Does Anyone Watch Mythbusters?

Never heard of it, but given the name, it sounds interesting enough..

Shattered said:
Never heard of it, but given the name, it sounds interesting enough..

It's basically these two very intelligent but quirky nerds who use science to bust myths, like if your in an elevator and the cables break do you stand a chance of surviving?
Stuff like that. It's funny as hell!

dilloduck said:
My son and I love it------those dudes are wacko !!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you catch tonights episode? The exploding cement truck, and the breaking out of jail with salsa and a battery?

Bonnie said:
...like if your in an elevator and the cables break do you stand a chance of surviving?
So, do you? I'm not real fond of elevators.

Bonnie said:
Did you catch tonights episode? The exploding cement truck, and the breaking out of jail with salsa and a battery?

My favorite quotes from the show....

"Well there's your problem".....as he picks up the remnants of a piston from the now demolished cement truck.

"But this is where I parked it."

Great show, and poor poor Buster......I like when they dressed him in the Chinese attire to be shot up in to the atmosphere with "ancient" Chinese rockets!!!!!

Joz said:
So, do you? I'm not real fond of elevators.

It would depend on the type and age of the elevator. Modern elevators have brakes included, if the elevator moves too fast they automatically set and stop the elevator. Hydrolic elevators don't have cables to break, therefore there is little or no danger.

Elevators are actually the safest form of travel we use in the US. Most accidents involving elevators are from the car stopping close but not exactly at the floor, people get off without looking and trip over the step or fall when the floor is below where they think it is. Kind of like taking that last step without looking on a stairway.

Fmr jarhead said:
My favorite quotes from the show....

"Well there's your problem".....as he picks up the remnants of a piston from the now demolished cement truck.

"But this is where I parked it."

Great show, and poor poor Buster......I like when they dressed him in the Chinese attire to be shot up in to the atmosphere with "ancient" Chinese rockets!!!!!

That comment was hysterical, I laughed for ten minutes after that. I think it was they way he said it. :laugh:

Forum List

Back