CDZ Does anyone on here believe America has much of a future?

I really do not like being a pessimist...perhaps someone can put forth a persuasive argument regarding how America will get back on track and become once again a great nation?

America is fine. Just because we are not as aggressive militarily and nationalistically as we were in the past does not mean we are somehow on our knees. It will take a few years to recover from the current administration, but we will get there.

And Venezuela "is just fine"....say Communists

This is what our darling snowflake twinkletoes fail to grasp (or know and savor).....the world is moving on and has it's own agendas & intentions.......as the left works relentlessly to weaken the US.

China's military has strength to replace US as world's superpower
China's military has strength to replace US as world's superpower: Gen. Keane

The Left is setting up the US and the entire West for a very dark day of reckoning.....and they couldn't be happier. Fools working hard to give up everything and live like 4th worlders.
History will someday prove that at a time when action was mandatory and critical, good men did ......nothing. History repeats.
You know what they say about hindsight.

I am fine with the US being replaced at the the head of the military-industrial complex...of course it would be hard to see how they would pass us since they depend on technology they steal from the US to play catch-up.

Prudent parents are enrolling their git in Mandarin classes.
---------------------------------------- Makes sense to me though i only speak English but 'mandarin' is a good choice for the future if --- who knows eh HHough

America's greatest days are still ahead of us.

What kind of track record do you have. Have you ever been right about anything?

I seem to remember you said hillary would win?

In fact I think all the liberals said that.

Since The US has a flexible constitution, it can adapt when needed. And Darwin said it is survival of the fittest-or most adaptable to the environment that endure. Look at the changes since the first president-imagine what another 45 will bring. No, a snickers bar is not a nickel anymore, but nobody I know now has polio either.

I agree that America was on a dangerous trajectory before Trump won. I am optimistic that his unconventional approach to just about everything is exactly what America needed.

Our border needs help in all aspects, not just beefing up the physical wall. I also think we may have to send troops to Mexico's Southern border to let Central America know the bullshit is going to stop now.

We need to team up with Mexico and begin an all out war on the drug cartels....and set up a land distribution program so that poor mexicans will have enough land to engage at least in subsistence farming.

We have neglected Mexico tooooo long....we must insist they take needed reforms to improve the lives of their poor...aka eliminate the corruption and if anyone deserves foreign aid it is mexico....it would all be as much for our benefit as theirs.

Once the wall is up and 11 million deported, we can help these people. Right now the money is going for extra expenses in the US, and the money gets sent out anyway.

America's greatest days are still ahead of us.

I seem to remember you said hillary would win?

In fact I think all the liberals said that.

I never said that, and I’m certainly not a liberal. Now, why don’t you get back on topic?

Here, I’ll help you:

Spineless, panicked defeatism about the United States of America is absolutely NOT a conservative position.

I agree that America was on a dangerous trajectory before Trump won. I am optimistic that his unconventional approach to just about everything is exactly what America needed.

Our border needs help in all aspects, not just beefing up the physical wall. I also think we may have to send troops to Mexico's Southern border to let Central America know the bullshit is going to stop now.

We need to team up with Mexico and begin an all out war on the drug cartels....and set up a land distribution program so that poor mexicans will have enough land to engage at least in subsistence farming.

We have neglected Mexico tooooo long....we must insist they take needed reforms to improve the lives of their poor...aka eliminate the corruption and if anyone deserves foreign aid it is mexico....it would all be as much for our benefit as theirs.

:lmao: Textbook communist insanity! Even the ghosts of Lenin, Mao, and Chavez are shaking their heads in hell. Wannabe communists just can’t let go of “this time it’ll work!” no matter how many people starve to death each time.

:lmao: Textbook communist insanity! Even the ghosts of Lenin, Mao, and Chavez are shaking their heads in hell. Wannabe communists just can’t let go of “this time it’ll work!” no matter how many people starve to death each time.

Going after the drug cartels is communist? I would never have known that.

Now I do agree 'land redistribution' smacks of totalitarianism....not communism. Under communism there is no private property...the state owns everything.

Mexico essentially is a failed state...If I were the great dictator I would send the military down there....and institute a new government.

Anyhow....in such a state of affairs as exists in Mexico...radical measures must be taken...the first is to make sure the poor mexicans have some land to grow their own food.

One can hardly blame a starving people for wanting to head to greener pastures.

