Does anyone remember "Love American Style" 70s sitcom?

I think I got most of my insights on dating girls from this show. It was super cheesy, but somehow awesome.

I remember it vaguely because it was on before I was old enough to start remembering a lot of what I saw on TV. Gotta love the 70's. Just caught an old "Match Game" show with Charles Nelson Reilly and Phyllis Diller on it.

I think I got most of my insights on dating girls from this show. It was super cheesy, but somehow awesome.

I do.....one of those innocent shows from the 70s....

How about the show with Sally Field where she could read minds? Anyone remember that one?

How about the show with Sally Field where she could read minds? Anyone remember that one?

I don't remember watching this but I had to look it up.

"The Girl With Something Extra"......all these 70's gems. :)

I remember one episode plot....her husband had to have his friends buy her a birthday present because he couldn't do it without her knowing what it was......

She was in another show....That Girl?

If one remembers movies from the 1920s and 1930s and 40s........you bet one remembers the 70s and "Love American Style"

I remember one episode plot....her husband had to have his friends buy her a birthday present because he couldn't do it without her knowing what it was......

I thought that was Marlo Thomas (That Girl).
She was in The Flying Nun and Gidget in the 60's. (Sally Field).

Last edited:

I remember That Girl. Marlo Thomas and her boyfriend Donald (?).

I thought that was Marlo Thomas (That Girl).
She was in The Flying Nun and Gidget in the 60's. (Sally Field).

Oh yeah...sorry.

I don't remember that one, maybe it didn't run a lot of seasons?

Anyone remember The BJ and the Dirty Dragon afternoon show......? Did it get any viewership outside of Chicago and the midwest? Ray Reinor?

I vaguely remember it. It does have the distinction of having one of their episodes spin off into Happy Days.

I also vaguely remember being aware of it. I don't remember ever watching any episode of it, but I do have some memory of what its theme song sounded like.

I never realized that Happy Days was a spin-off from it or anything else, though I am aware that it spawned quite a few spin-offs, a few of them rather artificial (as in, a character was introduced on Happy Days just to set that character up for a show of his own).

Happy Days is also the show from which the term jump the shark originated, as an expression referring to the point where a show has outlived its premise, and its usefulness, and it's past time to retire it. It came from an episode in which the Fonzie character literally jumped, on water skis, over a shark; with that being marked as the moment that marked the beginning of the end for that show.

hd_winkler_waterskis-h_2018.jpg

Forum List

Back