Does being black make you different?

As a white male, I don't know about being black making a person different psychologically, but I certainly appreciate the physical appearance of black women. I think overall that they are just prettier than other races.

As a white male, I don't know about being black making a person different psychologically, but I certainly appreciate the physical appearance of black women. I think overall that they are just prettier than other races.

You are a hoot!! Do you look at American Idol? I think Steven Tyler should be our next President. This country would ROCK!! I love his song "WALK THIS WAY" that could be his campaign slogan!!

My Mom use to say "that's such a pretty little black baby", I said "UH, would it still be pretty if it was white?". She stopped say that after saying "YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT". Had a black neighbor lady I heard say "That's such a pretty little white baby". I said "UH, would it still be pretty if it was black" I never heard her say it again after saying "YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT".
And yes I did knew what they meant. Context and tone of voice mean a whole lot. In the sixties 'BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL' was in vogue, along with 'BLACK PRIDE'. There was a time in OUR not too distant past that blacks were treated as a people that need not be proud, so I don't see it as anything racist or bigoted in the statement mentioned by the OP whereas, I MIGHT if someone white made the statement "I'm a proud WHITE man or woman", Because sometimes (not always) it is a statement of superiority. Whereas when a black person says "I'm a proud BLACK man or woman", it is a statement of equality". But that's just my experience. I could be wrong.

Of course you are wrong. When blacks say it it is just being equal, when whites say it it is being bigoted...take another hit dude.

ANYONE who makes a statement that indicates superiority IS A BIGOT. THAT SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING. Did you not read that CONTEXT means a whole lot. No one is superior to another. When a black person makes such statements they are not IMPYING superiority. When a white person makes such statements they USUALLY ARE. Next time I will attempt to be more CLEAR so you will understand.

I heard the phrase in a movie today "A big, proud, BLACK woman" from a black woman. I've heard it before. Blacks speaking proudly and boldly, always emphasizing the "black" man or "black" woman.

Just curious. Does being black in any way make you different?

God damn right I'm proud to be black, just look at all the shit palefaces put us through and we still strong, nearly 41 million strong. The palefaces don't have shit to be proud about except oppressing the non whites.

The question shouldn't be does being black make you different...it should be does being black/white make you different? The majority of blacks in this country had ancestors who were raised on plantations and their great to great-great grandmothers were forced to have sexual intercouse with either their White slave-masters, overseers or whoever else. Either way, the White bloodline has carried through generations of blacks and since that time it has proven that it happened. Why should a black girl have green eyes? Why should a black boy have fair skin and light colored hair? Still, it doesn't change the fact that Black people will always be considered second class citizens in this country. White people will always be considered first and unless you are in the workforce where it is proven everyday, you are disillusional.

A ****** is a ****** with or without a white blood line, that white blood line doesn't mean shit and why should it make a difference? You want the light niggas to have it better or worse than the dark niggas? We are the niggas.

[...]

How did he get there? Who put him there. That's what is truly, amazingly remarkable to me.

[...]
George W. Bush is who put Obama in the White House. What put him there is the damage autocratic old White men have done to America in recent years. Bush is the epitome of autocratic old White men. By 2007 most of America had quite enough of it and Obama is the intellectual, the conceptual and the visual antithesis of Bush.

I credit the Wall Street kingmakers who positioned Obama for being shrewd enough to understand that subliminal mechanism.

r331987_1498356.jpg

But, too bad the voters couldn't tell they'd been manipulated or we might have had Kucinich in place of Obama -- which would have made one hell of a constructive difference.

And Willie as VP. The Thought makes me want to vomit, but either way we would have been just as screwed.

I heard the phrase in a movie today "A big, proud, BLACK woman" from a black woman. I've heard it before. Blacks speaking proudly and boldly, always emphasizing the "black" man or "black" woman.

Just curious. Does being black in any way make you different?

God damn right I'm proud to be black, just look at all the shit palefaces put us through and we still strong, nearly 41 million strong. The palefaces don't have shit to be proud about except oppressing the non whites.

Or the blacks that sold those oppressed black folks to the white folks for hammers and gun powder, red cloth and pretty beads. And lets leave the Blacks in places like Darfur, Congo and Somalia. Who oppresses them ? Oh yeah, other black people and they even sell them for guns and drugs just like they did 200 years ago to.

Forum List

Back