Does anyone here understand the "other side?"

With that as history, you would think Israel would have had its share of oppression. Instead, it seeks to oppress others. Things are much different in Middle East countries than in the United States. It's a different society and a different form of government. Too many American people believe that all countries should operate like this country does. Different countries operate in different ways.
Syria has state policies that are enforced by the ruling party. There are not democratic elections in Syria as there are in Western countries. Many Syrians feel "the heat" on all sides. If they disagree with the government, with Muslim religion, with resistance to terrorist factions.
Israel is far from a peace loving nation. Everyone would love to see Hizbollah and Hamas driven out of existance. If they are replaced by Israeli rule, the results would be just as oppressive. I see Israel as no worse than other terrorist faction. If Israel wants peace, it can negotiate peace. If Israel wages war, it deserves the direst of consequences.

rtwngAvngr said:
Actually karl, this is factually incorrect. Jews are welcome in america. It's just not good enough. They want what god promised them. This is religious-based nationalism, bad for everyone else, fine for the jews.
No, during World War II, Jews fleeing persecution in Europe were turned away.

KarlMarx said:
No, during World War II, Jews fleeing persecution in Europe were turned away.
But that's not the situaion now, is it? And SOME were allowed here. It's simply not the case that unless jews have israel, they have no place to go.

Perhaps Israel should think of that while it is continuing its barbaric practices. It is ultimately endangering its own existance.

KatarinaZ said:
Perhaps Israel should think of that while it is continuing its barbaric practices. It is ultimately endangering its own existance.
A conflict could result in that yes but again that country have lived under that pressure during their whole time as an independent country. So i dont think that is anything new to them. Myself think it is pretty stoopid to been involved in a two front war, and i somehow can understand why they react to the Hezbollah provocations as they did.

Relay said:
A conflict could result in that yes but again that country have lived under that pressure during their whole time as an independent country. So i dont think that is anything new to them. Myself think it is pretty stoopid to been involved in a two front war, and i somehow can understand why they react to the Hezbollah provocations as they did.

Israel had won wars they fought when they were completely surrounded. Now they are armed better than they ever have been thanks to the American taxpayer. If you think they can't win this one you're crazy. Their only weakness is a WMD. The first WMD to hit them better be good because ther WILL retaliate and not with conventional weapons. I pity the fool.

KatarinaZ said:
With that as history, you would think Israel would have had its share of oppression. Instead, it seeks to oppress others. Things are much different in Middle East countries than in the United States. It's a different society and a different form of government. Too many American people believe that all countries should operate like this country does. Different countries operate in different ways.
Syria has state policies that are enforced by the ruling party. There are not democratic elections in Syria as there are in Western countries. Many Syrians feel "the heat" on all sides. If they disagree with the government, with Muslim religion, with resistance to terrorist factions.
Israel is far from a peace loving nation. Everyone would love to see Hizbollah and Hamas driven out of existance. If they are replaced by Israeli rule, the results would be just as oppressive. I see Israel as no worse than other terrorist faction. If Israel wants peace, it can negotiate peace. If Israel wages war, it deserves the direst of consequences.

Your viewpoint is one-sided. Israel has TRIED to negotiate peace. In response, they get rocket attacks.

And somebody better wake you and your Middle Eastern brethren up .... Israel isn't suffering ANY consequences of mention. The only thing your terrorist organizations are accomplishing is getting its own people killed. REAL smart.

Finally, Israel has not sought to rule anyone that I am aware of. Israel wants to exist. Apparantly, people who think like YOU won't allow that to happen.

Israel has had past governments which attempted to broker peace agreements. Some have succeeded. Ultimately, all have fallen victim to hardliners who do not want peace. There are those factions within Israel that want a military conclusion to these threats. Ultimately, these are the leaders that usually end up in control.
There can be no peace in the Middle East as long as outside countries meddle in their affairs. The United States has been involved in this for more than two decades. Installing the Shah of Iran directly led to the rise of Muslim extremism in that country. The U.S. then switched sides and provided Iraq with a large amount of financial and military resources. Mr. Hussein's government was allied with the U.S. for quite some time.
Decades of such continual interference stirred the pot of Islamic extremism. The pot finally boiled over on Sept. 11, 2001. I find it to be quite appalling that so many people blame Mr. Bush for the Sept. 11 attacks. The rise of terrorism can be traced back to the administration of Mr. Reagan, who was blissfully unaware that he was inciting a generation of terrorists.

