Does anyone want a two year old?

Luissa you have to just deal with the messes that come with the kid advancing.

I know it sucks but sooner or later the baby bird has to be pushed out of the nest.

I'm dealing with letting my son eat his own food with a spoon. He does great with spoons and forks and all, but he still makes a mess down the front of himself. I just take his shirt off and let him go to town.
He has been eating with a spoon for awhile now, not very well but he is doing it. The best is he will hold his fork in his right hand and pick up the food with his left.

As for the milk I am pretty used to it, he has always enjoyed dumping his milk. When he was a little younger he figured out how to by pass the no spill part on the sippy cup. He likes to draw with the milk, what can I say. My mom is an artist maybe he will take after her. :D

Yeah my son used to use the rubber tip sippy cups and he'd turn it upside down and squeeze the milk out onto his high chair tray and then play in it with his hands.

Now we use the hard tips, and it's getting to be that time to start using big boy cups.

He's only a few months over 2 and he's already telling us when he has to poop. I can't wait until diapers are over!!!

Luissa you have to just deal with the messes that come with the kid advancing.

I know it sucks but sooner or later the baby bird has to be pushed out of the nest.

I'm dealing with letting my son eat his own food with a spoon. He does great with spoons and forks and all, but he still makes a mess down the front of himself. I just take his shirt off and let him go to town.
He has been eating with a spoon for awhile now, not very well but he is doing it. The best is he will hold his fork in his right hand and pick up the food with his left.

As for the milk I am pretty used to it, he has always enjoyed dumping his milk. When he was a little younger he figured out how to by pass the no spill part on the sippy cup. He likes to draw with the milk, what can I say. My mom is an artist maybe he will take after her. :D

Yeah my son used to use the rubber tip sippy cups and he'd turn it upside down and squeeze the milk out onto his high chair tray and then play in it with his hands.

Now we use the hard tips, and it's getting to be that time to start using big boy cups.

He's only a few months over 2 and he's already telling us when he has to poop. I can't wait until diapers are over!!!
I think we are to the big boy cup stage because he cries if you give him a cup with a lid.:lol:
Man they grow up fast.:(

Luissa, if your kid had swine flu, I withdraw my bid.

I don't need a kid infecting the rest of my workforce. :D

I think we are to the big boy cup stage because he cries if you give him a cup with a lid.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I thought you said 'men grow up fast'.... clearly that would have been a ridiculous thing to say. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I thought you said 'men grow up fast'.... clearly that would have been a ridiculous thing to say. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Clearly! :D :evil:

My dad is 62, my mom is slaving away in the kitchen and he is raking leaves. They never grow up.:lol:

Also, he might be coming down with something.

In that case, give him a dose of baby benadryl and say night night.

My son was always at his worst when he was getting sick, very hard to sympathize with when they're like that, but I learned to spot it as a symptom.

Meanwhile, I just got home from the hospital, my niece's kid is in the burn unit. He's about two. She was at work. Pop turned his back on him while he was in the tub. Apparently the little man turned the cold water off and burned the shit out of his back. It only takes a MINUTE, people, and the results can be tragic. He's going to be fine, but he could have died.

Love the little pikers, watch them like a hawk, don't let anyone tell you you're overprotective, and be thankful for every moment they drive you insane. Don't believe that "this too shall pass," it won't. You'll be lucky to have a hair left on your head before its through, and it isn't through until the day you die. They're worth every minute of it.

My son was always at his worst when he was getting sick, very hard to sympathize with when they're like that, but I learned to spot it as a symptom.

Meanwhile, I just got home from the hospital, my niece's kid is in the burn unit. He's about two. She was at work. Pop turned his back on him while he was in the tub. Apparently the little man turned the cold water off and burned the shit out of his back. It only takes a MINUTE, people, and the results can be tragic. He's going to be fine, but he could have died.

Love the little pikers, watch them like a hawk, don't let anyone tell you you're overprotective, and be thankful for every moment they drive you insane. Don't believe that "this too shall pass," it won't. You'll be lucky to have a hair left on your head before its through, and it isn't through until the day you die. They're worth every minute of it.

