Does belief make you less likely to do stupid stuff?

Sep 12, 2008
A quote from Chesterton:
Starting from believing in nothing, you will wind up believing anything

Article in WSJ that evangelical christians have the fewest weird beliefs. They aren't into angels, bigfeet, ghosts, psychics, etc etc. It is sort of like they take one poison, and become immune from all others.

Atheists on the other hand tend to believe in all kinds of weird stuff, Nigerian Emailers being the least of their problems.

:confused: Which Chesterton are we talking about :confused:

a) G. K. Chesterton, British writer ?
b) A. K. Chesterton, British politician, cousin of G. K. Chesterton ?
c) Cecil Chesterton, British journalist, brother of G. K. Chesterton Fictional ?
d) Ian Chesterton, one of the main characters in the first series of Doctor Who ?
or
e) Gil Chesterton, one of the Minor characters on Frasier ?

I remember the character Ian Chesterton, I think he was played by a bloke called William something, not William Hartnell, he was the very first Doctor Who, but a young bloke who was a teacher at Susan's school (Susan being the Doctor's granddaughter).

Had to look it up. William Russell. I knew it was him because he used to play Sir Lancelot in The Adventures of Sir Lancelot on tv when I was a kid.

As for Evangelicals weird beliefs. It's subjective. I think they're weird, not bad weird, just strange weird. But I also knew those blokes who were banging on about Bigfoot were trying it on as well. I've seen Harry and the Hendersons and that thing didn't look anything like Harry. :D

Forum List

Back