Does BYU accept federal funds?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
In 1980 you could get federal financial aid including grants and loans to go to BYU but BYU didn't process them for you the way other universities did. It was between the student and the gov't. The school didn't get their hands dirty with federal money at all, if I understood correctly.

Do they still rigorously separate themselves from federal funding?

In 1980 you could get federal financial aid including grants and loans to go to BYU but BYU didn't process them for you the way other universities did. It was between the student and the gov't. The school didn't get their hands dirty with federal money at all, if I understood correctly.

I do know some of their faculty accept government research grants.

And, as research grants granted to faculty members are administered by the university with them taking an administrative cut (fucking leeches...but that's another topic ;)), I personally think they are.

They may deny it, but they really are.

I'm disturbed that anyone would name a university after a character like Brigham Young.

Pedophile.
Traitor.
Religious fanatic cult leader.

Met some BYU students back in the 1980's.... creepier than hell. Like they got thrown out of a Steven King novel when the other characters said how creeped out they were...

I'm disturbed that anyone would name a university after a character like Brigham Young.

Pedophile.
Traitor.

Met some BYU students back in the 1980's.... creepier than hell. Like they got thrown out of a Steven King novel when the other characters said how creeped out they were...

Provide evidence of your charges.

Pedophile.
Traitor.

YOu mean besides the fact he had 57 wives, some of them as young as 15 when he was in his forties... Okay, they throw you in jail for that in most states.

List of Brigham Young's wives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there was the Utah War- where he incited an armed rebellion against the United States Government...

Utah War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This included the notrotious Mountain Meadows Massacre, where 126 "gentile" (non-Mormon) settlers were slaughtered by LDS led by Young's adopted son, John Dee, after being given the promise of safe passage.

Mountain Meadows massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, I'm sure the LDS want you to think they are all about pancake breakfasts now, but there is some truly weird shit in their history, that we are all going to hear about when Romney is the nominee.

Pedophile.
Traitor.

YOu mean besides the fact he had 57 wives, some of them as young as 15 when he was in his forties... Okay, they throw you in jail for that in most states.

They didn't during his time. In fact, that was quite a normal age for marriage.

Pedophile.
Traitor.

List of Brigham Young's wives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there was the Utah War- where he incited an armed rebellion against the United States Government...

Utah War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This included the notrotious Mountain Meadows Massacre, where 126 "gentile" (non-Mormon) settlers were slaughtered by LDS led by Young's adopted son, John Dee, after being given the promise of safe passage.

Mountain Meadows massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, I'm sure the LDS want you to think they are all about pancake breakfasts now, but there is some truly weird shit in their history, that we are all going to hear about when Romney is the nominee.

In the 1800's girls married as young as 14 dumb ass. And there was no Utah war. The President fabricated that , but then if you actually knew history you would know that. As for meadows there is absolutely no credible evidence that Young had anything to do with it. In fact he specifically ordered them to be allowed through.

You are a liar, a fraud and a moron.

You are aware that wiki can be edited and changed by just about anyone? How about a credible source to back up your lies?

They didn't during his time. In fact, that was quite a normal age for marriage.

It was normal for 15 year olds to marry other 15 year olds.. usually because they got each other pregnant in the days before birth control.

What the Mormons were doing, what they shot Joseph Smith for and what they chased the rest of them to Utah for. That wasn't normal and Utah had to be told to knock it off if they wanted into the union.

In the 1800's girls married as young as 14 dumb ass. And there was no Utah war. The President fabricated that , but then if you actually knew history you would know that. As for meadows there is absolutely no credible evidence that Young had anything to do with it. In fact he specifically ordered them to be allowed through.

You are a liar, a fraud and a moron.

You are aware that wiki can be edited and changed by just about anyone? How about a credible source to back up your lies?

I have a degree in history, thank you....

To the point, what Brigham Young did would be considered treason today and it was considered treason at the time. They removed him as governor of the territory after that.

As far as "girls got married as young as 14"- yes, they did. To people their own age, and usually only once. What the LDS were doing shocked and horrified people at the time, and rightfully so.

As far as "there is no credible evidence", there was about as much credible evidence that Brigham Young ordered Mountain Meadows as there was that John Gotti ordered the hit on Big Paulie Castalanto.

Except that they exectued John Dee, and they cut a deal with Sammy the Bull.

John Dee said before they shot him that he was being made the scapegoat for brigham young.

I do know some of their faculty accept government research grants.

And, as research grants granted to faculty members are administered by the university with them taking an administrative cut (fucking leeches...but that's another topic ;)), I personally think they are.

They may deny it, but they really are.

Thanks.

Pedophile.
Traitor.

I already knew you were obsessed. Now I also know that you have no board etiquette. Can't you just knock it off for a second? Your post has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

History degree? Please ask your university for a refund.

Forum List

Back