That sucks! I knew someone who had the same thing happen to them. I never leave my son even for a second when he is in the bath.
And he is worth every minute, the kid saved my life. If it wasn't for him I don't even want to think about where I would be at in my life right now. Plus he is an awesome kid. Tonight at dinner he was giving everyone hugs and kisses. :)

That sucks! I knew someone who had the same thing happen to them. I never leave my son even for a second when he is in the bath.
And he is worth every minute, the kid saved my life. If it wasn't for him I don't even want to think about where I would be at in my life right now. Plus he is an awesome kid. Tonight at dinner he was giving everyone hugs and kisses. :)

Ah, the flip side of the tt's, they're sweetest then too. Take him off the auction block Luissa, you're clearly hooked. :)

My twins saved my life too! I know what you're talking about. SO glad God gave them to me....they've been expensive, exhausting, inspiring, a hell of a lot of work, but a hell of a lot of fun. As their childhood starts drawing to a close (they'll be 15 in January) and summer jobs will be beckoning next summer, I look back on their younger days and miss my babies.

The Thanksgiving they were 2, my son had "Lamonia" (as he called it--he *knew* he was sick).

My dad doesn't let ANYONE sit in his recliner. Ever. But that Thanksgiving, Grandaddy went and got a fluffy pillow and blanket and put his firstborn grandchild (and only grandson at the time) in his recliner and showed him how to work the remote control (what a sight--LOL). :D My son stayed in Grandaddy's chair until it was time to go home. This was back when the folks still lived here in the ATL.

Anyway, later that day we tried to get him to eat....but not much in the appetite department. Until my Mom brought out her homemade yeast rolls. Gave one of these giant rolls to my son (he's a good Irish kid, he *loves* his bread and taters). He picked the giant roll up with both hands, kissed it, and dove right in. Made my Mom's day, it did!

*sigh*

My 6'2" son just came and hugged me goodnight, he said "nothin's on TV--I'm goin to bed". Where's the time go?

Watch 'em like hawks while they're little, let the house go--cleaning can wait for you to get back to it, but playing doesn't last forever. Eventually they grow up and they're bigger than you and ready to take on the world--without you. ::::sniff, sniff:::::

Ok....I'm going to bed shortly too. Nothin on TV. ;)

My twins saved my life too! I know what you're talking about. SO glad God gave them to me....they've been expensive, exhausting, inspiring, a hell of a lot of work, but a hell of a lot of fun. As their childhood starts drawing to a close (they'll be 15 in January) and summer jobs will be beckoning next summer, I look back on their younger days and miss my babies.

The Thanksgiving they were 2, my son had "Lamonia" (as he called it--he *knew* he was sick).

My dad doesn't let ANYONE sit in his recliner. Ever. But that Thanksgiving, Grandaddy went and got a fluffy pillow and blanket and put his firstborn grandchild (and only grandson at the time) in his recliner and showed him how to work the remote control (what a sight--LOL). :D My son stayed in Grandaddy's chair until it was time to go home. This was back when the folks still lived here in the ATL.

Anyway, later that day we tried to get him to eat....but not much in the appetite department. Until my Mom brought out her homemade yeast rolls. Gave one of these giant rolls to my son (he's a good Irish kid, he *loves* his bread and taters). He picked the giant roll up with both hands, kissed it, and dove right in. Made my Mom's day, it did!

*sigh*

My 6'2" son just came and hugged me goodnight, he said "nothin's on TV--I'm goin to bed". Where's the time go?

Watch 'em like hawks while they're little, let the house go--cleaning can wait for you to get back to it, but playing doesn't last forever. Eventually they grow up and they're bigger than you and ready to take on the world--without you. ::::sniff, sniff:::::

Ok....I'm going to bed shortly too. Nothin on TV. ;)
My dad has also been pretty good with my son also, my parents for one help me out a lot. My son is also a good irish boy, I have enough irish in me to have redish curly hair but his dad is half Irish so my son of course is so white he is almost transparent.:lol: And he has the temper to top it off.

Forum List

Back