does art imitate life or does life imitate art?

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
If any of some of the most recent popular groundbreaking television dramas—with particular emphasis on those dramas which highlight the contemporary American struggles with the prison-industrial complex and personal financial desperation: i.e. Orange Is the New Black and Breaking Bad, to name but two—are in any way indicative, I'd hafta myself argue that art imitates life.

Thoughts?

According to my mind, art is to imitate the best of life. So, the aim of the art is to make people hard think about their beings and inspire them to do good deeds. But now, especially in "contemporary art", people get something another, which more likely make them worst and more entertained.

Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life~Oscar Wilde

I agree.

Art is the expression of living a human existence.
As humans we tend to imitate those thing we find attractive, but we also express those things in art.
Life - is! It does not imitate anything. Some life forms imitate items in their environment and humans express those things in art.

It becomes a matter of observation; which came first, the chicken or the egg. The scientifically correct answer is the egg. Fish and dinosaurs laid eggs long before there were any chickens. But without a chicken how could a chicken hatch from an egg?

Art tends to imitate experiences and some humans tend to imitate the art they see.

Forum List

Back