Does anyone appreciate the irony...?

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
Isn't it amazing...? The Senate could waste three whole days debating a constitutional amendment about a non-issue that everyone admitted could never be passed, yet they couldn't find the time to address the very real issue of the attrocities committed at Abu Graib prison.

I sure hope Bush can protect marriage for me.
In fact, I'm so worried about the future of marriage in our country I'm going to try and take out marriage insurance.
I'm also going to buy the biggest gun I can get my hands on, so if anyone tries to take marriage away from me or infringe on my interpretation of marriage...<Bang!>...end of discussion

Protect marriage!
Oust Bush!
:finger3:

Bullypulpit said:
Isn't it amazing...? The Senate could waste three whole days debating a constitutional amendment about a non-issue that everyone admitted could never be passed, yet they couldn't find the time to address the very real issue of the attrocities committed at Abu Graib prison.
How is it that you think the Senate should address "the very real issue " ?

Bullypulpit said:

you are so right. all government business should cease and the will of the people should cease until we sulk over Abu Graib at least a few more months. A matter-of-fact, let's keep it as the only topic in Washington until the dems are back in power. Yeah, that's it; that's the ticket!

freeandfun1 said:
you are so right. all government business should cease and the will of the people should cease until we sulk over Abu Graib at least a few more months. A matter-of-fact, let's keep it as the only topic in Washington until the dems are back in power. Yeah, that's it; that's the ticket!

I think the American people will get bored with the issue before the Dems are back in power. I mean 40 years is a long time to talk about such a nonissue.

freeandfun1 said:

I wasn't talking about "all" government business, zipperhead. Just the fact that the Senate ground to a halt to debate the non-issue of a constitutional amendment banning same gender marriage. There really are things of far greater import than whether or not two men or two women can get married.

Bullypulpit said:

Because you are having a hard time understanding vocabulary:

Atrocity:
fallujah.jpg

Embarrassment:
abu.jpg

So i assume the Senate shouldnt debate any other issues that are brought before them. Plus in case you have noticed, jackass, Abu Gharib took up a whole WEEK in the Senate. They ultimately came to the conclusion that these actions were wrong and agreed to let the MILITARY who was already and still is investigating the issue to continue to do their damn job.

What a freakin tool. Your life must suck Bully. At least i know you'll be commtting suicide on 11/3/04.

Bullypulpit said:
Since you obviously don't understand the concept of mob psychology, I'll let your false comparison pass.

Ahh...Don't blame people for their actions (Funny - the Army is holding those accountable who violated rights of the prisoners); as long as they have an excuse...Mob mentality....Taking orders....

wow.

:nine:

Here's why it was a waste of time on nothing but a campaign political issue...because everyone, including supporters, knew damn well there wasn't even close to the votes necessary to pass this amendment, and yet they held the Senate hostage for three days to argue about it.

acludem

acludem said:
Here's why it was a waste of time on nothing but a campaign political issue...because everyone, including supporters, knew damn well there wasn't even close to the votes necessary to pass this amendment, and yet they held the Senate hostage for three days to argue about it.

acludem

actually, the debate accompished a lot. it got those that oppose the ammendment on the record. which is going to come back to bite those that voted against it in the ass.

It doesn't matter anyway. Any amendment to the constitution will be interpreted to be whatever the judge wants it to be until the supremes finally determine that the document is living. Lucky that this time the writers will be around to tell the judges that they are not that good of mind readers.

Forum List

Back