had to come up with to cover his ass.

Or are you just bullshitting me about those standards?

I'm getting a kick out of someone who no doubt didn't give Clinton a pass back in the day who now saying character doesn't matter because of that whole ordeal.....cuz of what da libruls did.

Thanks

you will be voting for obama, b/c that line of shit about moral standards that you have was an out and out lie.

oh and a little fyi, since you were a child; Clinton broke the law. Not that that matters to you.

Ok, let me assume you have a high moral standard in your elected officals.

You won't vote for newt, probably not Mittens and if I recall, you think Paul is insane.

based on that, you have no one to vote for.

Obama supported and signed a law that is probably unconstitutional.
Humiliated the country with his bs apology tour
executed a citizen w/o a trial
and stopped the XL pipeline which would have actually created jobs and not just the "saved jobs" lie he had to come up with to cover his ass.

Or are you just bullshitting me about those standards?

I'm getting a kick out of someone who no doubt didn't give Clinton a pass back in the day who now saying character doesn't matter because of that whole ordeal.....cuz of what da libruls did.

Thanks

you will be voting for obama, b/c that line of shit about moral standards that you have was an out and out lie.

oh and a little fyi, since you were a child; Clinton broke the law. Not that that matters to you.

Anytime.

And actually, it all matters to me and I've haven't said otherwise. That's you making shit up. I was 16 and more than old enough to know that cheating is wrong and lying about it makes it worse. You, however, essentially just said that you cared then but because of da libruls and Clinton you don't care now.

Nice justification, dude. :thup:

But anyway......

The primary reason why I am supporting and voting for Obama is to prevent the GOP from controlling the House, Senate, and White House.

Both parties have had a controlled gov't within the last ten years. Based on what I saw during that time, I don't want to see that ever again.

I'll take gridlock all day after those disasters.

In an elected official, especially for President.

Yes, it does...

WHich is why I won't vote for Romney. He's a congenital scumbag.

Since you are the immoral scumbag pseudo-libertarian vetting the immoral pseudo-worthy scambag for office.

You are a piece of work, JoeB.

I just have a different view of morality.

I think putting hundreds working folks out of good paying jobs because you want to have more polo ponies is pretty damned immoral. A lot worse than cheating on a wife who obviously isn't holding up her end of the marriage.

And it appears most Republicans see it that way, too.

Does character matter '

"Yes, the characterof their POLICIES, not their supposed personal character, so easily faked, unless they are crimes or misdemeanors, PROVEN in court. The Clinton thing was a political sham that hurt the country- the usual Pubcrappe...

Thanks

Anytime.

And actually, it all matters to me and I've haven't said otherwise. That's you making shit up. I was 16 and more than old enough to know that cheating is wrong and lying about it makes it worse. You, however, essentially just said that you cared then but because of da libruls and Clinton you don't care now.

Nice justification, dude. :thup:

But anyway......

The primary reason why I am supporting and voting for Obama is to prevent the GOP from controlling the House, Senate, and White House.

Both parties have had a controlled gov't within the last ten years. Based on what I saw during that time, I don't want to see that ever again.

I'll take gridlock all day after those disasters.

Sweet jebus!!

Me Two!

Yes, it does...

WHich is why I won't vote for Romney. He's a congenital scumbag.

Since you are the immoral scumbag pseudo-libertarian vetting the immoral pseudo-worthy scambag for office.

You are a piece of work, JoeB.

I just have a different view of morality.

I think putting hundreds working folks out of good paying jobs because you want to have more polo ponies is pretty damned immoral. A lot worse than cheating on a wife who obviously isn't holding up her end of the marriage.

And it appears most Republicans see it that way, too.
"cheating on a wife who obviously isn't holding up their end of the marriage?"

So now, it is Newt's wife's FAULT for him being a cheater?

Seriously Joe?

What made you come to that conclusion?

Newt is responsible for Newt's faults, not his wife, not JoeB, not the mailman.

Being responsible is called being accountable.

Yes, JoeB has a different take on morality, he has none.

Newt's problems with making choices of a life partner is a common one in this nation. By the choice of his second wife to decide to come out make claims that he wanted an "open marriage " is only an accusation not backed up by anyone.

This is old news and hardly a deal breaker when you look at his resume of accomplishments in his history of solutions and working across the aisle. Look at his ideas for this country and getting us back on track. We have seen the present president and suffered through his ideas and look where we are three years later. I'll take Gingrich.

Newt's problems with making choices of a life partner is a common one in this nation. By the choice of his second wife to decide to come out make claims that he wanted an "open marriage " is only an accusation not backed up by anyone.

This is old news and . . . .

the only "old news" is your tired defense. Newt is accountable for lack of character.

BS. He made mistakes and he moved ahead, as does everybody.

No one knows the heart or another's state of "morality", but, imo, his behavior since the major issues has not given any reasonable thinking individual cause to believe him.

To me, he is as flawed, if not more, than Clinton.

Libs and cons cannot not have their cake and eat it too. Bill should not have been considered for office, and neither should Newt.

"cheating on a wife who obviously isn't holding up their end of the marriage?"

So now, it is Newt's wife's FAULT for him being a cheater?

Seriously Joe?

What made you come to that conclusion?

I remember there were a lot of stories in the 1990's about what a piece of work Mrs. Gingrich #2 was, especially in dealing with the ethics committee.

That she had her own business interests and they were getting Newt into some hot water, as well.

And honestly, it's just hard to feel sorry for her. First, because she comes off as nasty and bitter. It was 12 years ago. Get over it.

Second, because she did the exact same thing to someone else that was done to her. That's almost Karmic.

Newt is responsible for Newt's faults, not his wife, not JoeB, not the mailman.

Being responsible is called being accountable.

Yes, JoeB has a different take on morality, he has none.

No, my morality is simple.

Greed is wrong. If you are screwing people over to make yourself richer, you are a venal person, but you become more venal if you are born rich and simply don't even need the money. It's like grabbing a cheezeburger out of a poor person hands after you just had a large steak dinner. It's just fuckin' malicious.

Newt had a marriage that he put 18 years into, but didn't work out. Given most American marriages fail after 5 years, that's actually kind of impressive.

And major difference. Newt is sorry for what he did. Mitt is proud of what he did.

Forum List

Back