The United States government can play a large role in bringing peace to the Middle East. It can withdraw from the area, then play a role in negotiating a cease fire. There is nothing further to be gained from the U.S. remaining in Iraq. Whatever happens will happen, whether it be next week or 10 years from now.

KatarinaZ said:
Israel has had past governments which attempted to broker peace agreements. Some have succeeded. Ultimately, all have fallen victim to hardliners who do not want peace. There are those factions within Israel that want a military conclusion to these threats. Ultimately, these are the leaders that usually end up in control.
There can be no peace in the Middle East as long as outside countries meddle in their affairs. The United States has been involved in this for more than two decades. Installing the Shah of Iran directly led to the rise of Muslim extremism in that country. The U.S. then switched sides and provided Iraq with a large amount of financial and military resources. Mr. Hussein's government was allied with the U.S. for quite some time.
Decades of such continual interference stirred the pot of Islamic extremism. The pot finally boiled over on Sept. 11, 2001. I find it to be quite appalling that so many people blame Mr. Bush for the Sept. 11 attacks. The rise of terrorism can be traced back to the administration of Mr. Reagan, who was blissfully unaware that he was inciting a generation of terrorists.

The United States government can play a large role in bringing peace to the Middle East. It can withdraw from the area, then play a role in negotiating a cease fire. There is nothing further to be gained from the U.S. remaining in Iraq. Whatever happens will happen, whether it be next week or 10 years from now.

The bolded statement is correct, but the hardliners who don't want peace are called Hamas and Hezbollah. Every time Israel tries to broker peace, these jackasses blow up school busses.

KatarinaZ said:

It is obvious that you are partisan in your views. You call yourself an American yet you are obviously not.

It is also apparent that you are naive. If you think for one minute that Islamic fanatacism/terrorism did not exist before Reagan or that there have been successful peace negotiations between Israel and neighboring states then you truly are living in an insular world.

The only time Israel can negotiate is AFTER they crush their opponents. Then the Arab terrorist states beg for peace; notice that said states have no intention of keeping the peace, they are merely buying time to rebuild and reconstitute so they can attack Israel again. As for hardliners, I would have to call the leaders of Israel's enemies such as Syria, Iran, etc....Muslim extremists and some of them even terrorists!

KatarinaZ said:

Ultimately, peace has always fallen victim to hardliner Arabs who believe Israel does not have a right to exist. I guess that should include Arab Americans who hold that viewpoint, as you are living proof they exist.

There will be no peace in the Middle East as long as Arabs accept extremists speaking and acting on their behalf.

Yeah right. Withdraw so that we aren't a thorn in the side of bunch of murdering scumbags. I have a better option the US also can choose:

Blow that sandbox and everything in it to Hell since it is nothing more than a den of ill-behaved, megalomaniacal religious zealots who presume to consider themselves so great that no one but Arabs can step foot on their precious soil. Arabs, not Israel, the US, nor any other Nation are the biggest threat to world peace. They are the ones waging again, and getting their asses waxed again, a war of genocide.

That makes them wrong, and YOU wrong for taking their side.

I am an American of Syrian heritage. I want what is best for both countries that I am proud to represent.
Mr. Gunny, it is views like yours that inspire and fan the flames of Muslim extremism. Your own viable solution is war and destruction. Did you learn nothing from Sept. 11? Viewpoints like yours are what led to the Sept. 11 attacks. The continued hate and venomosity, the continued wish for territorial expansion. Can you not see how that is threatening?

Blow that sandbox and everything in it to Hell since it is nothing more than a den of ill-behaved, megalomaniacal religious zealots who presume to consider themselves so great that no one but Arabs can step foot on their precious soil.

Do we not feel the same way about the United States? We want no foreign power to step foot on our soil. We wish no foreign power to hold any power over our government? Every American citizens wants this and believes this.
Yet you feel that Arab countries do not have the same right? Syria wants the right to run its country the way it chooses. So do other countries. Why should any country feel it has the right to control the destiny of another country?
I am neither a Muslim or a Christian. It is not my right to choose which is right and which is wrong. Apparently many of Mr. Bush's followers feel they have that right. Current members of Mr. Bush's parties believe they have a right to eradicate Islam, much as past American governments felt that had a right to control the rights of women and African Americans.
There has to be tolerance shown at some points. Otherwise, the lessons of Sept. 11 and Iraq will not be learned. And all those deaths will be in vain. Continued hate will certainly lead to more random slaughter.

