Does being black make you different?

It's very sad that barack obama was the first of his race to be elected President. His divisiveness and utter incompetence has ensured that he will be the last black man elected to that office for a very long time.
Had the first black President been of the caliber of Alan Keyes, Alan West, Thomas Sowell, Condoleeza Rice or Walter Williams, his race would be on equal footing in future elections.
Sadly, the American people will have a tough time accepting the next viable black candidate.

He is not yet finished, and I put forwards that a more holistic history will judge him far differently than the often myopic present does.

And the historical perspective is the one that has longevity.

Sorry Ropey but I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you here, While we certainly cannot dismiss the historical significance of the people in this country electing a person of color as president, that’s the extent of it. Obama's policies and his worldview are bad for this country, which is ultimately bad for the world. A weaker U.S. is not good for anybody and in Obama's world the U.S. is not exceptional and we can't have that in an American president. Thats my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
He is not yet finished, and I put forwards that a more holistic history will judge him far differently than the often myopic present does.

Sorry Ropey but I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you here, While we certainly cannot dismiss the historical significance of the people in this country electing a person of color as president, that’s the extent of it. Obama's policies and his worldview are bad for this country, which is ultimately bad for the world. A weaker U.S. is not good for anybody and in Obama's world the U.S. is not exceptional and we can't have that in an American president. Thats my opinion anyway.

In the longer term, it strengthens America for only by showing its weakness can it modify those weaknesses into strengths.

Obama can only take a maximum of two terms. His damage (if there is damage) is quite limited. And history will judge the truth of this.

He might not even make a second term, and there could be some strong new Presidential degrees and repeals if the American people stand up and truly, "Throw the Bums Out."

I wouldn't worry all that much Jroc. But you can if you wish. :lol:

[

I believe that America knows not yet what effect this has had on the rest of the world and will not know for a few generations.

It's very sad that barack obama was the first of his race to be elected President. His divisiveness and utter incompetence has ensured that he will be the last black man elected to that office for a very long time.
Had the first black President been of the caliber of Alan Keyes, Alan West, Thomas Sowell, Condoleeza Rice or Walter Williams, his race would be on equal footing in future elections.
Sadly, the American people will have a tough time accepting the next viable black candidate.

Obama is an egomaniac, but that must be a pre-req for anyone who wants to be President.

He is not qualified. I don't think that this will eliminate other Black people from consideration, though. Like many of the TEA Party candidates, he was never properly vetted. This was not exposed by the adoring press who seemed more anxious to blow him than his cover.

He may end up with two terms, but that is only because the Repoublicans never miss an opportunity to miss an oppotunity.

[

I believe that America knows not yet what effect this has had on the rest of the world and will not know for a few generations.

Betch said that about Jimmy too. How'd that work out for you?

Betch said that about Jimmy too. How'd that work out for you?

It was to be what it was to be. In the grand scheme of things, we are drops in the water. All we can do is discuss and watch to see what happens.

There has yet to be a President of America who I agreed with fully and Carter far less than some others.

Be that as it may. America is still the best exercise in human rights that this world has ever seen. Without America as that bastion, I put forward that there would be not be a Western philosophy.

I look around at all the other philosophies and appreciate the strength of America. Carter was yanked before he did any lasting damage.

Which is another strength of America. Regardless of how things work out for me personally. Regardless of how things work out for Israel.

America is the only bastion I see out there and America is evolving.

You?

[

And you are truly wishing you will never have to look at another Black face as your president again. Admit it. What kills me about White folks like you is that, he was also WHITE. But that doesn't enter into the equation as far as you are concerned. Once that black gene entered his blood system the White gene was null and void. Now, why is that? Please, explain it to me b/c I am a Black woman with green eyes and I would really like to know.

Last edited:
[

Obama is an egomaniac, but that must be a pre-req for anyone who wants to be President.

He is not qualified. I don't think that this will eliminate other Black people from consideration, though. Like many of the TEA Party candidates, he was never properly vetted. This was not exposed by the adoring press who seemed more anxious to blow him than his cover.

He may end up with two terms, but that is only because the Repoublicans never miss an opportunity to miss an oppotunity.

He's a young man who has written two books about himself even before he was elected. He was brought up by loving women. He enjoys being the center of attention. He's moving his Democratic agenda ahead but very slowly because he has found that with foreign policy and men, his charm is lessened.

So, I would tend to agree with you with regards to his personal motivations and character. That's where I'll agree with you in principle.

Had someone else... --> then is simply theoretical.

I dunno.... :tongue:

[

I'm not so sure. obama and his sycophants never miss an opportunity to play the race card when his motives are challenged. The Democrats are pointing out his race daily and I think they are going to cause main stream America to associate race with the obvious imcompetence.

I do agree that the GOP has a penchant for running the wrong candidate. They seem to feel, in the absence of a very strong candidate that they should reward the party's elder statesmen like Dole and McCain.

