Does anyone here own a slaughterhouse?

Now, now, cow's tongue is quite good..if somebody else prepares it and you don't have to witness or touch it before it's ready for consumption.

See you cook the whole thing..and it looks remarkably like a huge, ugly penis, with weird pointy things all over it, then you have to actually peel the thick revolting membrane from the core of really good, very fine inner tongue, which is just a few inches by a few inches (but quite long). Then you slice that up fairly thin, and it's good, and not disgusting at all...has a little more iron taste to it than regular beef. Good sliced thin and made into dainty sandwiches, or served cold with salt or mustard.

But getting it to that point is disgusting and it makes you really not want to eat it. At least it did me.

http://www.instructables.com/id/EENLR1BWR9EULZCMJB/[/IMG]

E8JL2LXEQIEULZCMWU

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information.

I like to use the carotid arteries as curvy straws to drink lemonade in the summer.

Now, now, cow's tongue is quite good..if somebody else prepares it and you don't have to witness or touch it before it's ready for consumption.

See you cook the whole thing..and it looks remarkably like a huge, ugly penis, with weird pointy things all over it, then you have to actually peel the thick revolting membrane from the core of really good, very fine inner tongue, which is just a few inches by a few inches (but quite long). Then you slice that up fairly thin, and it's good, and not disgusting at all...has a little more iron taste to it than regular beef. Good sliced thin and made into dainty sandwiches, or served cold with salt or mustard.

But getting it to that point is disgusting and it makes you really not want to eat it. At least it did me.

My friends mother used to send her to school with cow tongue sandwiches. What is even funnier is that another girl used to LOVE them and would trade just about anything for it!

Because I was just wondering what percentage of the weight of a cow is edible.

I'm guessing about 75%, once the skin and bones are removed and discarded, the majority of the fat is trimmed, and the non-edible organs are chucked.

Any thoughts? I'm sure I could find it by looking up on the internet, but I'd rather stimulate discussion.

(Apologies to Echo Zulu...)

I own a first edition hard cover of slaughter house 9 does that count ??

I'm guessing about 75%, once the skin and bones are removed and discarded, the majority of the fat is trimmed, and the non-edible organs are chucked.

Any thoughts? I'm sure I could find it by looking up on the internet, but I'd rather stimulate discussion.

Is it edible?

Is it edible?

Damn, xotoxi, some hide you've got.

Forum List

Back