Does Anyone Know Why A Mosque Is Still On The Temple Mount?

That's right.

Give Israel an excuse to nuke them out of existence.

But this time the Gulf States would also joining the fight against Israel.

Saudi Arabia for instant, has a modern air force of top American fighter jets and its pilots have been trained by the US Air Force and Navy.

Egypt also has a very large American equipped Air Force.

And so does Kuwaite and the UAE

So this time Israel would not be fighting against inferior Mig's and poorly trained pilots as in the past

The Gulf states? I hate to break it to you Sunni but those Militaries are 4th rate at best, sure the Saudis and Kuwaitis have US equipment and some training but overall they are a very poor Military force, the Israelis would scorch them even without any help from us. The Iranians have the best Military outside of the US and Israel in the region, along with the Turks if you want to count them.

Pakistan has a top notch military that has rescued us on numerous occasions when we got into some trouble in that region. Not that I think they are going to attack Israel, but do not underestimate them.

The country of Afghanistan belongs to the Afghan people.

If they decided that they did not want idols defiling their nation.

Then it was their right to get rid of them. :cool:

You know, you're right. It reminds me of what I've said since immediately after 9/11. Bush should have rounded up every muslim in the US and deported them. Then he should have announced to the world that anyone of Arab descent or from nations X, Y and Z wh otries to enter the US for any reason, tourist, work, medical, education, etc. will be held and returned to their country of origin immediately. Until those nations police the terrorist elements existing in their nation and eradicate it, there will be no diplomatic or trade ties with those nations. When they feel they are ready to reenter civilized society, we can set down and talk. That would have been our right just like them getting rid of idols. Had we done that, we wouldn't be getting groped to get on airplanes.

Well, I am amazed that I have to say this, but thank god Bush was smarter than you.

You can see the Golden dome of a Muslim place of worship from miles away, but I bet very few know why Israelis allow it to remain on the holiest place in Israel. It's like allowing a mosque to be built at Ground Zero, or even worse a Star of David at Mecca.

Why do they tolerate such a thing if the Jews are so evil?

Because God says it's OK.

As for Al Aksa, it has been there long enough that it is a historic/cultural landmark. It stays. Its destruction would be the kind of barbarism that western cultures should not be engaging in. People just have to learn to get along and deal with sharing mutually religious significant geography.

I agree. But I also think that Israel should be able to control the area without worrying about a third intifadeh (though that may have already started) or force the local Muslim council to open it up to everyone. It isn't fair that it is open to Muslims only. I also think that the local Muslim council should be fined everytime an asshole throws rocks from the area at Jewish soldiers, travelers, etc...if they cannot (or will not) police their own area, Israel will have to do it for them...and they bitch when we do that.

The third intefadeh had nothing to do with what Israel was doing to the Temple Mount. It was just an excuse to give the Western media. That intefadeh really was the beginnings of a Palestinian civil war taking a violent turn. The Pal factions were using Israeli reprisals as a way to build up "juice" within the communities.

I think you misunderstand. The Second intifadeh was 'after' Sharon visited the Temple Mount (even though it was a preplanned propoganda ploy).

The 'third' intifadeh is what's going on at the moment - if it will indeed be called that. Rockets are probably raining on southern Israel right now.

You can see the Golden dome of a Muslim place of worship from miles away, but I bet very few know why Israelis allow it to remain on the holiest place in Israel. It's like allowing a mosque to be built at Ground Zero, or even worse a Star of David at Mecca.

Why do they tolerate such a thing if the Jews are so evil?

Gee Mud, I know you will reveal all in good time. Until then I'd say its because it is a damned good money making tourist attraction!~

But this time the Gulf States would also joining the fight against Israel.

Saudi Arabia for instant, has a modern air force of top American fighter jets and its pilots have been trained by the US Air Force and Navy.

Egypt also has a very large American equipped Air Force.

And so does Kuwaite and the UAE

So this time Israel would not be fighting against inferior Mig's and poorly trained pilots as in the past

The Gulf states? I hate to break it to you Sunni but those Militaries are 4th rate at best, sure the Saudis and Kuwaitis have US equipment and some training but overall they are a very poor Military force, the Israelis would scorch them even without any help from us. The Iranians have the best Military outside of the US and Israel in the region, along with the Turks if you want to count them.

Pakistan has a top notch military that has rescued us on numerous occasions when we got into some trouble in that region. Not that I think they are going to attack Israel, but do not underestimate them.

Boy please, Pakistans Military is hardly "top notch" the Israelis would scorch them.

You mean people who have never actually engaged in a real conflict on the winning side since 1918. Arabs still can't fight for shit unless the targets are civilians.