I really do not like being a pessimist...perhaps someone can put forth a persuasive argument regarding how America will get back on track and become once again a great nation?
What is not "great" about right now?
Did you know that in Ancient Rome during its most powerful, as it expanded its boundaries and ruled the known world, that 1/3 of Romans were unemployed and on welfare? The government handed out grain to keep them happy. People from all over their conquered territories (diversity, Mac) were flocking to Rome. Multiple languages were spoken and many religions were tolerated. They were the greatest empire in the West, probably the world, at that time.

What you are grousing about does not make us un-great.

Did you know that in Ancient Rome during its most powerful, as it expanded its boundaries and ruled the known world, that 1/3 of Romans were unemployed and on welfare? The government handed out grain to keep them happy. People from all over their conquered territories (diversity, Mac) were flocking to Rome. Multiple languages were spoken and many religions were tolerated. They were the greatest empire in the West, probably the world, at that time.

Care to explain why the Roman Empire collapsed?

I think you are right on a couple of things....but definitely wrong about withdrawing from one of the worst deals in history....obamas iran deal.....absolutely repugnant.

We definitely must protect our borders...I am not completely sold on the wall but if it helps o.k. then I would be for it...I just think there are too many ways to get around over or under it. But if used in conjunction withother things it might prove useful....it is more of a symbol I think though than anything else...a drawing of the line so to speak...this far and no further.

China has a lot of problems so I would not bet on them too much. If the U.S. falls apart I do think some power will step in and as someone suggested we will become a vassal state with all that implies and most people will suffer tremendously.

The elites will probably do fine...as puppets and collaborators with whoever takes over.

Russia is just too inept to govern the world...I see some kind of European confederation likely aligned with Islam that will control the Western World.

I really do not see a big war...more likely just small military actions as needed to finish off America as a world power.
I never thought much of the Iran Nuclear Agreement but I think it is far better than nothing. Maybe the agreement should have contain more, but Iran has lived up to the terms of the agreement. Trump predicated dropping out of the treaty on creating a far better deal, which has not happened and is very unlikely to in the future. He also thought it would encourage other signers such as China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, Germany, and the EU to do the same. None have. As the US trade war with China has escalated, China's trade with Iran has increased significantly taking exception to US sanctions. In short, the only thing the US has got out cancelling the deal is reapplying the sanctions that for 30 years failed to prevent a military build up in Iran and the development of nuclear weapons.

When Trump withdrew from the TPP, he said he would create unilateral agreements with these fast growing economies, which has not happened. Worst yet, China is now in process of joining the TPP which will position them in a leadership role in the fastest growing markets in the world, effectively shutting out the US.

Last edited:

What's happening in Mexico is a result of failed American's drug policy. We can not look to Mexico to solve the US drug problem. The reason drugs are coming to the US is not because Mexico just one day randomly decided to send them here. It’s because there’s a huge demand for the drugs in the US. That demand creates a major drug market for criminal organizations, which drug cartels are readily tap into.

There is a concept known as the “profit paradox.” One of the primary goals of the drug war is to make drugs more expensive by limiting their supply; the idea is that a drug habit is much more difficult to sustain if drugs are more expensive. But this also makes drugs immensely profitable. The war on drugs has increased the price of drugs from production to sale in the US by as much as 10 times. This creates a paradox in which drugs are less affordable and accessible, but the drugs that are sold are enormously profitable for criminal organizations, despite all the trouble of smuggling the substances through Latin America and into the US. So drug cartels keep shipping drugs to the US, despite the risks of military and law enforcement action.

Drug addicts in the US find themselves unable to meet their bodies demand for drugs, so they steal more and kill more to maintain their habit. Tightening the drug market increases drug related crime.

The increase price has also increased the potency of drugs and overdose deaths. It has also lead to new sources of supply, the American pharmaceutical industry and drug shipments from Asia.

We can spend hundreds of billions trying to eradicate the cartels in Mexico and they will just move to Guatemala, other Central American countries, or the Caribbean just as they did in Columbia. Until America finds a way to deal with demand, we will not find any solution the American drug problem.

Last edited:

Care to explain why the Roman Empire collapsed?
It's complicated. It wasn't because of diversity.

Going after the drug cartels is communist? I would never have known that.

Now I do agree 'land redistribution' smacks of totalitarianism....not communism. Under communism there is no private property...the state owns everything.

Mexico essentially is a failed state...If I were the great dictator I would send the military down there....and institute a new government.

Anyhow....in such a state of affairs as exists in Mexico...radical measures must be taken...the first is to make sure the poor mexicans have some land to grow their own food.

One can hardly blame a starving people for wanting to head to greener pastures.
------------------------------------- the invaders should be repulsed by Military and Military force Mac .

Forum List

Back