Does Anyone Wii?

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
We were thinking of getting the kids a Wii for Christmas. Does anyone here own one? What do you think of it? Do you use it much? Kids use it or did they get bored with it? Any game recommendations?

I don't own one, but at the Halloween carnival, some of the locals set up a WII booth and my boy, who is a bouncing, jumping, running bundle of energy LOVED it.

I'm thinking of getting one, too. Winter's here and it's too cold to send them outside to run off energy. At about this time of the year I start bundling them up and we start walking, because for weeks on end, it's the only outside exercise they get.

We were thinking of getting the kids a Wii for Christmas. Does anyone here own one? What do you think of it? Do you use it much? Kids use it or did they get bored with it? Any game recommendations?

My oldest won one at church. She plays it a couple of times a week. They're not too into it, but I think that is because of their ages and lack of good coordination yet.

I don't care for it too much 'cuz I like games that are a bit more violent. lol.

Once the kids get older though, I expect them to put the Wii through its paces.

If you do you better make them do stretching exercises before they play. I torn my rotator cuff really bad playing bowling on the Wii. :lol:

1.) Yes, I have a Wii.

2.) It's a fun little thing, I'm sure kids would love it even more. It's fun to play if you got a game that you can use the hand thing with.

3.) Nope, college. Haven't played it in a few months. :lol:

4.) Kids play it but it has to be a good game.

5.) Depends, what's the age?

my kids play it a lot; not endlessly, but it doesn't gather much dust either. the sports package is fun (bowling, golf, ping pong etc)

1.) Yes, I have a Wii.

2.) It's a fun little thing, I'm sure kids would love it even more. It's fun to play if you got a game that you can use the hand thing with.

3.) Nope, college. Haven't played it in a few months. :lol:

4.) Kids play it but it has to be a good game.

5.) Depends, what's the age?

Kids are your age, 19 (away at college but is home for holidays and summer), 16 and almost 13. Yeah, I am that old. lol

What are some good games?

my kids play it a lot; not endlessly, but it doesn't gather much dust either. the sports package is fun (bowling, golf, ping pong etc)

Is the sport package the one that comes with the system?

Wii? Si. My neighbor has one and every now and then I go over and bowl a couple of games with him. When he first got it, he used to play with it all the time but now that he's had it a while, he plays with it much less. It's fun and a cool thing to do now and then but like all toys, after awhile it becomes rather routine. Now, keep in mind that I am 58 and my neighbor (wife's second cousin) is 32. We're neither one in the age bracket of the gaming that kids are into these days. However, I am sure your kids would be thrilled to receive such a nice thoughtful gift - especially from somebody that loved them.

Kids are your age, 19 (away at college but is home for holidays and summer), 16 and almost 13. Yeah, I am that old. lol

What are some good games?

Modern Warfare 2

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Wii Sports

Just about any Zelda or Mario game if they like those.

Any of the Resident Evil games (if they don't own any, get #1 if possible or whatever's possible.)

If any of them are into games that are a bit slow-paced but fun, Harvest Moon is recommended. (My childhood :lol:)

The Beatles: Rock Band

The latest Madden.

Trauma Center: New Blood (a quirky fun game)

And House of the Dead.

Is the sport package the one that comes with the system?

i believe so. i only supply the cash for these kinds of purchases. :lol:

the kids do the research.

i believe so. i only supply the cash for these kinds of purchases. :lol:

the kids do the research.

Yes, Wii sports comes with the Wii. :lol:

However, you can buy more sports game now too.

Do you have to have an xbox to wii????

I thought it just plugged into the tv!

Forum List

Back