Does anyone else see wat I am seeing?

IF_Common_29

May 1, 2009
Russia and the United States will never become great allies because the US has nothing to offer Russia. Russia offers the US to main incentives. Oil and Lumber. They are a great supplier of oil in the world. And they export a reasonable amount of lumber. But what would the US offer back? We could promise them to be military allies and give them advice when needed...But why would the Russians want that. The majority of the powerful politicians and military leaders in Russia are nationalists and think that they don't need advice from lazy Amerciasn. And military allies doesn't favor them at all. My theory is that now that Russia's economy is starting to get back on track and they feel like they are gaining power by the second they plan on rebuilding something similar to the Soviet Union again. People say that they invaded Georgia over some political or religious issues, or whatever happened there. But i believe they were just testing the waters, and seeing how the world would react if they tried to take over smaller, weaker countries. And what happened? The US made some "menacing" threats. lol. But thats just my conspiracy. What do you guys think? I may be an idiot. Tell me the truth. And if anyone can tell me where I got my name from I will mail you 100 dollars. lol

Russia and the United States will never become great allies because the US has nothing to offer Russia. Russia offers the US to main incentives. Oil and Lumber. They are a great supplier of oil in the world. And they export a reasonable amount of lumber. But what would the US offer back? We could promise them to be military allies and give them advice when needed...But why would the Russians want that. The majority of the powerful politicians and military leaders in Russia are nationalists and think that they don't need advice from lazy Amerciasn. And military allies doesn't favor them at all. My theory is that now that Russia's economy is starting to get back on track and they feel like they are gaining power by the second they plan on rebuilding something similar to the Soviet Union again. People say that they invaded Georgia over some political or religious issues, or whatever happened there. But i believe they were just testing the waters, and seeing how the world would react if they tried to take over smaller, weaker countries. And what happened? The US made some "menacing" threats. lol. But thats just my conspiracy. What do you guys think? I may be an idiot. Tell me the truth. And if anyone can tell me where I got my name from I will mail you 100 dollars. lol

Welcome to the board.

I love it when we get a geopolitical thread, most here are stuck on domestic.

Russian policy now and for the foreseeable future is to regain what it lost in '91, hegemony over the former 'republics,' thus the Georgia War.

The US needs several favors from Russia, such as access to routes to Afghanistan. And the Obama Administration offered to drop the Ballistic Missile Defense plan for Poland if Russia would block Iranian nuclear plans. Russian refused.

Thus the Obama reach-out to Turkey, which can be a power in Afghanistan, the Caucasus, and block Russia to some extent. Watch Russian moves in Azerbaijan and attempts to stop Turkey-Armenian rapprochement.

Watch the Start Talks in May.

Best wishes.

Yes, when we stopped manufacturing things here, we lost our advantage.

And now that we are broke, we can't loan them money like we used to. Remember how much we gave them to deal with Y2K? Rediculous.

And we went from being the largest creditor country in the world to the largest debtor country.

You are right, we offer very little.

And no one cared the last 8 years as we said that the US was going from the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation? Really?

Just like Cheney and Republicans said that deficits don't matter, but now they are worried about Obama's spending?

But better late than never.

Yes, when we stopped manufacturing things here, we lost our advantage.

And now that we are broke, we can't loan them money like we used to. Remember how much we gave them to deal with Y2K? Rediculous.

And we went from being the largest creditor country in the world to the largest debtor country.

You are right, we offer very little.

And no one cared the last 8 years as we said that the US was going from the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation? Really?

Just like Cheney and Republicans said that deficits don't matter, but now they are worried about Obama's spending?

But better late than never.

Sometimes you do okay until you just can't resist your retarded, partisan synopsis at the end.

Got news for you, dude. We started going from creditor nation to debtor nation in the 70s. Not just the last 8 years. While you try to bash the GOP, remember you're bashing them for acting like Democrats, a point more than a few conservatives/Republicans made complaining about GOP spending during Bush's tenure.

So try again. This time click that one brain cell into motion.

although that is a good point about the chaney and bush thing, i wasn't trying to turn this into a republican & democrat battle. Because in the end, when we fight WWIII, that won't matter. what will matter is who our allies are and who is leading our country. so whoever our leader is at that time and from here on out, should try to come up with some kind of deal for Russia, so they can become our ally. Jus a thought, who knows wat could happen.

Forum List

Back