Does anyone actually believe this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ravi, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,779
    WASHINGTON - White House hopeful Barack Obama suggests he would have left his Chicago church had his longtime pastor, whose fiery anti-American comments about U.S. foreign policy and race relations threatened Obama's campaign, not stepped down.

"Had the reverend not retired, and had he not acknowledged that what he had said had deeply offended people and were inappropriate and mischaracterized what I believe is the greatness of this country, for all its flaws, then I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying at the church," Obama said Thursday during a taping of the ABC talk show, "The View" that was broadcast Friday morning.

http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Washington,+DC

2. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    ...didn't I post this already?

3. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,298
    The question I always have is how one knows this? Can you get into another person's mind or are you simply seeing the world through that mirror which is you.

Actually I wish it were possible for Barack to say, "This is America, and in America we have freedom, and you may not like what Rev Wright says, but he has a right to say that as an American, and I can agree or disagree with what he says, but what he says is still his expression of a deep rooted freedom all Americans share."

"But our collective indignation, no matter how loudly we announce it, cannot drown out the truth. And as much as white America may not be able to hear it (and as much as politics may require Obama to condemn it) let us be clear, Jeremiah Wright fundamentally told the truth."

http://www.counterpunch.org/wise03182008.html

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    He wrote a book with a title that came from one of the good pastor's sermon.

So either he's lying, or he's hopelessly stupid.