Does anyone else find this disturbing?

When you patch up a dike that sprung a leak, you dont simply walk away.
You do all you can to prevent other leaks from happening.

Not even comparable. We are occupiers in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Ever been a citizen in an occupied country? My parents came from an occupied country. It is horrendous.

Personally, I'd like to know where these women were. Quite obviously, you can wear a scarf under a helmet and a helmet certainly covers the head in the most modest of ways.

Are these guys just appeasing the population?

marines_1643254c.jpg

I'd like a little more context for the photo before I start hurling accusations.

They have their Kevlar helmets with them, I don't get the point you are trying to make.

In all fairness, she is not aware of how hot and uncomfortable they can be.
She is not aware that taking it off and having it in your hand to put on in a matter of a half a second is not the same as not having it on your person at all

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

Once Karzai was installed, the Taliban was his problem. We gave up on Osama long ago. We shouldn't be there.

Karzai would be hung from a street lamp if not for US Forces in that country.

Again, not our problem.

They have their Kevlar helmets with them, I don't get the point you are trying to make.

Point being, what is the context of the photo, how do we know the women don't have their helmets with them (I can only see one hand on any of them). If they are in combat, it's stupid. If they are trying to do some kind of outreach to the local population, it makes sense. That's the problem with being an occupier. Soldiers aren't social workers or a legal system or police.

We need to stop forcing them to be something other than soldiers.

Not even comparable. We are occupiers in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Ever been a citizen in an occupied country? My parents came from an occupied country. It is horrendous.

Personally, I'd like to know where these women were. Quite obviously, you can wear a scarf under a helmet and a helmet certainly covers the head in the most modest of ways.

marines_1643254c.jpg

I'd like a little more context for the photo before I start hurling accusations.

She is not aware that taking it off and having it in your hand to put on in a matter of a half a second is not the same as not having it on your person at all

Exactly, those guys probably just took them off for a quick second to take a break, but the helmets were still there. I didn't see them at all in the pic of the female soldiers with the hijabs.

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

Once Karzai was installed, the Taliban was his problem. We gave up on Osama long ago. We shouldn't be there.

Again, not our problem.

Point being, what is the context of the photo, how do we know the women don't have their helmets with them (I can only see one hand on any of them). If they are in combat, it's stupid. If they are trying to do some kind of outreach to the local population, it makes sense. That's the problem with being an occupier. Soldiers aren't social workers or a legal system or police.

I agree with the last part.

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

marines_1643254c.jpg

Tell me was it strongly suggested by their command they not wear their helmets and remove them?

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

Again, not our problem.

The context of the photo is explained in the accompanying article.

I find it disturbing that the women are so a) stupid b) brainwashed c) accept themselves as non equals, almost dogs that they accept this kind of treatment.

But it is their choice. What do they do when their comrade gets shot in the head? Just walk away? Don't they think to get angry at the fact that there are helmets available to prevent that comrades death?

I have no sympathy for a woman who cannot/will not think.

5mfy4x.jpg

Maybe they are under ORDERS from their COMMANDING OFFICER? Did you even think of that?

Then their fucking comanding officers are stupid.

Not Just stupid, Criminal. If their commanding officer order only his women to take of their Kevlar to appease the locals. then said commander should be removed from duty, and charged if any of them are hurt because they did not have head protection on.

Exactly, those guys probably just took them off for a quick second to take a break, but the helmets were still there. I didn't see them at all in the pic of the female soldiers with the hijabs.

You can see them carrying their helmets. They choose to take them off for a moment. I don't see the woman even carrying theirs. if they get into combat, they will be doing it with out head protection.

STUPID!

CaféAuLait;3509649 said:
If we were fighting in a war where the majority of people were Catholic, would we force Muslim, Atheist and Jewish soldiers to wear a cross?

well, we're not supposed to be at war *with* the Iraqi people. we're supposed to be at war *for* them, so probably doing things that aren't appropriate wouldn't be very helpful to our cause...

no matter what that cause is.

You do not have any problem with the US military setting up separate guidelines for female soldiers and treating them differently than they do men? You see nothing wrong with them putting the women in more danger form a thrown rock, a gun shot, or an IED?

I bet you call yourself a feminist. :cuckoo:

We are occupying their country. We aren't at war. The war was over long ago. It is now an occupation. It only makes sense to avoid antagonizing the populace.

We should have just gotten the hell out of there years ago. Taliban's gone, here is your country, enjoy.

Do you have a brain? We are engaged in active combat in Afghanistan, and every soldier over their, including the women, is a potential target.

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

marines_1643254c.jpg

The context is that the men are in full combat gear, including helmets, and the women are in the same combat gear sans helmets and wearing non issue headgear. The only way they could get way with that is if the chain of command issued a specific order to change the military uniform requirements. The last time we did that was in Saudi Arabia, and it resulted in women forced to wear burqas off base, walk behind subordinate male soldiers whenever their was a Saudi around, even on base, and specific orders for the men not to salute any female officer. As I recall, the left raised a mighty ruckus back then, and Congress actually got involved and made the military stop the practice.

The brass was wrong then, and they are wrong now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OZoULQ0-4o]YouTube - You Haven't Come a Long Way Baby![/ame]

Wow, we have officially lost this war.

It was never a war, it was a fight over ideology .
Who would hold to their values with more permanents more persistence.
Who was willing to die to prove they were right.Who was willing to live in the dark while they light the world.

We never offered an alternative to killing the willing and it is,
it is wrong to suggest one ideology is better then another.

Once we got hooked on oil instead of home grown Hemp diesel, we were hooked what ever muslim wanted to tell us.

You think the Iowa corn ADM is going to trade corn subsidies for hemp kick backs?
Never the lies are to old and to deep.
The elections are make in Iowa.Corn City USA.

Forum List

Back