Does anyone here LIKE Bill Oreilly?

OK, well...we've gone a little off topic, here.

I used to like listening to his radio show. I have been on it a handfull of times, as a caller. Bill has a bad habit of cutting people off JUUUUST when they are about to give him a run for his money, juuuuust when they are about to effectively counter one of his points. Atleast, that is what he has done to me, more than once. Coincidence? I think not.

I agree. I've seen him do that and it is those times he aggravates me most.

O'Reilly is a disinformation agent for the elete.He ignores facts and attacks anybody who says that 9/11 was an inside job and never lets them prove their facts that prove it.He always cuts them off never letting them voice their views.So he gets my blood boiling as well.I cant stand the sight of his face anymore.He is a disgrace to the american people.

O'Reilly is a disinformation agent for the elete.He ignores facts and attacks anybody who says that 9/11 was an inside job and never lets them prove their facts that prove it.He always cuts them off never letting them voice their views.So he gets my blood boiling as well.I cant stand the sight of his face anymore.He is a disgrace to the american people.

In other words, he ignores loons.

O'Reilly among others should be viewed as propagandists, the interest is in the way rhetoric can distort and confuse. I love when he messes up and get an interview with someone who beats him up. Then he starts yelling and taking over the opponent. Childish, simple minded, fool is the best description for him, but that some listen and believe is scary.

The Bill O'Reilly Iraq WMD Apology Countdown Clock

Bill O'Reilly - Good Morning America - 3-18-03 -- "And I said on my program, if -- if -- the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush administration again."

The guy should update his clock, though. O'Reilly has admitted he was wrong on WMDs and apologized numerous times, and that's just when I've been listening which isn't all that often so I imagine its been ever more than that.

O'Reilly among others should be viewed as propagandists, the interest is in the way rhetoric can distort and confuse. I love when he messes up and get an interview with someone who beats him up. Then he starts yelling and taking over the opponent. Childish, simple minded, fool is the best description for him, but that some listen and believe is scary.

The Bill O'Reilly Iraq WMD Apology Countdown Clock

Bill O'Reilly - Good Morning America - 3-18-03 -- "And I said on my program, if -- if -- the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush administration again."

Actually, that description fits YOU to a "t".

Trying to remember which port I was in but they didn't have Corona or Heineken so I get handed a VB with "this is the Australian version of Heineken.":eusa_eh:

That was one beer I never finished. I think I ended up drinking Bud Light and I hate that shit. An absolute treat in comparison though.

Whoever made that claim should be keelhauled. They have no clue about beer. That was a disgraceful thing to do to a visitor.

I bet it was in Melbourne :rofl:

Keelhauled -- that must have really hit the sore spot.

I currently prefer Limbaugh for his comical take on the Democrat Nomination.
Boortz, is quite interesting.
Savage is an entertainer, and an entrepenuer. He is effective at managing his audience. I do not know if he believes in what he rants about but he is the top dog in his niche (and for a New York Jew that is a tough sell in a market populated by White Separatist).
Doyle is a nice touch when I get home from work late or am up at that hour. I am a fan from B5 though.

I do listen to NPR but it is for the Classical Music. I find the voices of their hosts and their light-jazz cut-music annoying.

All of the above get the big old index finger to the Power Button when I'm tired of their BS.

O'Reilly, Medvid, and Hannity are insufferable. From what I have seen on FOXNews Colmes seems a pretty decent guy.

Last edited:
He makes some good points, mostly bad points, but he's a weak debator becuase when he can't give satisfactory response to a topic, he resorts to name-calling. On a message board, who cares. On MSM primetime broadcasting to the entire world, that's pretty sad.

He is a pompous arrogant conceited hypocritical windbag in my humble opinion.

Bill O'Reilly (commentator) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On October 13, 2004, O'Reilly filed a lawsuit against O'Reilly Factor producer Andrea Mackris, her lawyer Benedict P. Morelli, and Morelli's law firm for extortion, contending Mackris had privately threatened to charge O'Reilly with sexual harassment unless he paid her more than $60 million (USD). Later that same day, Mackris filed a complaint of sexual harassment against O'Reilly. Her lawsuit claimed that O’Reilly subjected her to repeated instances of sexual harassment and spoke often, and explicitly, to her about phone sex, vibrators, threesomes, masturbation, the loss of his virginity, and sexual fantasies. The specific quotations led to speculation that Mackris had recorded the conversations, though this has never been confirmed. O’Reilly never explicitly denied the conversations, even prior to their settlement, but he did deny engaging in any physical or sexual assaults or "offensive touching." He also alleged that Mackris' motives were only monetary and political in nature. According to newspaper reports, O'Reilly paid Mackris millions of dollars as part of a settlement, whereby both lawsuits were dismissed, but the terms of the agreement are confidential. Mackris' complaint also quoted O'Reilly as he described alleged retaliation by Fox towards anyone who sued Fox for sexual harassment or anyone else who posed a threat to Fox.

The best of Bill OReilly.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Flips Out[/ame]

He is a pompous arrogant conceited hypocritical windbag in my humble opinion.

Bill O'Reilly (commentator) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On October 13, 2004, O'Reilly filed a lawsuit against O'Reilly Factor producer Andrea Mackris, her lawyer Benedict P. Morelli, and Morelli's law firm for extortion, contending Mackris had privately threatened to charge O'Reilly with sexual harassment unless he paid her more than $60 million (USD). Later that same day, Mackris filed a complaint of sexual harassment against O'Reilly. Her lawsuit claimed that O’Reilly subjected her to repeated instances of sexual harassment and spoke often, and explicitly, to her about phone sex, vibrators, threesomes, masturbation, the loss of his virginity, and sexual fantasies. The specific quotations led to speculation that Mackris had recorded the conversations, though this has never been confirmed. O’Reilly never explicitly denied the conversations, even prior to their settlement, but he did deny engaging in any physical or sexual assaults or "offensive touching." He also alleged that Mackris' motives were only monetary and political in nature. According to newspaper reports, O'Reilly paid Mackris millions of dollars as part of a settlement, whereby both lawsuits were dismissed, but the terms of the agreement are confidential. Mackris' complaint also quoted O'Reilly as he described alleged retaliation by Fox towards anyone who sued Fox for sexual harassment or anyone else who posed a threat to Fox.

But then ... that's been said of YOU Matts ... :lol:

I do like to listen to O'Reilly's "talking points" at the opening of his show. Other than that, unless he has someone on that I want to hear, I can go without watching him. He's had people on in the past that I thought he should have chewed a new a-hole only to softball them like a big pansie. So he's so-so to me.

O'Reilly is ok. You just have to go into it knowing that he's going to cut someone off once they get going. "Ok we're out of time, and you're wrong...next on todays agenda..."

I do enjoy listening to some of the stuff he says....I don't necessarily agree with all of it...but I really enjoy watching him destroy a guest on a topic I agree with him on.

As Stephen Colbert puts it, "He thinks from the gut."

Forum List

Back