Does anyone on here pay for a tutor for their child?

If so, I am curious to what you pay them per hour.

Thanks!

What subject?

Anything dealing with academics.

Gotcha.

I was just asking because my mother is thinking about tutoring when she retires from teaching. Her nascent business plan is to charge $30 a session, with a session lasting about an hour and a half, once a week, with about 5 kids at a time. More home schooling type of thing. She figures that if she can get about 3 groups of 5 going she can keep her feet wet in teaching, while at the same time earn enough pin money to keep her in quilting supplies.

edit: her subject is high school mathematics... calculus, trig, etc.

Last edited:
Twenty five for an hour, mostly science subjects, is what some of the teachers in family charge. They like cash too, for the obvious reason.

If so, I am curious to what you pay them per hour.

Thanks!

I have been fortunate and have not. My son takes after his mother and is a straight A student......well, an occasional B here and there in some pre-AP courses. He is too smart for his own good as he has not really learned how to study. He hasn't brought any homework home since about 7th grade and he will be entering his senior year this coming fall. Lack of study habits is going to kick his butt when he heads to college.

Forum List

Back