KatarinaZ said:
I am an American of Syrian heritage. I want what is best for both countries that I am proud to represent.
Mr. Gunny, it is views like yours that inspire and fan the flames of Muslim extremism. Your own viable solution is war and destruction. Did you learn nothing from Sept. 11? Viewpoints like yours are what led to the Sept. 11 attacks. The continued hate and venomosity, the continued wish for territorial expansion. Can you not see how that is threatening?

Blow that sandbox and everything in it to Hell since it is nothing more than a den of ill-behaved, megalomaniacal religious zealots who presume to consider themselves so great that no one but Arabs can step foot on their precious soil.

Do we not feel the same way about the United States? We want no foreign power to step foot on our soil. We wish no foreign power to hold any power over our government? Every American citizens wants this and believes this.
Yet you feel that Arab countries do not have the same right? Syria wants the right to run its country the way it chooses. So do other countries. Why should any country feel it has the right to control the destiny of another country?
I am neither a Muslim or a Christian. It is not my right to choose which is right and which is wrong. Apparently many of Mr. Bush's followers feel they have that right. Current members of Mr. Bush's parties believe they have a right to eradicate Islam, much as past American governments felt that had a right to control the rights of women and African Americans.
There has to be tolerance shown at some points. Otherwise, the lessons of Sept. 11 and Iraq will not be learned. And all those deaths will be in vain. Continued hate will certainly lead to more random slaughter.

I think Lebanon wanted to run thier own country too but Syria had different plans for them.

KatarinaZ said:

so syria should have stayed in lebanon? iraq in kuwait? russia in afganistan? and now israel should simply withdraw and allow hamas, hezbolla and their funders iran and syria to continue to shoot rockets at them and blow up their markets, busses and pizza parlors.....also if it is all about the US....why bomb london, spain, bali, saudi arabia, somalia, russia or any one of a number of other countries that are not the US....if anyone is not seeing both sides it is you my friend

KatarinaZ said:
My mother was Syrian. I have been there. I love the people and respect their struggle.
I have no sympathy or respect for Israel at all. I think the world would be a much better place without them.
Has anyone here ever taken the time to understand both sides?

Most of the people who hang around here side with Israel. Not me. And I don't consider myself to be anti semetic either..

The jews in this country think more of Israel than the the well being of the United States. This country is the host animal that the tick (Israel) feeds off of. Someday the host will die from the disease the tick transmitted. The tick won't care because it will have fed and the host was too complacent to rid the problem sooner.

If I am wrong with my analogy, then why doesn't Israel just pay its own way and not demand extortion money from the US? Even a 50 year old son, or daughter has to pay their own way sooner or later. Why should we have to support Israel. How about other countries helping the "chosen'' ones out???

Working Man said:
Most of the people who hang around here side with Israel. Not me. And I don't consider myself to be anti semetic either..

The jews in this country think more of Israel than the the well being of the United States. This country is the host animal that the tick (Israel) feeds off of. Someday the host will die from the disease the tick transmitted. The tick won't care because it will have fed and the host was too complacent to rid the problem sooner.

If I am wrong with my analogy, then why doesn't Israel just pay its own way and not demand extortion money from the US? Even a 50 year old son, or daughter has to pay their own way sooner or later. Why should we have to support Israel. How about other countries helping the "chosen'' ones out???
How about they are a proxy of the US regarding now iran, previously Iraq?:blowup:

Working Man said:

jews voted against bush 3:1 in the last election and continue not to support him as he defends their homeland......further you act like israel is the only country to get US funds.....

KatarinaZ said:

Again, you espouse tolerance but offer none. On top of that, you threaten more action like 9/11 if we (meaning the US) do not submit to your demands for "tolerance".

All I have learned from your posts is that you want a free hand to destroy Israel and impose Arab culture on the rest of the world. Every despot that ever lived thought they should have a free hand to do as they please as well. You just happen to be presenting that desire as a plea for tolerance.

manu1959 said:
jews voted against bush 3:1 in the last election and continue not to support him as he defends their homeland......further you act like israel is the only country to get US funds.....

There's no other country that we've built into a superpower like israel. AIPAC is one of the strongest lobbies in the country. Let's not be silly. Sure, many jews vote against the president; that's just so they can point and say, "look, jews don't support israel, they voted against the president". Its called playing both sides.

rtwngAvngr said:
There's no other country that we've built into a superpower like israel. AIPAC is one of the strongest lobbies in the country. Let's not be silly. Sure, many jews vote against the president; that's just so they can point and say, "look, jews don't support israel, they voted against the president". Its called playing both sides.

uh...japan? germany?....do the jews run england as well?

dude your paranoia is paranoid

Forum List

Back