Does Barack Obama have enough experience to be president?

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Newt Gingrich, commenting on Obama's experience: "Well, Abraham Lincoln served two years in the U.S.House, and seemed to do all right."

Does Barack Obama have enough experience to be president? - Obamapedia

Following George W. Bush, who only served six years as the Governor of Texas before his presidency and hasn't been that well-received, to put it lightly, the American people should make sure they vote for a qualified candidate. And in their never ending coverage of Obama, the American media loves to repeat the "experience question." Barack, a political unknown until his Democratic National Convention Speech in 2004, has been portrayed as "green", the implication being that if he's elected president, he would somehow not be ready to handle the task of the presidency, or at least not as well as his political opponents.

He has ten years experience in public office, more than the two other leading Democratic candidates, Hillary Clinton (six-plus years as Senator from New York) and John Edwards (six years as Senator from North Carolina). Barack's first eight years spent in the Illinois senate before his two years (and counting) of service in the U.S. Senate, should not be forgotten. Far away from the Washington spotlight, he introduced, voted on and passed bills, debated with his colleagues—something that was missing in Washington, where everything is settled in the backroom—and arduously worked to satisfy his constituents. Most important of all, he learned that how to work across the aisle, and get stuff done.

"When you come in, especially as a freshman, and work on something like ethics reform, it's not necessarily a way to endear yourself to some of the veteran members of the Illinois General Assembly," said state Sen. Kirk W. Dillard, a Republican who became a friend. "And working on issues like racial profiling was contentious, but Barack had a way both intellectually and in demeanor that defused skeptics."

http://www.obamapedia.org/page/Does+Barack+Obama+have+enough+experience+to+be+president??t=anon

Personally, I'd prefer to create the entire government out of people with no experience whatsoever...experience only gains you connections, knowledge of the seedy underbelly, ways to cover your tracks and get away with things.

If, however, you're worried about experience, I'd like to point out that 8 years of being First Lady means you have experience in only the things I listed above :D

-jB

My suspicion by now is if I said A you would say B, if I said B you would say A.

No, I agree with you occasionally. It would be nice to have an " experienced" person as President. But in the end it really doesn't matter. One man does not actually run the country anyway.

As I recall there are 4 types of Presidents and actually over the run of the country no one type is better or worse.

The 4 types are , as I recall, "hands on, active", "hands on, inactive" , Hands off active" and " hands off, inactive. Or similar types. Been for ever since I learned this stuff.

I would somewhat echo RGS. I think it's a sad state of affairs when we start looking at years in politics as a qualification for being President. What we could use is someone with no conection to politics.

The Democrats must think so or he wouldn't be doing so well in their primaries.
Once the real campaign begins, I suspect we'll all be better able to assess that.

Obama is not and will never be fit to be a Senator, or Wal*Mart guard, I wouldn't trust him with a pet.

Whenever I hear someone discount any candidate because of a vague emotional type of reason, I think partisanship, racism, or chauvinism. It is easy to prefer one over the other but when the reasons you would not vote for the person are so vague as to constitute or prove an empty mind, then you know something else is operating. Freud said the very hardest thing is to be honest with ourselves. Now tell us why you do not like Obama? or Hillary?

http://www.counterpunch.org/wise03182008.html

Come on man, he could be a Wal-mart greeter. He has the people skills.

LOL!!! that's good.:rofl: I don't believe in segregation. some of us can see right through him. Wal Mart wouldn't have him they don't believe in segregation either.

Does Barack Obama belong to a cult?
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VP9SBZxCo9Q&feature=related[/ame]

My suspicion by now is if I said A you would say B, if I said B you would say A.

Which means what? Other than you think you are the eclipse of something the rest of us are clueless about.

Whenever I hear someone discount any candidate because of a vague emotional type of reason, I think partisanship, racism, or chauvinism. It is easy to prefer one over the other but when the reasons you would not vote for the person are so vague as to constitute or prove an empty mind, then you know something else is operating. Freud said the very hardest thing is to be honest with ourselves. Now tell us why you do not like Obama? or Hillary?

http://www.counterpunch.org/wise03182008.html

What are 'vague, emotional type(sic)s) of reason? Why do you think you go to partisanship, racism, chauvinism? Could it possibly be that you are 'programmed' to do such?

Getting close to conspiracy forum...

What are 'vague, emotional type(sic)s) of reason? Why do you think you go to partisanship, racism, chauvinism? Could it possibly be that you are 'programmed' to do such?

Getting close to conspiracy forum...

A vague emotional type of reason is 'trust.' See above. Consider this hypothetical, would the same person use that type of reasoning on Bush? McCain? Clinton? Why not? Epistemology is tough stuff, what I am saying is the person is simply being a racist or partisan, not very complicated and certainly not conspiratorial, just humans reasoning as humans reason. LOL If there are 'reasons' that you don't trust someone, say so, don't be vague.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman

A is B, B is A was for RGS.

Forum List

Back