Does anyone have any experience with a flat top griddle

Cooking? Me?
LOLOLOL!
The best one can say about my cooking is I ain't killed anyone yet.
Bu t I know how to use all the machinery in our workshop and can usually repair my own car
It's a trade off!

Cooking? Me?
LOLOLOL!
Bu t I know how to use all the machinery in our workshop and can usually repair my own car
It's a trade off!

Come on man!!!
I made flight hardware for the shuttle program and helped build the F-22 prototype yet I can still cook!!!

I love mine. It is cast iron and can be used in the house or on the grill. Love, love making breakfast on the grill with it. Covers about a third of the grill.
I've been curious about using a griddle for quite some time and found this...

Seriously considering the stainless model.

I love mine. It is cast iron and can be used in the house or on the grill. Love, love making breakfast on the grill with it. Covers about a third of the grill.
I've been curious about using a griddle for quite some time and found this...

Seriously considering the stainless model.

I've got a small griddle that fits on my Fire Magic but found it lacking.
The idea of having a 36x20 cooking surface sounds badass!

[QLOL="HereWeGoAgain, post: 17272726, member: 27168"]
Cooking? Me?
LOLOLOL!
It's a trade off!

Come on man!!!
I made flight hardware for the shuttle program and helped build the F-22 prototype yet I can still cook!!![/QUOTE]

Well I do cook but no one is happy about it. Except for my lasagna. That shit is deluxe yummy.
How interesting what you've done!

I like the cast personally. Stainless it depends on if it is a good grade or not.Some stainless ware is better than the rest.

I've spent bundles trying to find one I liked. Went with a cast iron skillet. I am partial, what can I say. Think it dates back to my grandmothers and how great everything tasted from hers.
I like the cast personally. Stainless it depends on if it is a good grade or not.Some stainless ware is better than the rest.

As far as basic pans go I prefer De Buyer.
They take a seasoning very well.
And I've found a brief sandblasting before seasoning to be really beneficial.

These De Buyers were silver when I started.....
upload_2017-5-16_21-36-30.png

The seasoning process with polymerized oils took about 36 hours.

I've spent bundles trying to find one I liked. Went with a cast iron skillet. I am partial, what can I say. Think it dates back to my grandmothers and how great everything tasted from hers.

Dont get me wrong,I use the shit out of cast iron cookware but there are times when you need to control temps quickly.

It's all about seasoning the pan properly whether it be cast or iron.

That I agree. Lol I have to be quick. Though I have learned to turn down before I need lower heat or remove from the heat. Not quick enough a few times, though. :biggrin:

Dont get me wrong,I use the shit out of cast iron cookware but there are times when you need to control temps quickly.

I've only had one other that I have ever seasoned and it still wasn't the same, though I probably did it wrong.

I've only had one other that I have ever seasoned and it still wasn't the same, though I probably did it wrong.

Seasoning pans is really pretty easy,It just takes patience.
Lay out the thinnest layer of oil you can and repeatedly heat to the smoking point.....repeat over and over.
The key is repeated VERY thin applications of oil.

These De Buyers were silver when I started.....
View attachment 127003

The seasoning process with polymerized oils took about 36 hours.
I have some of those original water-less lifetime pans. No seasoning required in the one I use for eggs. Plus both the heavy and the light cast. We had Grizzly oven with the big griddle on one side. I loved that thing as I cooked for everyone most mornings before we all got started for the day.

The majority of my Cast Iron is Le Creuset which cooks fantastically!!!
Although expensive it does live up to it's reputation.

The large roaster at $425 may be expensive but it turns out chicken like you wouldnt believe

New Topics

Forum List

Back