Does anyone have an opinion on the economy?

Haro

Sep 9, 2008
I already made a thread to figure this out, but it went in a different direction. What do YOU want to see the president do with the economy?

What can the president do for the economy? I am not an economist, I'm a businessman, and a small one at that. I know how to run a company, but those rules don't seem to apply to our government.

For example:

Don't spend more than you make.

Shop around, get the best price.

Don't price your product higher than the market will bear.

Cut out the fat keep the lean, Bureaucracy is productivity's worst enemy.

Promote on results, not seniority.

I'd like to see an end to the bailouts and let the market decide the fate of these companies. This, to me, is preferable to the imminent collapse of the dollar, which is the direction we're currently going in.

The economy sucks, Thanks Chris Dodd, Thanks Obamalama ding dong, Thanks Braney Frank,, thanks thanks thanks

No one person can possibly have all the blame attributed to them. This crisis was a long time in the making.

Actually the fault of the current economic crsis almost entirely goes to Bush.

or so your democratic minions would like us to believe. buttttttt, you choose to ignore all the posted evidence to the contrary, not much we can do about it.... another good reason to get dems outta washington asap

No one person can possibly have all the blame attributed to them. This crisis was a long time in the making.

That is why I say almost. The war killed the dollar because the deficit is so high. The straw that broke the camal's back was Bush's decision to deregulate the banks.

That is why I say almost. The war killed the dollar because the deficit is so high. The straw that broke the camal's back was Bush's decision to deregulate the banks.

oh, it's the war??? nutting to do with the dems pushing for every tom dick and harry legal or illegal to have a house at the taxpayer's expense... good old warm fuzzy democrats... Thanks Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, John Kerry, Obamalama ding dong... Thanks ,,, Thanks a lot... oh, and remember those democrats who told us we could not have a tax holiday this summer to relieve high cost of gasoline,, those democrats???? well let me tell ya those were the same democrats went up to Denver and were sucking up gasoline tax free from the city of denver,,, yeah those democrats....ya gotta be patriotic and pay them taxes says joe biden, heeee heeee

The war is certainly a part of the problem, along with our foreign policy in general. It's not cheap to keep troops in at least 130 different countries. The biggest problem is the Federal Reserve, however. Manipulating interest rates and printing money unchecked led to this crisis.

oh, it's the war??? nutting to do with the dems pushing for every tom dick and harry legal or illegal to have a house at the taxpayer's expense... good old warm fuzzy democrats... Thanks Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, John Kerry, Obamalama ding dong... Thanks ,,, Thanks a lot... oh, and remember those democrats who told us we could not have a tax holiday this summer to relieve high cost of gasoline,, those democrats???? well let me tell ya those were the same democrats went up to Denver and were sucking up gasoline tax free from the city of denver,,, yeah those democrats....ya gotta be patriotic and pay them taxes says joe biden, heeee heeee

I want to see a source about Obama wanting to use taxpayer dollars to give people houses.
I am gald you brought up the cost of gas. Do you know who is getting the tax breaks so there is no money left for a tax holiday? Guess who gave them those breaks.

The war is certainly a part of the problem, along with our foreign policy in general. It's not cheap to keep troops in at least 130 different countries. The biggest problem is the Federal Reserve, however. Manipulating interest rates and printing money unchecked led to this crisis.

Yeah, we spend more on our army than the rest of the world put together. What happened to cause the collapse in the economy is as follows:
1) Bush deregualtes band
2)Banks make riskier loans
3)People declare bankrupcy and loans are unpaid
4)Banks go under

Simmilar to what caused that great depression.

Yeah, we spend more on our army than the rest of the world put together. What happened to cause the collapse in the economy is as follows:
1) Bush deregualtes band
2)Banks make riskier loans
3)People declare bankrupcy and loans are unpaid
4)Banks go under

Simmilar to what caused that great depression.

who voted for spending on the war??? doya think?

who voted for spending on the war??? doya think?

Well it would certainly make us look stupid if the president went into a war and congress did not back him up. And just so you know you asked me "Do you think" as a separate question.

Forum List

Back