Does Bush care about Outsourcing?

B

busch2008

Why doesn't he address the issue? GOP is so concerned with Gay marriage and gay sex, they could care less if our jobs are off to Pakistan and India. The lower classes are slipping more and more into poverty and the big issue is Kerry's Vietnam record. So out of touch with reality. I just don't get conservatives, I never will.

I don't know who you're preaching to, but I assume it's yourself.

For the millionth time, Kerry is the one that made Vietnam the face of his campaign. If he doesn't want people talking about Vietnam, he needs to stop beginning 95% of his sentences with something about Vietnam or his service. He's been throwing it in everyones face for longer then he was even there.

As for outsourcing, write Kerry's wife and ask her about Heinz outsourcing. See if she cares.

busch2008 said:
Why doesn't he address the issue? GOP is so concerned with Gay marriage and gay sex, they could care less if our jobs are off to Pakistan and India. The lower classes are slipping more and more into poverty and the big issue is Kerry's Vietnam record. So out of touch with reality. I just don't get conservatives, I never will.

Businesses are operating under the current laws. Do you expect Bush to change them? Are you aware other countries outsource to the US and use our labor force? Perhaps you should be talking to your congressman.

Outsourcing HELPS the economy. As Bush said, the economy has changed and Americans need to change with it.

If a company employs 1,000 people and has to decide to either 1) outsource 25% of their jobs to overseas or 2) close down all together, sure, 250 folks are out of work, but 750 are not.

Which way would you rather have it?

And for the last fucking time, many of the jobs created in the 90's and lost in 01 and 02 were lost not only due to 9-11 but due to corporate corruption. The corporations cooked their books in the 90's and hired a LOT of people at bloated salaries. When the bubble burst and those companies went out of business or laid off 10's of thousands in an effort not to go BK, the bubble jobs went boom too. The jobs of the 90's were FALSE jobs that NEVER had a chance of surviving a correction in the market.

If you want to blame anybody, blame Clinton for letting the economy run rampant and out of control.

dilloduck said:
Are you aware other countries outsource to the US and use our labor force?

Excellent point. I know a LOT of Americans working for Korean, Japanese and European companies here in America. Nokia, Ericsson, Samsung, Sony, etc. all employ 10's of thousands of American workers.

We come to view name brands such as those mentioned above as being US when they are actually foreign companies. The uninformed left must think that Nokia, Sony, etc. are US companies.....

busch2008 said:

Um, we are out of touch with reality? Did you bother to listen to the Presidents acceptance speech the other night? He had far more in it about outsourcing and qualifying americans for good jobs then he did about gay marriage.

Besides, consumers benefit from outsourcing so i dont see the problem. we still have one of the lowest unemployment rates in history and we easily employ more workers than most of the rest of the world. Yet "outsourcing" is a problem. What? is it only Americans who are allowed to work? so people in third world contries arent allowed to work hard for what companies are willing to pay them and try to better themselves?

Um, we are out of touch with reality? Did you bother to listen to the Presidents acceptance speech the other night? He had far more in it about outsourcing and qualifying americans for good jobs then he did about gay marriage.

Besides, consumers benefit from outsourcing so i dont see the problem. we still have one of the lowest unemployment rates in history and we easily employ more workers than most of the rest of the world. Yet "outsourcing" is a problem. What? is it only Americans who are allowed to work? so people in third world contries arent allowed to work hard for what companies are willing to pay them and try to better themselves?

Why do you guys want to vote away our economic well being? Your economic ideas do not work. You think they do, but they don't. The proof is in the results. Time and time again, Conservative leaders have successfully led us into worse economic conditions then when they started. It's the definition of insanity. You beat your head against the wall insisting your way is better and its consistently not.

freeandfun1 said:
Outsourcing HELPS the economy.

I'd be interested to see the source on this.

The fact is that outsourcing is done by corporations in order to lower labor costs and boost profits. This is because it's cheaper to employ Mexicans than Americans. This is because Mexico doesn't have the welfare state we do, or the infrastructure, and so on. Even if it did, we are a more advanced society overall, and our workers will need to command more dollars to survive. In America, you need a house and a car. In India, you can get by in a fucking hut and riding a rusty bicycle. So OF COURSE you can "bargain down" what you demand for your labor.

But I'm not impressed by that, frankly. What this ultimately means is that working people get screwed, and CEO's make millions. But this wealth does not trickle down. It's simple disloyalty to the U.S. to put bigger profits over your neighbor's job.

Yes, YOU as the CEO will get richer. But the worker will just be left in the dust.

We CAN have a strong and productive economy AND be loyal Americans.

William Joyce said:

The fact is that outsourcing is done by corporations in order to lower labor costs and boost profits. This is because it's cheaper to employ Mexicans than Americans. This is because Mexico doesn't have the welfare state we do, or the infrastructure, and so on. Even if it did, we are a more advanced society overall, and our workers will need to command more dollars to survive. In America, you need a house and a car. In India, you can get by in a fucking hut and riding a rusty bicycle. So OF COURSE you can "bargain down" what you demand for your labor.

But I'm not impressed by that, frankly. What this ultimately means is that working people get screwed, and CEO's make millions. But this wealth does not trickle down. It's simple disloyalty to the U.S. to put bigger profits over your neighbor's job.

Yes, YOU as the CEO will get richer. But the worker will just be left in the dust.

so you would be willing to pay up to 50% more for certain products?

