Does anyone like the Baucus bill?

How do you feel about the Baucus Bill?

• I'm on the left and it has potential.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no opinion, but I like to vote in internet polls.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-miA_AA3JA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Countdown: Wendell Potter on BaucusBill: "Surely we can come up with something better than this."[/ame]

The Seminal Watercooler: Wendell Potter on the Baucus bill - “Surely we can come up with something better than this.”

It seems to me no one supports the Baucus Health Care Bill.

You're right. The right hates it because they're opposed to any sort of reform and the left hates it because the bill is structured in such a way that it dodges addressing a lot of issues in the spirit of compromise.

You're right. The right hates it because they're opposed to any sort of reform and the left hates it because the bill is structured in such a way that it dodges addressing a lot of issues in the spirit of compromise.

This is the republican sponsored bill--so I don't get where you state the "right" hates it because they against any type of reform?---:cuckoo:

The left hates it--because they will have to pay for their own medical insurance. After all, they were told repeatedly that medical care would be "free," or paid for by someone else---:lol:

This is the republican sponsored bill--so I don't get where you state the "right" hates it because they against any type of reform?---:cuckoo:
Max Baucus is a Democrat...

It's supposed to be "bi-partisan". I heard they have 547 amendments so far, and it's such a "moving target" that the OMB can't put a price tag on it.

I've said this a dozen times. Why don't they do this piece meal and settle the easy stuff first? We all want pre-existing conditions to be covered and not have people dropped if they get sick. Why can't they just take care of that first?

It's supposed to be "bi-partisan". I heard they have 547 amendments so far, and it's such a "moving target" that the OMB can't put a price tag on it.

I've said this a dozen times. Why don't they do this piece meal and settle the easy stuff first? We all want pre-existing conditions to be covered and not have people dropped if they get sick. Why can't they just take care of that first?

That's probably what it's going to come down to...

Pity.

I am against it because there is NO CHOICE in the bill...we are FORCED to buy our insurance from insurance companies...

THERE IS NO COMPETITION in almost all states!

There is ONE insurance company that covers 70% of the people covered in your state on average....

In maine the ONE INSURER that we have covers 85% of the people that have insurance, and mattand i can not afford to buy a policy from them because for 2 people with no sicknesses and no medicines to take, it is $25,000 A YEAR for the policy...

CAN YOU COMPREHEND THAT?

And with this mandate to buy insurance, it;ll probably give Anthem Blue Shield 95% of all mainers with a policy with them...

HOW IS THIS COMPETITION TO BRING PRICES DOWN? HOW?

We MUST HAVE the Public Option and the Coop option, yes BOTH, to COMPETE with the Insurance industry THAT HAS BEEN HANDED A GIFT HORSE.

Prices for insurance can ONLY GO UP with the Baucus bill... :(

New Topics

Forum List

Back