Frankly what it comes down to is Israel is a westernized country with ties to the US and Europe. It won't do any such thing for the same reason why Gaza and the West Bank has not been napalmed to hell. Because it would piss off their valuable allies, cause economic isolation and do nothing for them. There is nothing in it for them.

The Gulf Arab states Militaries are useless, if it were for not the US, they would be part of Iraq right now, which is why the US Military stayed in Saudi Arabia until we overthrew Saddam, and why we are STILL in Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and Qatar until this day. If the Gulf states had what it takes to take down the Israelis, it would already be done.
I once lived by a U.S. military base where Saudi Arabian and Kuwaiti pilots were trained.

They went through the exact same two year course as the Americans pilots.

In fact they trained together and flew together.

Of course you will find a few exemplary soldiers in those Militaries but for the most part they are antiquities, let us not forget Iraq invaded Kuwait in 5 hours and were on their way to Saudi Arabia which when we got involved.

That was 20 years ago.

Things have dramatically changed since then.

The Gulf States Air Force and Army has been trained by the United States military.

These are highly motivated and very intelligent people.

Not illiterate and uneducated farmers from Afghanistan.

I once met a guy from Kuwaite Army who had just graduated from U.S. Seal Team training.

Last edited:
That was 20 years ago.

Things have dramatically changed since then.

The Gulf States Air Force and Army has been trained by the United States military.

These are highly motivated and very intelligent people.

Not illiterate and uneducated farmers from Afghanistan.

I once met a guy from Kuwaite Army who had just graduated from U.S. Seal Team training.

Sure Sunni you will see guys like that, we train Soldiers from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, etc all the time however the bulk of their infantry is incompetent and unreliable. There are still US Military bases there because they pretty much have us there as a back up in case they get attacked. If you compare the average Kuwaiti or Saudi Soldier to the average Israeli Soldier its really no match, those guys don't stand a chance going head up against the Israelis. Hell the Israeli commandos are so good, our guys go to them for training.:eek:

I agreed with the Taliban blowing up the statues of Buddha in Afghanistan.

There was not one single Buddhist person who lived in Afghanistan.

The statues were idols and deflied the Muslim country.

o dont be an idiot...the statues were works of art.....just plain stupid to blow up art

The Taliban announced several months in advance that they were going to blow them up.

Plus it was all over the national and world news.

The United Nations or one of the rich Buddhist nations should have stepped up and paid the Taliban for the statues and the right to relocate them.

But none of them did.

So I guess the statues really wern't important to the Buddhists or Buddhism. :cool:

What would you do with the American citizens who are Muslim?

I'm talking about people who were born in America or American's who converted to Islam?

Where would you deport them to?

Hmmmm, I don't know. Perhaps we can take a cue from Saudi Arabia and how they might treat a Saudi woman who would dare to drive a car or wear a dress. You know, Saudi Arabia doesn't allow anyone into their country without sponsorship don't you. I can't just book a flight and go there. Why shouldn't the US treat others as they are treated? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. They don't want infidels on their sacred soil and we don't want terrorists on ours. Rather than go to the trouble of sorting them out, we could just take the same broad brush approach and let them do their own policing until we are satisfied with their efforts.

The country of Afghanistan belongs to the Afghan people.

If they decided that they did not want idols defiling their nation.

Then it was their right to get rid of them. :cool:

You know, you're right. It reminds me of what I've said since immediately after 9/11. Bush should have rounded up every muslim in the US and deported them. Then he should have announced to the world that anyone of Arab descent or from nations X, Y and Z wh otries to enter the US for any reason, tourist, work, medical, education, etc. will be held and returned to their country of origin immediately. Until those nations police the terrorist elements existing in their nation and eradicate it, there will be no diplomatic or trade ties with those nations. When they feel they are ready to reenter civilized society, we can set down and talk. That would have been our right just like them getting rid of idols. Had we done that, we wouldn't be getting groped to get on airplanes.

Well, I am amazed that I have to say this, but thank god Bush was smarter than you.

Really? You enjoy getting a finger up your ass to fly somewhere on vacation in your own country? Why does that happen? Because 19 Islamic terrorist hijacked a plane......not 82 year old grandmothers or 5 year old children. Remove the threat, remove the problem. If we don't have young muslim men flying on our planes, we have less of a threat. Don't we?

I'm talking about people who were born in America or American's who converted to Islam?