[

And you are truly wishing you will never have to look at another Black face as your president again. Admit it. What kills me about White folks like you is that, he was also WHITE. But that doesn't enter into the equation as far as you are concerned. Once that black gene entered his blood system the White gene was null and void. Now, why is that? Please, explain it to me b/c I am a Black woman with green eyes and I would really like to know.

That's not what I got from his post. All I got was a wish to have a Conservative Black man in the Office, rather than a Democratic Black man. :lol:

Certainly his list shows that, not any 'uncle tom' stuff... :razz:

I heard the phrase in a movie today "A big, proud, BLACK woman" from a black woman. I've heard it before. Blacks speaking proudly and boldly, always emphasizing the "black" man or "black" woman.

Just curious. Does being black in any way make you different?

I dunno. Let's ask the experts on being black.

White liberals, what say you?

Why a conservative Black man rather than a democratic Black man? If a conservative Black man was President does that mean that he would cut back on spending such as: services for the elderly, veterans, education, the environment, health insurance, life insurance, any kind of insurance? While he and his co-hort Republicans and their families are fully insured?Sounds like a winner!!

Last edited:
Why a conservative Black man rather than a democratic Black man? If a conservative Black man was President does that mean that he would cut back on spending such as: services for the elderly, veterans, education, the environment, health insurance, life insurance, any kind of insurance? While he and his co-hort Republicans and their families are fully insured?Sounds like a winner!!

If I was a conservative Republican then I would rather have a Conservative Republican as President.

Now if there was a Republican Black President in office is what I am getting from that post.

I disagree with him that Obama will send the possibility of another Black President further back. I think Obama has enhanced more than the Presidency.

If your agenda has a strongly Democratic stand and his is a strongly Republican stand, then I put forward that this thread has nothing to do with that anyway.

If I was a conservative Republican then I would rather have a Conservative Republican as President.

Now if there was a Republican Black President in office is what I am getting from that post.

I disagree with him that Obama will send the possibility of another Black President further back. I think Obama has enhanced more than the Presidency.

If your agenda has a strongly Democratic stand and his is a strongly Republican stand, then I put forward that this thread has nothing to do with that anyway.

Whether or not a President is Democratic or Republican, if they are elected to serve the American people and do not then what does it matter?

Whether or not a President is Democratic or Republican, if they are elected to serve the American people and do not then what does it matter?

Matter? It shows the world.

The President is elected by the people, and who is of the people and who is for the people. His pledge, "I pledge to always represent my country with pride, honesty and dignity." is his pledge of duty to "Preserve, Protect and Defend the Constitution of the United States.

Not to serve. Not even to serve the will of the people, but to speak in place of the people as their representative.

So, the President is elected to speak for the people. If the President speaks for the people, and if enough people do not like who, what, when, where, why and how the president and party expresses their representation, then they "throw the bums out".

Many other "Democracies", not so much. Dictatorships, never. Theocracies, never.

Props to America. Forty five American presidents have shown this transition to be proof of the American Presidential representation.

[

I love this guy consevatives and real Americans would turn out in droves to vote for this man

New Congressman Allen West...

[ame="ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M"]ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M[/ame]

The Milwaukee Journal ran a news story depicting a hundred teenagers marauding the Mayfield Mall in Wauwautosa, WI on Sunday. The story never identified the race of the mob, it simply described them as youths, but would any American reading this report not be able to figure it out? A picture of the thugs is shown here. The situation at Mayfair Mall was a disgrace - JSOnline One of the participants was interviewed on camera and explained their behavior as an attempt to have some fun. While this is certainly not typical black behavior, it is the kind of behavior that is associated with blacks, and distinguishes them from whites and asians as being less law abiding and more prone toward violence, especially when part of a mob.

Being human makes you different, except for identical twins.

Sometimes the obvious needs to be pointed out to the agenda-driven. :rolleyes:

I heard the phrase in a movie today "A big, proud, BLACK woman" from a black woman. I've heard it before. Blacks speaking proudly and boldly, always emphasizing the "black" man or "black" woman.

Just curious. Does being black in any way make you different?

I don't know. I think though, that a newly perceived sense of power makes most people different.

Agree. I think people need to flex a little of their new found strength or confidence.

[

I think the problem with Obama is not that he is half black but that he didnt ignore his campaign promises as soon as he was elected, like other presidents. Clinton figured it out quickly and served 2 terms. Carter didnt and was bounced. People want to be told soft and soothing lies while being competently ruled from above. Obama unfortunately believes his rhetoric and doesnt have his priorities geared to actually running the country in an efficient manner.

[

Casper, there are absolutely a number of white folks that didn't and don't want to see a black skinned man or woman in the White House. As you mentioned President Obama is also white. And I also believe (his being biracial) that had his skin been white, that a number of white folks still would have seen a black man and not wanted him in the White House regardless of his character or views. Having said that, I'll now say this: There were a number of black folks who voted not for President Obama's character or views, but voted for his black skin. And I also believe that had his skin been white that he would not have recieved as much of the black vote as he did regardless of his character or views.

Not intending to try and simplify it but that is the black and white of the matter.
We have come a way, but sadly still have a way to go when it comes to race relations.

Forum List

Back