Does Breast Cancer belong in the NFL?

Yes, awareness for breast cancer does belong in the NFL, along with many other places.

Now that being said, I think National Hispanic Month celebration does NOT belong in the NFL.
I was watching Monday night football and every other frigin' commercial was in spanish! If I want that, I'll tune into the latino channel!

As far as the pink goes ... I love it!
It takes a real man to wear pink and I think it's great the NFL players are doing this.
I'm sure if you asked, pretty much all of them would agree they love breasts.

& Without a hint of irony,
a few hours later...we'll find Dude bemoaning the government getting involved in any health care, how research and funding and charity and motivations and concerns should all come from the private sector.

Then come back here to spit on pink ribbons and efforts to save lives and the millions raised when an private organization organizes of their own volition to do just that & help the cause.

Just leave his gd football of irony alone!
No, that's NOT what he's saying.

What he's saying is, "Awareness Months" can be presented in certain ways that kinda "guilt trip" the average person, especially commercially. For example, the NFL thing. Lots of people love football. So, if they see their favorite players wearing pink, its subliminally "forcing" them to also get on the "cause" bandwagon. Some of them may just be doing it to look good!

If it was some 400-pound man in nothing but dirty tighty-whities with fearless fly glasses and acne all over his face telling people to donate, people probably wouldn't be as inclined to do it, even though he may feel genuine about fighting breast cancer.

He's "whining" about commercialization of charity (and rightly so), not about charity or issues themselves.
But don't expect myopic politically correct demagogues to understand that.

And if they showed how hamburger is made you wouldn't subliminally want a big mac.

Can I have a wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Forum List

Back