William Joyce said:

I think the current mindset is the result of a decade of talk radio shouting into peoples' brains that Government is always bad, taxes are always bad, the government never does anything right. And history doesn't support that. America became the most powerful nation in the history of the world under Liberal leadership, liberal economics. Government has a very important role and they don't understand this. Government provides the environment for good business to flourish.

busch2008 said:
Why do you guys want to vote away our economic well being? Your economic ideas do not work. You think they do, but they don't. The proof is in the results. Time and time again, Conservative leaders have successfully led us into worse economic conditions then when they started. It's the definition of insanity. You beat your head against the wall insisting your way is better and its consistently not.

Vote away our economic well being? What the frick our you talking about? How the heck does raising our taxes help the economy? When have we ever been taxed into prosperity How exactly is the economy worse now? Because of the Presidents economic policy the unemployment rate is lower than it was when Clinton was reelected. If you want a strong economy, you let people keep their money.

How exactly are we going to have a strong economy if no one outside the US has jobs to pay for our products?

I hate ignorance. the fact you guys cant even understand the simple concepts from high school economics bugs the heck out of me.

Vote away our economic well being? What the frick our you talking about? How the heck does raising our taxes help the economy? When have we ever been taxed into prosperity How exactly is the economy worse now? Because of the Presidents economic policy the unemployment rate is lower than it was when Clinton was reelected. If you want a strong economy, you let people keep their money.

How exactly are we going to have a strong economy if no one outside the US has jobs to pay for our products?

I hate ignorance. the fact you guys cant even understand the simple concepts from high school economics bugs the heck out of me.

My home state of Montana is the most current example I can think of of why Conservative economics is bad. Under a decade of the Conservative Leadership of Mark Racicot the economy of that state went to dead last in the nation. Dead last! Racicots solution to every economic problem the state faces? Cut taxes! And it never worked, the situation just got worse and worse. The people of Montana, very conservative, anti-government loved it. They got poorer and poorer and poorer. The state government is now so ineffective, they can't support any kind of business development. It's a frickin' disaster. Their number one export is college graduates like myself. Now I see Racicot's policies in Bush only its national. It will similarly be a disaster and I don't want to see that happen.

busch2008 said:
My home state of Montana is the most current example I can think of of why Conservative economics is bad. Under a decade of the Conservative Leadership of Mark Racicot the economy of that state went to dead last in the nation. Dead last! Racicots solution to every economic problem the state faces? Cut taxes! And it never worked, the situation just got worse and worse. The people of Montana, very conservative, anti-government loved it. They got poorer and poorer and poorer. The state government is now so ineffective, they can't support any kind of business development. It's a frickin' disaster. Their number one export is college graduates like myself. Now I see Racicot's policies in Bush only its national. It will similarly be a disaster and I don't want to see that happen.

If you actually believe raising taxes benefits the economy then you should have your degree revoked.

busch2008 said:

LMAO.. :poke:

The death rattle of a dieing liberal.

Provide some links for your assinine statement. Even though you wont find any since it was a conservative Ronald Reagan that brought us out of the worst period of inflation and out of the worst depression in this nation's history. It was GW Bush that brought us out of a Recession brought on by the dot com bust in 3rd qtr, 1999 and compounded by 9/11.

the economy is the best its ever been. 2 million jobs have been created since january this year. Unemployment is lower than any point in time during the 8 years of Clinton at 5.4%.

Your argument holds no water. Get a new one.

busch2008 said:

I'm not going to claim to know everything about Montana because I don't. All I can really say is the economy of the country and the economy of Montana are two different things. Just because it doesn't work for a state doesn't mean anything for the country. One thing I do know is that over the last several years Montana has shifted it's focus from things like copper to tourism. While a cut in income taxes would help the economy, things like a gas tax would actually help. States like Utah and Wyoming do quite well with tourism thanks to a gas tax. Bottom line pertaining to Montana, exactly how much of a tourism state is it?

Busch2008, you question if Bush cares about outsourcing. Making a point about the labor force, then add prespective of your home state of Montana to support your position. Why is it then that the unemployment figure for Montana is at 4.3% for July of 2004? As compared to the National unemployment for the nation in July of 2004 at 5.5%. Also as a comparison with July of 1996 when Bill Clinton was in office and running for re-election the unmployment figure for Montana was 5.3%, a full percentage point higher than it is now. Did a democratic President careless about outsourcing in 1996 than a republican President does now?

http://data.bls.gov/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet?series_id=LASST30000003&data_tool="EaG"

MtnBiker said:
Busch2008, you question if Bush cares about outsourcing. Making a point about the labor force, then add prespective of your home state of Montana to support your position. Why is it then that the unemployment figure for Montana is at 4.3% for July of 2004? As compared to the National unemployment for the nation in July of 2004 at 5.5%. Also as a comparison with July of 1996 when Bill Clinton was in office and running for re-election the unmployment figure for Montana was 5.3%. Did a democratic President careless about outsourcing in 1996 than a republican President does now?

http://data.bls.gov/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet?series_id=LASST30000003&data_tool="EaG"

MTN, just FYI they just released the new unemployment rates. its down to 5.4 nationally as of the end of AUgust.

I think the current mindset is the result of a decade of talk radio shouting into peoples' brains that Government is always bad, taxes are always bad, the government never does anything right.
And what about the stuff said by other sources (NYT, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR, etc) that expressed the opposite viewpoint?

Also, here are some interesting links about outsourcing and Bush:

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=236
http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=168
http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=225

William Joyce said:

dipshit, did you read my entire post? I covered my thoughts but you ignored all but that one little sentence.

Forum List

Back