Hmmmm, I don't know. Perhaps we can take a cue from Saudi Arabia and how they might treat a Saudi woman who would dare to drive a car or wear a dress. You know, Saudi Arabia doesn't allow anyone into their country without sponsorship don't you. I can't just book a flight and go there. Why shouldn't the US treat others as they are treated? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. They don't want infidels on their sacred soil and we don't want terrorists on ours. Rather than go to the trouble of sorting them out, we could just take the same broad brush approach and let them do their own policing until we are satisfied with their efforts.

The funnest thing about that whole saga, is the Saudis are our government's great pals while at the same time we pretend like we care about the citizens in Libya.

And the cycle continues

Pieces of a new temple are supposedly in storage waiting for the go ahead to rebuild it.

Why not do it?

Why even wait?

What is Hamas or anyone else gonna do to them that already hasn't been done?

(See what I quoted in red, if you like...)

I don't know how or when things are going to happen, and there are alot of theological theories...but I just base it on God's timing. Or rather, what He allows and when.

I find this an interesting read and of course many scriptures that talk about the "end". I don't know when, don't know how...and I'm not saying I know for sure the following will happen as such.... but "the end" will happen according to the scriptures. I don't think there's a soul on this earth who could tell us how to "fix" ourselves - that is, without being a dictator themselves by wiping out those in a different faith, race, etc. We need help.

It's not fear-mongering - its reality. We've had war since the beginning, and it'll end that way. It's called sin. We all have it, and we need help. Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior told us what will happen, and if we look at the world around us...just a matter of time.

Surviving the end times - what do I need to know? <-- LINK

For three and a half years, the Antichrist will reign over the earth with a false peace being promised, but a peace that is nothing but a trap for the people of the earth as the Bible says: &#8220;While they are saying, &#8216;Peace and safety!&#8217; then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape&#8221; (1 Thessalonians 5:3). Wars, earthquakes, famines, and more will escalate (cf. Matthew 24:7) until the end Antichrist&#8217;s 3.5-year reign, when he will enter a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself to be God and demand worship (cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24: 15). It is at that point that the Creator and true God responds to the challenge. For another 3.5 years, a Great Tribulation will occur such as has never before come upon the earth, one which the prophets and Jesus predicted: &#8220;For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short&#8221; (Matthew 24:21&#8211;22).

What Does the Bible say will happen in the End Times?

Sadly, the Bible predicts a downward spiral of catastrophes, human sin, and religious apostasy before Christ returns. Paul writes, &#8220;But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. . . . evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived&#8221; (2 Timothy 3:1, 13). The world will continue to reject God, His Word, and His people.

Some day in the future &#8211; a day no one knows &#8211; God will end the Church age which began in the first century on Pentecost (cf. Acts 2) with an event known as the Rapture. This will be when God removes all believers in Christ from the earth in preparation for His final judgments. Of the Rapture, Paul says, &#8220;For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.&#8221; (1 Thessalonians 4:14&#8211;18).

Last edited:
What's common in all of Asia is to see temples built over mosques over churches over shrines.

Many different religions claim the same spot as holy to their religion.

At our mosque there is an American Muslim woman who's ancestors came over on the Mayflower.

Her lineage goes back 14 generations.

She is also a member of D.A.R. ( Daughters of the American Revolution )

Because her ancestors fought during the American Revolution.

Would you also deport her.?

If so, where to ??

I agree. But I also think that Israel should be able to control the area without worrying about a third intifadeh (though that may have already started) or force the local Muslim council to open it up to everyone. It isn't fair that it is open to Muslims only. I also think that the local Muslim council should be fined everytime an asshole throws rocks from the area at Jewish soldiers, travelers, etc...if they cannot (or will not) police their own area, Israel will have to do it for them...and they bitch when we do that.

The third intefadeh had nothing to do with what Israel was doing to the Temple Mount. It was just an excuse to give the Western media. That intefadeh really was the beginnings of a Palestinian civil war taking a violent turn. The Pal factions were using Israeli reprisals as a way to build up "juice" within the communities.

I think you misunderstand. The Second intifadeh was 'after' Sharon visited the Temple Mount (even though it was a preplanned propoganda ploy).

The 'third' intifadeh is what's going on at the moment - if it will indeed be called that. Rockets are probably raining on southern Israel right now.

It is still related to the warring factions of the Palestinians. Remember Hamas took over Gaza in an wave of violence akin to the baptism scene of the Godfather. There is a lot of animosity. Both want to appear that they are giving a united front against Israel for the sake of their foreign supporters.

Both factions are beholden to interests less interested in a Palestinian state or peace but having a hostile Israel constantly under siege. Hamas has Iran as its sugar daddy and Fatah has the Arab League.

Forum List

Back