Does Anybody's Vote On This Board

If you truly think your votes does not count because your state is Dominated by the other side, then at least go out and Vote 3rd party or something lol.

Geesh.

:)

No, I live in Oregon. Not only will my vote not count, but it will probably be changed into a vote for Obama sometime after it leaves my possession.

But I will do my part anyway, it's what I do. Rage against the machine and all that. Oh well.

That's exactly right! The election fraud is rampant. The only thing for you to do is not vote. Don't vote and make sure you tell all your republican friends not to vote either. It's the only way you can win!

actually count?

We all know that no matter how much you hate Obama, if you live in California, Connecticutt or Minnesota your vote is useless

Ditto if you live Nebraska, Kansas or Alaska and you love Obama, your vote is moot...

So whose vote will actually mean something come November?

If you live in North Dakota, your vote for the U.S. Senate counts 100 times more than a Californian.

I live in Virginia, so my vote always counts.

actually count?

We all know that no matter how much you hate Obama, if you live in California, Connecticutt or Minnesota your vote is useless

Ditto if you live Nebraska, Kansas or Alaska and you love Obama, your vote is moot...

Mine. I think everybody's vote counts, you just need more of your own party actually getting out and voting.

I think every PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION vote counts, but not ever vote counts equally.

The signifigance of your vote depends on how closely contended the race is in your state.

Oddly enough, and for just about the same reason, I also happen to think that every non-vote counts.

Every non-vote counts a vote as against all candidates until the count is done, then every non-vote was a vote FOR the winner in that state and AGAINST the loser in that state.

So if you want your neighbors to decide how you're non-vote counted, then by all means do NOT vote.

Of course votes in some states (like Maine), states where the outcome of the vote can lead to electoral college votes that are split?

Now in those states EVERY VOTE AND EVERY NON-VOTE counts more than every vote in every state where the outcome of the election means a WINNER TAKE ALL of that states electoral college candidates.

So depending on the polticial conditions in that year, and depending on the state laws about the elctorial college votes, some votes are extremely powerful and some are rather insignificant.

Every vote counts. Every vote regardless of what letter is next to their name (besides (R) ) is a vote for freedom and liberty.

Decline to state comes after my name...... they don't have a box for unaffiliated.

I thought you said you voted in every election? :tongue: If you had voted in this last primary, you would know that it no longer says "Decline to State", but "No Party Preference". ;)

It's time to revisit the Electoral College. It's an 18th Century relic that no longer has a place in our 21st Century world.

z3nps1gr0embveztgoctmg.gif

It's time to revisit the Electoral College. It's an 18th Century relic that no longer has a place in our 21st Century world.

Why am I not surprised that a lefty refers to the Constitution as a relic?

I wasn't referring to the Constitution, but the Electoral College. Why am I not surprised a righty doesn't understand the difference?

The Constitution is a "changeable" document for a reason.

The reasons for the Electoral College no longer exist. It doesn't take weeks or months to get information across the US, it takes seconds.

I wasn't referring to the Constitution, but the Electoral College. Why am I not surprised a righty doesn't understand the difference?

The reasons for the Electoral College no longer exist. It doesn't take weeks or months to get information across the US, it takes seconds.

Really?

Explain, please.

actually count?

Mine. I think everybody's vote counts, you just need more of your own party actually getting out and voting.

I take voting super-seriously. Whether my vote is significant during a presidential vote or not, there are other elections taking place on a local level as well as state and local propostitions to vote on.

I vote as though it's my vote which will determine the outcome of any election.

Anyone who doesn't vote has no business bitching about the politician in office.

actually count?

I take voting super-seriously. Whether my vote is significant during a presidential vote or not, there are other elections taking place on a local level as well as state and local propostitions to vote on.

I vote as though it's my vote which will determine the outcome of any election.

Anyone who doesn't vote has no business bitching about the politician in office.

I feel exactly the same.

Moron.

THAT is in the Constitution. Article II.

Idiot.

Lots of us here vote.

I live in a liberal wasteland. My vote isn't just diluted, it's trampled down into the mud and ground underfoot like a dying cigarette butt.

I am still gonna go out and "waste" this vote come Election Day. The incumbent will, doubtless, win the Electors from NY State despite my vote to the contrary.

But I will oppose it as best I can.

And I AM going to donate to Mitt, nationally, on the hope that they use it in the battleground states. I also hope they start articulating more clear cut positions.

"I am running against President Obama" is a good starting point. But it's not nearly enough of platform to run on if he wants to win.

Last edited:
actually count?

Move to Florida! There, as they proved in 2000, votes hardly ever count unless you're a Republican.

actually count?

Move to Florida! There, as they proved in 2000, votes hardly ever count unless you're a Republican.

Does that mean Bill Nelson can leave?

Since Si Modo already highlighted your vapid imbecility, I am here just to point at you and laugh derisively.

You pwnd yourself, you ignorant trollish hack.

haha-7379.gif
laugh-7670.gif

Last edited:
All votes count. A vote shouldn't be considered to count only if you live in a state that has a 50/50 voting base.

It's about exercising the right, not the guarantee that it'll swing the election.

Meaningless twaddle. All it says is that they count all the votes. So what? Does that mean voting makes this a better country? The sad record indicates precisely the opposite.
'Tis true!!!

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

Well, I have voted in every presidential election since 1976, and have always felt that my vote was important, even if the election doesn't turn on a single vote. However, I voted in Broward County, Florida in the 2000 election and given that the final tally of votes for the two major candidates in Florida were 2,912,790 and 2,912,253, a difference of 537 votes, and those votes decided the election, I don't think you can ever assume that a vote is worthless. Sometimes those few extra people who decide to brave the weather or wait in line in the heat or eat dinner later on the evening of the election or get up early and skip breakfast (in other words, make time to exercise their freedom to vote); those people sometimes can make all the difference in the world. I certainly felt my vote mattered that year, but I wouldn't have known that until after the election was over.

Forum List

Back