Does anyone here understand the "other side?"

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by KatarinaZ, Jul 17, 2006.

1. KatarinaZ

KatarinaZ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My mother was Syrian. I have been there. I love the people and respect their struggle.
    I have no sympathy or respect for Israel at all. I think the world would be a much better place without them.
    Has anyone here ever taken the time to understand both sides?

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    We have discussed both sides at lenght if you would take the time to read. Why do you pity Syria?

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I FULLY understand both sides:

10,000 years ago Jews faught and won their land. Since, Islams have been killing people at random in hopes of winning it back. So far, every attempt has failed. Syria allows Islamic Terrorists to launch attacks at Israel from their homeland.

Israel isn't having it, so they kick the asses of those trying to kill their women and children.

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    So essentially you are saying you wish to see the destruction of an entire nation of people, including moms, dads, children...And then you wish for Americans to understand your plight??? I don' think so!!

5. KatarinaZ

KatarinaZ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I knew you did not understand. Allow me to explain.
    My mother's family is Syrian. None of them are Muslim. None of them are terrorists or terrorist sympathizers. Saying that all Syrians are Muslims is like saying that all Americans are Christians. Which I know is untrue.
    There are a great many terrorist factions in the Middle East. The majority of them are independent of each other. The Syrian government does not speak for all the people. The leaders are despots. They rule by force.
    The same thing is currently happening in Lebanon. Hamas and Hizbullah are much greater forces than the Lebanese government. They have money, power and military force that the government does not have.
    It happens everywhere. Israel is on a constant struggle to wipe out anyone who is not Jewish. It is awful.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Im sure there are many good people in Syria who wish things were different and don't see the world thru terrorists eyes, at the same time you just said Israelis want to wipe out anyone who is not Jewish...That is a ridiculous statement that terrorists use, and it sounds like you buy into that propaganda. Israel just wants to live peacefully on that timey little scrap of land they are on which is getting less and less by the way since they willingly pulled out of southern Lebanon, and out of the Gaza region so that Palestinains may live in there. In reality it is terrorists who believe that all must be Muslim or they are they are the enemy, and all you need to do is read the Koran.

7. KatarinaZ

KatarinaZ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone who has lived in the Middle East knows that Israel does not wish to live peacefully. There are those in Israel who wish to live peacefully, but they are far outnumbered by the hardliners who wish to wipe out all who oppose them.
    I have no interest in reading the Koran. Just as I have no interest in reading the Christian Bible. Both mislead you into thinking that their followers are peaceful. When exactly the opposite is true. There are those of us who dislike both, and wish to live independent of either.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Complain to Iran--it runs Syria.

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Explain to me exactly what Israel has done to even attempt to wipe out everyone who is not Jewish ?!!!

10. KatarinaZ

KatarinaZ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone who believes Syria is run by another country is completely ignorant of the current situation.
    What was the cause of the current Israeli assault on Lebanon? Because someone kidnaped a soldier? In West Bank, individuals "disappear" on a regular basis. The Israeli military and secret police regularly terrorize those in other countries. They use military force whenever they see fit.
    I have heard since Mr. Bush took office that he wishes to end Global Terrorism. Yet he himself sanctions terror operations by other countries.