Does character matter?

Does character matter

• Total voters
Why stop there?

A long list of unethical people can be posted for both sides.

yeah, but anthony weiner is no longer in congress and newt won south carolina. i find that interesting.

weiner would still be in congress if it were left up to you. I find that interesting. don't you? Your dishonest is astounding.

What the fuck!!!!!?????? At least he resigned!!

What about the GOP?

Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) admitted in 2007 to patronizing the DC Madam prostitution ring — a crime “a degree or two more egregious” than Weiner’s, as former RNC Chairman Michael Steele said — yet Vitter remains in the Senate to this day. How did Republicans respond to Vitter’s transgression? With “a concerted push” to defend the embattled senator.

Sen. John Ensign (R-NV), who remained in the Senate a full two years after admitting to having an extramarital affair with the wife of a staffer, whom he bribed with $96,000 in hush money and illegally helped acquire a lobbying job.

In neither case did GOP leaders call for the senators to step down.

GOP Rep. Issa Thinks Republicans Always Resign After Ethics Scandals | ThinkProgress

And before you hypocritically attack the source please address the FACTS.

yeah, but anthony weiner is no longer in congress and newt won south carolina. i find that interesting.

Ok I will run with that. Wasnt weiner from another state. Didnt dems un-circle the wagons once they couldnt control the message.

Jillian, in no un certain terms told anybody who was not in weenie's congressional district to butt out. their opinions didn't count. now listen to her wouldya?

i don't recall saying that. but then again, you're not exactly known for your truthiness...

i did say that the hypocrites on the right had a lot of nerve complaining while vitter, who got caught in a diaper with hookers, was still in the senate.

i thought that was fair.

but then again, i'm not a liar and a hypocrite like you. :thup:

Some Dems circled the wagons around him. Not I but that's beside the point.

How many "character is no longer an issue now that Newt has a chance" righties took issue with Weiner's weiner pics?

Ethics as you know is a matter of perception. Double standards exist, both sides.

Whats the most entertaining though is the judgment passed without any intimate knowledge.

Go guys the entertainment is priceless.

Yes, it's a matter of perception....and around that perception too often begins and ends with the letter after the person's last name in question.

:clap2::clap2: Who could successfully argue against that? Meanwhile as the focus is off Washington. The debt goes up another trillion.

Ok I will run with that. Wasnt weiner from another state. Didnt dems un-circle the wagons once they couldnt control the message.

Jillian, in no un certain terms told anybody who was not in weenie's congressional district to butt out. their opinions didn't count. now listen to her wouldya?

i don't recall saying that. but then again, you're not exactly known for your truthiness...

i did say that the hypocrites on the right had a lot of nerve complaining while vitter, who got caught in a diaper with hookers, was still in the senate.

i thought that was fair.

but then again, i'm not a liar and a hypocrite like you. :thup:

It's very convenient for you that your memory has failed you isn't it?

Some Dems circled the wagons around him. Not I but that's beside the point.

How many "character is no longer an issue now that Newt has a chance" righties took issue with Weiner's weiner pics?

hey, art, i could be wrong, but i don't recall anyone defending him.

I stayed the eff out of that whole thing, Jill.

I doubt that there weren't at least a couple of defenders but from what I can recall from the couple of times that I popped into that ginormous thread to see what was going down the bickering seemed to be typical partisan finger pointing at each other and attacks surrounding Breitfart's role in the matter.

I was pleasantly surprised by that to. I do hope it becomes a trend for both sides.

I will not hold my breath though.

i understand why you appreciated that. my issue with it was the hypocrisy of forcing him out while vitter is still there.

it was always my feeling that if his name weren't weiner, he'd still be representing his district.

Last edited:

I doubt that there weren't at least a couple of defenders but from what I can recall from the couple of times that I popped into that ginormous thread to see what was going down the bickering seemed to be typical partisan finger pointing at each other and attacks surrounding Breitfart's role in the matter.

that one was a bit close to home for me. i mostly interjected about the nonstop weiner jokes. that thread went on forever. pity, too. he was a good representative for his district.

Last edited:

that one was a bit close to home for me. i mostly interjected about the nonstop weiner jokes. that thread went on forever. pity, too. he was a good representative for his district.

Yeah, he had an unfortunate name for the scandal he found himself in. No shock the nutters were all over it. No doubt many of those people will defend Newt or deflect to Dems who have also had scandals as justification for their own hypocrisy.

I enjoyed some of Weiners antics in Congress. He knew his shit and was a funny guy.

But when you get yourself into the hot water he did, there comes a point where you've dug too deep a hole and there's no way out.

It's amazing that he did that when he had such a beautiful and intelligent wife. I'd worship that chic. What a maroon.

Ordinarily character at least has an effect. This is not that day. We aren't looking for a moral and spiritual leader but someone who can take obama to the woodshed and remove him permanently from office in the most humilliating way possible.

i am not reading all this crap.....

character.....

winston churchill....a man of poor personal character....drinker,,,womenizer all those things

vs.

adolph hitler ...a veggie, non drinker ....blah blah blah....

sometimes character can be tricky

In an elected official, especially for President.
Yes, and it should.

Interesting with such an overwhelming amount, currently, in the Yes column and you have so many hard-rightwingers supporting such scum as the amoral Noot Gin Grinch.

WoW!!! :eek:

I was pleasantly surprised by that to. I do hope it becomes a trend for both sides.

I will not hold my breath though.

i understand why you appreciated that. my issue with it was the hypocrisy of forcing him out while vitter is still there.

it was always my feeling that if his name weren't weiner, he'd still be representing his district.

I pay so little attention to the minor squabbles, Vitter? Doesnt ring a bell. Lets not keep the ethics pressure on just freaks, lets expand.

What we have today is staking out extreme positions and the compromise, maybe........

Result 15 trillion and climbing. Debt is our biggest enemy. This election for me is not who the candidate is but what the parties do about debt. We have another debt limit increase request. ALL ABOARD THE 25 TRILLION DEBT TRAIN BY 2018.

Wait until 47 million need premium subsidies.

And, sex out of wedlock used to be a character flaw? Or wearing pants instead of a skirt and on and on. We have changed the definition over years have we not?

Wake me up when leaving your wife after she is diagnosed with MS isn't a character flaw.
Well, i don't disagree with you. And, it seems when it is "our guy" on either side it is OK but not in the reverse coming from both sides. And ,there is some hypcrisy for the whining about Clinton and voting Newt or the whining about Newt from those who voted Clinton. As for his marriage, we really don't know why someone's marriage failed. We don't know what the circumstances were. Maybe she cheated, told him to leave, or who knows? And, since when is an ex's version considered the unbiased truth? But, we sunk Edwards and Gary Hart and others. So, maybe that should sink Newt too. Then again, it didn't sink Clinton or Kennedy or some others either. So, i really don't know what to think at this point.

Kind of like, if you don't like someone, the way they hold their fork will annoy the snot out of you, but if you like them, they can spill a plate of food on you and you forgive them.

Forum List

Back