Does anyone else hate Liberty Mutual Insurance commercials?

No need insurance. Spirit Father protect you.

Oh, and the reservation smoke signalled. They are re-possessing your pony. So no need to pray to Spirit Father anyway.

Last edited:
I sure do! I wouldn't take their insurance if they gave it to me! What do you think?

Liberty Mutual is a lost cause.
They used to be a great company. I had them since the 1970s. They never advertised.
Then a couple years ago they started advertising.
Suddenly my insurance which was $105 for two cars and a home went up to $91 for just the cars!
I called Progressive. Got the first month for $19, and $38 after that (for the cars).
Called Liberty. They offered me $66. I passed telling two people there.
That night I wrote them telling them I passed.
Next month I got a bill for $106, several letters and several emails threatening my account was pending cancellation!
Wrote them a second time. Finally called them again the other week.
To their credit they're supposed to send me $15 back.
Their commercials are a lie. They DON'T ensure that you have the best fit policy to your needs.
And their claims of forgiving first accidents: that's only for a special policy which you PAY MORE FOR. In effect, paying for that first accident whether you have it or not.

I sure do! I wouldn't take their insurance if they gave it to me! What do you think?

Liberty Mutual is a lost cause.
They used to be a great company. I had them since the 1970s. They never advertised.
Then a couple years ago they started advertising.
Suddenly my insurance which was $105 for two cars and a home went up to $91 for just the cars!
I called Progressive. Got the first month for $19, and $38 after that (for the cars).
Called Liberty. They offered me $66. I passed telling two people there.
That night I wrote them telling them I passed.
Next month I got a bill for $106, several letters and several emails threatening my account was pending cancellation!
Wrote them a second time. Finally called them again the other week.
To their credit they're supposed to send me $15 back.
Their commercials are a lie. They DON'T ensure that you have the best fit policy to your needs.
And their claims of forgiving first accidents: that's only for a special policy which you PAY MORE FOR. In effect, paying for that first accident whether you have it or not.

Thank you! I figured it was all a scam.

I think thier commercials are mostly pretty entertaining.

But I have a sore spot in my heart for their insurance.

Many years ago, my employer set up a "deal" with LIberty Mutual for "discounted" rates and payment by payroll deduction, which was quite convenient. We had car insurance (3 cars), motorcycle insurance, homeowners, and personal liability.

Then one day I was looking at my pay stub and thought, "This is a hell of a of money." I sent my information to an Allstate agent who advertised in my church bulletin. He quoted me $2,500 less per year, for slightly better coverage. By that point I had been with L-M for 7-8 years.

One thing that particularly bothered me, I have always had a sportscar that I put into storage for 6 months a year. THe L-M agent said there wasn't anything they could do to cut me a break for the period when the car was not on the road. Allstate adjusted the coverage without even asking, saving me a couple hundred bucks right away.

When I pulled out I didn't get a single call or other communication from LIberty Mutual, asking why I changed.

On the other hand, the service they gave me was excellent.

When I hear them talk about how much money I can save by switching to their coverage, I just laugh to myself.

I hate their commercials. HATE them. I always mute it.

Geico. Best insurance ever.

Liberty Mutual ads are so boring; so waste of time. I''ve been with GEICO for decades since I got my first car.

Now can I start bitching about advertising prescription drugs on TV? "Ask your doctor about . . ." This is ridiculous! Why is this allowed?

Forum List

Back